Janet Jackson -- Taking it On the Road

edited January 1970 in News
Janet Jackson -- Taking it On the Road
Originally posted May 28th 2010 12:45 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Sources tell TMZ Janet Jackson was so "blown away" by the positive reaction to her appearance on the "American Idol" finale that she's "seriously entertaining" a concert tour ... that could begin before the end of the year.

0527-janet-jackson-ex-fox-vince-bucci-credit.jpg

Janet was amazing on Wednesday's "Idol" -- performing "Again," "Nothing," and "Nasty." We're told as of today a concert tour is now on the front burner.

Miss Jackson -- who has only toured once since 2002 (and a bulk of that tour was canceled) agreed yesterday to appear at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans on July 2.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/28/janet-jac ... t-essence/<!-- m -->

Comments

• GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    They should definitely do it. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    i thought i heard she wanted to focus on acting?
  • AnnieIsNotOKAnnieIsNotOK Posts: 979
    i thought i heard she wanted to focus on acting?

Yes,I read that also!
  • VeryLittleSusieVeryLittleSusie Posts: 1,483
    I hope she's not gonna hoax her death before this tour.... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • Yes I heard that she was concentrating on acting.

I was watching her on the Graham Norton show in the UK the earlier this week, her new film premiers in the UK and the date of release is 3RD SEPTEMBER 2010 which I found to be very interesting and also it appears to be quite a coincidence dont you think <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Janet was amazing on Wednesday's "Idol" -- performing "Again,"

Yes, yes, yes, .. it was amazing singing "again", she has not stopped singing, that voice reminded me so much to Michael <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I hope she's not gonna hoax her death before this tour.... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    Yes,,, all of the Jacksons are now enjoying a rebirth of their careers, arent they?
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    Funny how each one is doing a headlining event in different parts of the world. Did they live in Michael's shadow all these years??

Janet did fine till Superbowl - after that all networks avoided her like the plague and she went into a shell. After the BET and VMA awards she is back in the limelight and sadly the only reason she was at those shows was to commemorate her brother.

Emotionally though I think if I was that close to my bro - I would not be able to have any entertainment events in the first year or on any of his significant dates. Makes you wonder then if the events that happened last year actually took place on those dates.