Hello from England

curlscurls Posts: 3,111
edited January 1970 in Introduce yourself
Hi everyone, I've been along a path of discovery about MJ over the past few months which lead me here several weeks ago.

Before June 2009 I simply liked his songs and thought the media had given him a rough ride. Like many of my age, his music has been the soundtrack of my life. Even in the months after he 'died', I accepted his death, but the uneasy thoughts that something wasn't right with events were pushed back in my mind as things in my own life took over.

Then in February I started being drawn back to him, I bought all his CDs that I didn't already have, and discovered the joys of 'Invincible', (shamefully remembering I hadn't bought it at the time because the media said it wasn't up to standard). I read his lyrics, watched his live performances, videos and short films (just love Ghosts!). I listened to interviews and his speeches and read his poetry and writings and about his charity/humanitarian work. I've never spent so many hours on the computer!

The upshot of all this was that I went from admiring an awesomely talented entertainer to appreciating him as a loving, deep, wise, humble and funny man with an important message.

I've been through an emotional wringer! So sad and so many tears when I thought he was dead. Confusion, but hope when I stumbled across death hoax stuff on Youtube. I've felt like I am going mad, am I crazy to even entertain the thought that he may be alive?

Having looked around this site for several weeks, I finally sat down and read all the parts of TIAI Revealed and Updates. What a marathon that was! But what an eye-opener. I need more time to assimilate everything and prove to myself that I'm not accepting all this because it's just what I desperately want to believe.

I'm sorry, that was probably much more than an 'introduction' and I'm sure you've heard the same story many times before - but hey, that's me!

Comments

• billiejean17billiejean17 Posts: 266
    Hello Curls from England! welcome i live in Somerset...
    i feel the same as you, i will never be the same again! <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Hello Curls, well that is definitely a case of Michaelitis you described there. We have had the same symptoms as well, You are most welcome here and I'm glad you joined with the rest of us. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    Hello Curls welcome to the forum.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Thank you for your welcomes!
  • Hi Curls - you could have written that for me and many others as we've experienced the same "Michaelitis" (as RK says) <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->.

One of the many questions I often ask myself is this - "I didn't follow Michael's every move before he died so why would I feel this way about his death"?

I don't know that I've found the full answers to my questions yet but I do know that I wouldn't have searched for answers to his death if there wasn't something suspicious about it to begin with. So, we can hope beyond hope that he's alive but it's not by blind emotion that brought us on this path. The truth will prevail in the end. In the meantime keep the faith, fight for justice, and be the voice for those that have none. Blessings to you.
  • Warm welcome from London Curls. I am sure you will find answers to many of your questions on here, the TS updates provides a good basis for understanding the Hoax structure and Michael's message... Recommended.
    One of the many questions I often ask myself is this - "I didn't follow Michael's every move before he died so why would I feel this way about his death"?

Voiceforthesilent, yes, I have asked myself this too. All I can say is while I've been sad at other favourite famous people's deaths, I've always been able to move on relatively quickly. With MJ, I can't let go! I'm being drawn forwards along the path I talked about in my first post. It seems like it's out of my hands - this is what I have to do. I'm not religious, but this certainly feels spiritual.
    TheRunningGirl, thanks for the welcome. I've read all TS's articles - and they convinced me! Lots more to look into, but TS's stuff has taken away the confusion and given me a clearer head.