a tiny little find in the Joe vs Joseph saga

i'm not sure when the "Michael Jackson's Private Home Videos" documentary came out (i'd guess around 2003), but i noticed something that got me thinking that Michael was trying to convince us that his father's name was JOE. there's a part where they show us the footage of the "Joe Jackson Day" as Michael calls it. if there's anyone who hasn't watched it, Joe Jackson Day is a day the family celebrate for Joe Jackson as they don't celebrate birthdays. so in the beginning they show a big banner that says "Joseph Jackson Day - at Neverland Valley". it's a close shot. but Michael kept on saying it was the JOE Jackson day which my ears caught. my dad (he's NOT believer, he hates it that i am one) was in the room when i was watching and even he said "why is he saying Joe Jackcon again and again when the banner says it's Joseph???"

just something i thought i could share.

Comments

• Interesting thought.
    Although I believe it´s Michael Joe, his father could still be named Joseph, and they call him Joe (like usual abbreviations). Don´t know if this meant sth, but could be.
  • This is good information. From what I can remember, Joseph would not allow his children to address him as "dad" only "Joe". Perhaps, Michael was accentuating that in his video because most fathers don't mind being called "dad". However, you may be on to something bigger.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    My name is Joanne, yet I get called Joe. But my legal name is on my birth certificate as Giovanna. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • VeryLittleSusieVeryLittleSusie Posts: 1,483
    As far as I remember the kids always had to call him Joseph... At least that's what I found in LaToya's book and in Moonwalk.. Never heard of Joe... God, this is confusing.... <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • As far as I remember the kids always had to call him Joseph... At least that's what I found in LaToya's book and in Moonwalk.. Never heard of Joe... God, this is confusing.... <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

i agree it was always joseph and mother