Michael Jackson's Trust Lacks Trust in Kids

mjwrmjwr Posts: 60
edited January 1970 in News
Originally posted May 30th 2010 7:26 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson apparently learned a lesson in finances -- his kids should not fall victim to consumer temptations that caused Michael himself to teeter on the brink of bankruptcy -- this, according to the details of the strings he attached to his children's inheritance.

0530-jackson-kids-getty-credit.jpg

News of the World got a copy of the Michael Jackson trust. TMZ broke the story ... under the trust the kids would get 40% of Michael's estate, Kartherine Jackson would get the use of 40% during her lifetime (when she dies the remainder of her share goes to the kids) and the final 20% goes to charity.

Here's what interesting ... that we didn't know until now. Under the trust, Prince, Paris and Blanket have no control of the money until they are 30 years old ... until they turn 30 they just get income -- almost like an allowance -- determined solely by the trustee. When each of the kids turns 30, the trustees must then give them 1/3 of their share outright. When the kids reach 35, they get 1/2 of their share outright.

At age 40, the kids then get what remains of their share -- outright.

We've already published the will (<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/01/michael-j ... -mentioned<!-- m -->) -- different from the trust. The will refers to the trust but the trust document has not been public until now. (<!-- m -->http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz ... -each.html<!-- m -->)

As for how much the kids will get, that amount grows every month, as executors John Branca and John McClain wheel and deal in business ventures that include concerts, movies and song releases.

Source: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/30/michael-j ... tee-money/<!-- m -->

Peace

Comments

• hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Perhaps he just didn't trust the elements that would situate themselves in the lives of the children...the generational Tohme's and Matollas and the like minded of others who will certainly come after them just like they did their father. Age progression makes for more wisdom. They will be more aware of motives by 35 and 40. In hindsight, I think it's a very well thought out plan, once it is actually executed. However they will probably be around about that age anyway by then.
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    MJ HAS CONTROL OVER EVERYTHING OF COURSE THEY CAN GET MORE MONEY UNTIL THEY'RE 30, CUS DADDY IS STILL IN CHARGE AND ALSO THIS IS A GOOD THING IN THIS CASE BECAUSE IF THEY HAD ACCESS TO THE MONEY NOW WE'D HAVE A BUNCH OF PEEPS TRYING TO LIVE OFF THEM. MICHAEL IS SETTING THE AGE AT 30 BECAUSE HE THINKS LIKE IN 30 YRS HE'LL REALLY BE GONE, SO HE'S LIKE FOR NOW THE MONEY IS MINE AND I GIVE THE CHILDREN WHAT THEY NEED. THIS REALLY CONTRADICTS THAT MICHAEL IS SOMEONE THAT JUST SPLURGES MONEY LIKE NO TOMORROW IT'S A FALSE IMAGE HE KNOWS HOW TO HANDLE MONEY THE MAN IS A BUSINESSMAN. MICHAEL I JUST KNOW ALL THE STORIES AREN'T TRUE YOU GOT MONEY AND YOU ARE STILL IN CONTROL THAT'S WHY NO ONE IS TOUCHING IT.
  • Originally posted May 30th 2010 7:26 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

3 + 0 + 2 + 1 + 7 + 2 + 6 = 21 -> 777
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658

And they are early too
    777 <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> MICHAEL DID IT. GOOD MORNING MICHAEL FOR A PERSON THAT CAN'T SLEEP YOU ARE PRETTY EARLY SWEETIE <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> FOR A MOMENT SINCE I GOT VISION PROBLEMS I THOUGHT THE TITLE SAID MICHAEL JACKSON LACKS TRUST IN KIDS I WAS LIKE WHAT?!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    Lisa Marie had a very similar trust.. im sure she was 35 until she got her full inheritance.
  • imissMJ147imissMJ147 Posts: 123
    Michael Jackson apparently learned a lesson in finances --
    I know some tabloids talk like this but doesn't it sound a little weird.? Michael learned a lesson as in currently he learned a lesson about financing when it comes to leaving money for his kids.??? They always phrase their sentences as if MJ is alive....makes you wonder..?
  • mjwrmjwr Posts: 60
    They always phrase their sentences as if MJ is alive....makes you wonder..?
    That's why I made "learned" bold <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->.

Michael Jackson apparently learned a lesson in finances
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Why did they paint him so red in Photoshop?

Blood returning? Blushing? Angry? Alive?

TMZ creative as ever... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

• Harvey has had the Trust papers for months and months but never released them. Harvey has mentioned the "no contest clause" dozens of times, yet that clause is not in the will but in the trust.
  • ejayejay Posts: 455
    <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> this sentence "Branca and John McClain wheel and deal in business ventures that include concerts, movies and song releases." OKay..ummm WHOSE GONNA DO THE CONCERTS THEY SPEAK OF???? Oh thats right...MJ cuz he aint dead! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Michael Jackson apparently learned a lesson in finances --
    I know some tabloids talk like this but doesn't it sound a little weird.? Michael learned a lesson as in currently he learned a lesson about financing when it comes to leaving money for his kids.??? They always phrase their sentences as if MJ is alive....makes you wonder..?

