Total Disaster - Oil Spill pictures

hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
edited January 1970 in News
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/05/disaster_unfolds_slowly_in_the.html

What a mess we have made for generations to come. In my opinion, bird, fish, fowl, vegetation and man will reap the consequences of this for a long, long time. Drinking water, in my opinion will never be quite the same. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Comments

• RKRK Posts: 3,019
    This is heartbreaking. A crime against the earth. And why has it taken so long to get this leak controlled. You would think that it would be the most urgent priority. Once again man has ruined the home of many other species we are meant to share the planet with.

• Unbelievable...it deeply saddens me...
  • I'm speechless........
  • jacilovesmichaeljacilovesmichael Posts: 2,474
    What saddens me is that I no longer have faith in our government. I'll even go as far as saying that I have a hard time believing it was an accident. Huge diversion seems more like it. Something to take our mind and eyes off what is really going on. And something to give the government even more "reason" to take CONTROL. Things are falling apart here in America, folks. I hope you are all ready to fight.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Talk about God being angry, this would surely bring tears to his eyes. Our wrath is yet to come and I fear the suffering from this will be on the backs of our children and their children's children, if their is still a world by then, at least a planet earth. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • ejayejay Posts: 455
    <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> This makes me sick to my stomach.
  • sk2001sk2001 Posts: 238
    Poor other species! They have to suffer coz of our needs! This planet isn't just ours and we forget that as humans
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    This is not suffering due to our needs. This is completely useless suffering.

Needs are being defined.
    There is endless energy available - when waking up takes effect.
    There are many reasons why the U.S. and other countries have set path to dependency on oil.

Interestingly, Mr. Obama did publicly declare the reduction of dependency on external supply of oil on March 31, 2010. He stressed to open the gulf for offshore drilling.

This is a detailed article in the New York Times of March 31, 2010 on this subject (page A1 in print):
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/31/science/earth/31energy.html

We remember there was a misunderstanding in the first days whether a northkorean missile had targetted the oilrig which was constructed in Southkorea. Another report said that a missile had sunk a southkorean ship.

Well, just thinking - what if some nature interested in NOT decreasing U.S. dependency on foreign oil supply would think of a means to stop offshore drilling in the gulf?
    There have apparently been technical discussions aboard the rig before the explosion, there have been missing worst case & safety plans, there were fatal decisions taken by Mr. Dick Cheney and others.
    But we are not in an isolated picture and oil business is big business and $$$ cry crime.

And: this catastrophy tears bad reputation onto Mr. Obama whereas the originators of the desastrous regulations were of the opposite party. This leads in addition to keeping busy on the inside / interior affairs and calls immediately for "stricter regulations and controls".

Was there anything important those days that may have lost our interest due to the oil spill and should be looked at again?

There's more to this.
    One thing is for sure: they don't care about us.
    And certainly not about the dolphins. Never have.

Btw: Transocean company would make the rescued workers sign this:
    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/05/oil_spill_company_to_workers_sign_on_the_dotted_li.php#more
    http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/documents/2010/05/witness-statement-in-deepwater-horizon-accident-42210.php?page=1
    So true, Grace...They don't care about us..the dolphins or the wellbeing of the planet
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    ! Until then!, These fools will destroy this planet! and Obama said that the company responsible for this will pay! what the hell is going to pay!, is there money in this world for this page?
    God in the hands of who we are, should go to jail for this crime all <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • White_OrchidWhite_Orchid Posts: 406
    Edit
  • stephsteph Posts: 177
    I don`t want to look, i hate seeing dead animals and stuff.It`s like seeing dead bunnies on the road ,it just makes me feel sick.
  • teerockjelliteerockjelli Posts: 205
    OMG I could not look at anymore pics after seeing them trying to clean the pelican! It was seriously bringing tears to my eyes! The poor animals they have no idea whats going on!

Its crazy a friend of mind asked me do I believe in the 2012 theory, and I asked what he meant. He said you know earthquakes and all types of disasters... And I said well if thats the case all that stuff is happening now. The first thing I thought when I saw the pics of that spill was dang it makes the water look red, he didn't think it looks red, but I know in revelations it says the sea will become red, or something like that.

I think all of this is the consequences of GREED.

<!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> Until something is done all we can do is call on JESUS
  • truthseekertruthseeker Posts: 219
    Pray a hurricane doesn't come in the Gulf this year. Pray hard. Really hard.
  • Game PlayerGame Player Posts: 386
    This whole situation just disgusts me so much. Who is in control? The government just lets the big oil companies do what they want in their own sweet time? If at all? Or is there some agenda here that we are not fully aware of?

