TIAI June 28

MJalive999MJalive999 Posts: 316
edited January 1970 in TIAI
<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=72&t=11261&start=25#p194974<!-- l -->

I could not be online that day btw... sorry! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Comments

• mjssoulmatemjssoulmate Posts: 820
    Had a feeling something would be posted today.
  • Well I was online part of that day and I am for the truth. I admit I've twitted only about twice then had to sign out. In my timeline I can remember, Mo, Souza, Lilwendy and Emtyga were very busy with it.

I must say one shocking truth: people only wants to know about world cup <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> this month, sadly... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Some interesting links:

<!-- m -->http://wthashtag.com/Elvisandmjdotcom<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://buzztter.com/en/k/%23ElvisandMJd ... 1277494441<!-- m -->
  • OK so I clicked on the link and watched the you tube video about Twitterthons and how they work. One word that caught my mind was "HASH"... Could this be related with Uncle Harvey's Hash Text???? In other words, keep connecting TMZ dots!
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
    TS thinks we shouldn't give up. Let's try it again!!

Mo & Souza, is there a way to make sure all members get the notice? PM?

and, new date/time, anyone??

lastly, Billie Jean is trending on twitter now!! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->)
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    OKAY FINE TS.

after years of being against twitter -i don't particularly like it-i joined. for you and michael. so i hope you guys are happy.

i have absolutely no idea how to work this majestic networking site. i just typed in the little box "#elvisandmjdotcom" and pressed "tweet." i hope that helps. but i dont have any followers and i dont know how to follow people <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

but i did it.

how often are we supposed to tweet this to make it a "trending topic?" does it matter that nobody is following me?
  • melodymelody Posts: 196
    lol mjfansince4, that's the attitude! For Michael! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

We should hold off tweeting the hashtag until the set date and time (up to the minute).

Here's the info I posted before that:
    To put things in perspective:

#ripmj is trending in the US, but not worldwide, and at the moment has 2,834 people who've tweeted the hashtag.
    <!-- m -->http://wthashtag.com/Ripmj<!-- m -->

#wemissmj has over 1,000 individuals who've tweeted the hashtag and it's not trending at all.
    <!-- m -->http://wthashtag.com/Wemissmj<!-- m -->

#elvisandmjdotcom has a little over 100 people participating.. >_>;
    <!-- m -->http://wthashtag.com/Elvisandmjdotcom<!-- m -->

Trending Topics only happen when there's a large volume of people (thousands) tweeting at the same time. A hundred (100) people isn't going to cut it, not even close. Realistically-speaking, you can't organize these twitterthons within 5 days. The Justice4MJ facebook groups, which have thousands of members, plan these things a month in advance and they're not always successful (from what I've seen, their failure is due to their timing; they change it around). I guess what I'm trying to say is, this needs to be better organized and we need to recruit a lot more people.

edit: Here's a video the mj4justice group made regarding TT's [youtube:1myn7wlo]

Update #1: #ripmj jumped to over 4000 people tweeting and is still only trending in the US as opposed to Worldwide. =

Update #2: #ripmj is a worldwide trend (6th place TT; 3rd place hashtag) right now at around 6,000 contributors. That means we need somewhere between 4,000-6,000 people to get a TT.

Update#3: Nvm, looking at the hashtag currently in first place, it has 2,800 contributors but they're tweeting at a higher frequency. So like I first mentioned, we need thousands of people tweeting at the same time and apparently our tweets shouldn't have more than a couple of seconds separating them (not on an individual basis, but the group as a whole).

Yet, the 2nd place TT hashtag has around 5700 contributors (having lots of people doesn't hurt either).

Question: Does this forum have a facebook group? I think it's essential for efficiently executing events like these. On FB event pages, members can signify whether: (1) they will participate (2) they might participate or (3) they're not participating at all. That number updates immediately and you can change your status at any moment (just in case you thought you could participate, but turns out you cannot - or visa versa). That way, we can gauge whether or not we have enough people.

So, to recap:

The likelihood of us getting a WORLD WIDE trending topic (TT):

- at 6,000 people = GUARANTEED if everyone just tweets once at (or around) the same minute.
    - at 2,800-ish we need to tweet our beaks off.

• First, we need to set a date and time, and from that we can start "promoting".