It sounds like the tabloids are patronising him, to me..

i mean.. are they having a laugh, or what?? All that money is money that MJ earned himself! Michael is the one who pulled his family out of poverty with his talent and his business sense!
    It was Michael who brought the Sony catalogue.. he made himself rich. So to say he needed to learn a lesson in finance is just laughable.
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669

where is 5-May? shouldn't be added too to be complete if you consider from numerology point of view?
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    :? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> this sentence "Branca and John McClain wheel and deal in business ventures that include concerts, movies and song releases." OKay..ummm WHOSE GONNA DO THE CONCERTS THEY SPEAK OF???? Oh thats right...MJ cuz he aint dead! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    I NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE CONCERTS WILL BE AND WHEN???
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    :? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> this sentence "Branca and John McClain wheel and deal in business ventures that include concerts, movies and song releases." OKay..ummm WHOSE GONNA DO THE CONCERTS THEY SPEAK OF???? Oh thats right...MJ cuz he aint dead! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    I NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE CONCERTS WILL BE AND WHEN???
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Well, it wont be Jermaine and Tito at those concerts, thats for sure.. they have already proved they are as useful as a chocolate teapot at organising concerts... the amount of Tribute concerts that have been planned and pulled are laughable!
  • Originally posted May 30th 2010 7:26 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

where is 5-May? shouldn't be added too to be complete if you consider from numerology point of view?
    Well if you do add the 5, you'll get 26, and since the last letter of TMZ is the 26th letter of the alphabet... coming to an end... does that make you think that Michael is ready to come back and this hoax is coming to an end?? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> *I'm so smart*
  • deleted
  • mjaliveomgmjaliveomg Posts: 178

Funny how the kids are looking great at the memorial... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • 0530-jackson-kids-getty-credit.jpg

Funny how the kids are looking great at the memorial... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    Yeah, they looked bored; esp. Prince...looks like he just woke up!! <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    CONCERTS WHO GONNA DO THEM? JERMAINE, BROS, AND OMER. MICHAEL CAN YOU PLZ EXPLAIN THIS WHO GONNA DO THE CONCERTS? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> OOPS JUST LIKE PARIS SAID DADDY COULDN'T PERFORM LAST YEAR.........SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES BUT NOW HE'S READY NOT RIGHT RIGHT NOW BUT LATER LATER HERE COMES DA SUMMER WE'LL ALL REMEMBER FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> REALLY I MUST SEE HIM IN CONCERT NEVER MISS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SEE THE MAN!
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Yes, I will also like to know where these concerts, "movies" in the plural and music, will the old that the new Sony I have my doubts <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • i_need YoUi_need YoU Posts: 933
    Personally IF he really is gone I think this was VERY wise of MJ. He knew what he waz doing and I think this was just really smart of him. He spreaded it out to where they will have money there whole lives. I mean think if you were 18 and just got this huge sum of money you wuld spend it ALL so quickly becuz you are not mature and experienced to know how to manage that kind of money. Michael made it to where they get large amounts over time which i think is very genious.
    I mean 30 and then 40 is a very good plan becuase byt he time they are allowed to have the full amount the pot will be built to billions. Michael is very smart very very smart for what he did and TMZ just made it look like he didnt trust his children. TMZ is a stupid place who always try to make someone look bad. Yes what they say is truth sometimes but they always turn it around to where it looks bad.

PS Does this mean its the end now becuz wouldnt be illegal to get financial gain from your death if you faked it. Michael wouldnt break the law. I think this is the end.

Also, here is another article thats more nicely put. Although they make the family who didnt recienve anything sound like they are sooo mad becuz they get any money and make them look money hungry and they are doubting the will but anyways, this article is much nicely written compared to GAY TMZ!!!
    This one is from SHOWBIZ so you can atleast have more truth to it then lame tmz...they are gay ugh i cant even think of TMZ right now eww. They are all about getting the most website views and MJ is the way to do it.
    Here is a better article...please please read it.
    http://showbiz.peacefmonline.com/news/201005/44325.php
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    This thread made me think of Jermaine, Where are you Jermaine, We haven't heard from you recently. Surely you must have some lines coming up in the script soon?
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136

PS Does this mean its the end now becuz wouldnt be illegal to get financial gain from your death if you faked it. Michael wouldnt break the law. I think this is the end.

[/url]

the article clearly say that katherine not have the money yet and she is not asking for this money, the kids are not old enough, nothing for the brothers... i don´t see financial gain here... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    If it truly is his final will (which it still could be superceded by another if he's alive), then I think it's interesting that he gave his mother 40%. She is 80 and less years left than his siblings; and what will she do with her share in her will? Of course she loves all her children as all mothers do. You think the brothers don't know that? Michael has it all figured out. And if she wants to be nice to Joe she can do that too. I'm hoping the kids will develop their own unique talents and career interests, and waiting till they're 30 helps them to be more productive not lazy rich kids.