I feel like this will go on for a very long time and the oceans and ocean life will suffer greatly. I'm truly scared about how this will effect our world for generations to come.
    Obama said that the company responsible for this will pay! what the hell is going to pay!, is there money in this world for this page?

Everyone in the world will be paying for this disaster. It's sad that we all have to suffer because of these peoples greed. They honestly had no backup plan for this sort of thing? Even after the huge spill in Alaska? It's insane to me.
  • I think that when Michael comes back, he's going to do all he can to help clean up and help the people around the coast!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Good idea, huh? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • teerockjelliteerockjelli Posts: 205
    Pray a hurricane doesn't come in the Gulf this year. Pray hard. Really hard.

your comment had me singing Cameo's Candy

"its like a brand new feeling, in a special way, a sure prize package on a bright clear sunny day" <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    I think thats the words lol
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Pray that they will find the right cork to pop in, soon.
    This is the global picture of what may happen if they don't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_Stream

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Golfstream.jpg/800px-Golfstream.jpg

Golfstrom.jpg
    <!-- m -->http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... fstrom.jpg<!-- m -->
  • I am so angry when i see that!
    I can´t believe they didn´t have a Plan B ("What do we have to do in case there´s a damage")! And i´m of course not an expert on that topic, but I would let the ones who are responsible go there and put their finger onto that hole until the oil stops spilling out (...of course I know that´s not possible).

To see this saddens me and makes me angry at the same time, it´s horrible, and it may have destroyed a huge part of our world´s nature for a veeery long time!
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    Sometimes I want to curl in a ball and hide when I have to call myself human. It's sick.
  • LunaCieloLunaCielo Posts: 393
    In the recent film "Knowing" of 2009 (Knowing is a 2009 science fiction/disaster film directed by Alex Proyas and starring Nicolas Cage) there is a scene in which a man watches a television news that informs ... the explosion of an oil rig in Mexico!
    How can a film just a year ago, "to predict" what happened? Just coincidence?
    Hard to believe given that the coincidences are too many: the platform explodes, the exact location, the date so close: in the film explains exactly what happened April 20, 2010, a year later!
    This reinforces the suspicion …
    And now look logo of Summit Entertainment, which produced the film( Youtube -"Knowing" movie and the Oil Rig Explosion in the Gulf of Mexico 2010.avi " by robjayshar)
    Look at the twentieth second of the movie then: a couple of mountains (but they look a bit 'on the pyramids) whose profile is transformed into a kind of drawing of a seagull hovering in the sky.
    Everything is normal? No, because such a design is in white on a blue background, and has the same precise characteristics of chemtrails that constant rubbing of our skies (the usual advertising subliminal).
    This strange "coincidence" put together with all other suspects already noted in the volcanic eruption in Iceland, in recent events of global importance (from the destruction of the twin towers at the implementation of global climate change, through the eruption the volcano and the giant tsunami tidal wave of 26.12.2004) and the figures Game illuminated card leave little room for the idea of random coincidences.
    The information of the media, to now, show us how the oil company responsible for the disaster would have bribed government officials to be able to implement those perforations tremendously risky that no one should never endorse.
    Nevertheless diatribes about the responsibilities of the accident may actually hide the fact that it is not a real accident, but a carefully planned terrorist project by global elites like many other 11th September onwards.
    On the other how to interpret the fact that the chemical used to clean oil from water was highly toxic and now (it reveals the Washington Post) U.S. Agency for the Environment (EPA) ordered the withdrawal instant of this chemical judged as highly toxic. A change of decision stunned: until a few weeks had been the EPA itself to give its consent for the use of dispersant. Note in fact that the substance used in Britain 10 years ago, had not passed the toxicity tests.
    As it was then possible to take this further havoc in the carnage? Mistakes, confusions, distractions so huge in such a situation would be unthinkable (they have also tried with the official versions of Sept. 11 to make us believe that terrorists have not been blocked due to "unfortunate combination" of human error), so is to think of a more deliberate attempt to poison made from the same institutions (the Environment Agency) to their fellow citizens every day hiding evidence of chemtrails. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    In the Following link You Can See a video of the underwater images of disaster:

<!-- m -->http://www.cctv.com/espanol/20100513/103486.shtml<!-- m -->
    Interesting that you mention the coincidence of that Nic Cage film Luna Ceilo. I was watching a vid series on this site about the "elite" who run this world and the man making the series said that the elite always let a buzz word or hint at what they are about to do. Quite often a hollywood film. He was saying that before hurricane Katrina, there was a movie released called Oil Storm. Their objective is all about the price of a barrel of crude oil. Casualties and loss of life and human suffering don't enter into their elitist thinking. In the words of Michael Jackson...They don't really care about us.
    LunaCielo, these are not coincidences, in Hollywood they are not, they always warn <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->