I think the main reason we didn't succeed to get #elvisandmjdotcom trending is that we were bombarded with articles, live streams and TV shows on the 25th, and people simply forgot we had a date with Twitter. No problem, sh@t happens, so I we need to pick a new date and make it work this time.

As soon as we have picked a date and time Souza and I can send every member a PM. We will also put a message on the index of this website. Those who have Twitter, Facebook and/or MySpace can promote the event on their social network page as well.

Keep in mind that we made #MJalive trending on March 25th, so we can make #elvisandmjdotcom trending as well!
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378

First, we need to set a date and time, and from that we can start "promoting".

I think the main reason we didn't succeed to get #elvisandmjdotcom trending is that we were bombarded with articles, live streams and TV shows on the 25th, and people simply forgot we had a date with Twitter. No problem, sh@t happens, so I we need to pick a new date and make it work this time.

As soon as we have picked a date and time Souza and I can send every member a PM. We will also put a message on the index of this website. Those who have Twitter, Facebook and/or MySpace can promote the event on their social network page as well.

Keep in mind that we made #MJalive trending on March 25th, so we can make #elvisandmjdotcom trending as well!

yes! i believe we can do it as well if we stand tgt as one! How about Saturday, July 3rd? it's easier for more believers to be available to tweet during the weekend, right? but is this saturday too short notice?

i'm not too sure about the timing... there're world cup matches going on and those topics tend to trend. maybe we should do it a couple of hours before or after a match...

what do u guys think?
  • MO_1219MO_1219 Posts: 87
    or we should tweet and post on Facebook every day #elvisandmjdotcom?

if choose a date...july 4 is a good day?
  • Call me stupid but I have never tweeted in my life so how do you go about doing it??Help from anyone???
  • ClaireClaire Posts: 39
    Call me stupid but I have never tweeted in my life so how do you go about doing it??Help from anyone???

Same here <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    The 25th was exhausting, in fact TMZ Headlines many people have not read, would have to choose a date that is not so significant, that could happen just as the dia25 <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • MO_1219MO_1219 Posts: 87
    <!-- m -->https://twitter.com/<!-- m -->
    just go to twitter.com and Registration, login and start to tweet~ <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I know very little about tweeting. Can we tweet from a home computer????? I have no cell phone!
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    michaelsupporter if you can do on the computer <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • sailyasailya Posts: 82
    OK,let's do it again! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Keep the faith.

I LOVE YOU ALL & GOD BLESS:)
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    OK so I clicked on the link and watched the you tube video about Twitterthons and how they work. One word that caught my mind was "HASH"... Could this be related with Uncle Harvey's Hash Text???? In other words, keep connecting TMZ dots!

Longlivetheking, I too watched the video and although it's like a foreign language to me, the word 'HASH' kept jumping out at me too! When Harvey got that text, I'm sure he said something along the lines of 'It's hash not pot, thought it was the same thing', like he was highlighting the word 'hash' as important, not the drug thing.
    But Twitter's still a foreigh language!
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Call me stupid but I have never tweeted in my life so how do you go about doing it??Help from anyone???

And here!
  • OK so I clicked on the link and watched the you tube video about Twitterthons and how they work. One word that caught my mind was "HASH"... Could this be related with Uncle Harvey's Hash Text???? In other words, keep connecting TMZ dots!

Longlivetheking, I too watched the video and although it's like a foreign language to me, the word 'HASH' kept jumping out at me too! When Harvey got that text, I'm sure he said something along the lines of 'It's hash not pot, thought it was the same thing', like he was highlighting the word 'hash' as important, not the drug thing.
    But Twitter's still a foreigh language!

exactly - I asked myself what the difference was between marijuana and hash??? I'll have to google it... anyway, not only that then Harvey says something about the source of the text - he says "And, you know who you are..." Only a very few sources would know what was in the bag - be it marijuana or hash???? Let's see - our choices are 1. MJ or 2. Dr. Conrad Murray! So who texted Harvey???
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

The dates when there is no soccer match are June 30, July 1, 4, 5, 8 & 9, On those dates we won't have soccer TT's in the way. July 4 on the other hand is independence day, so big chance we will have Independence day TT's in the way. That is why I don't think July 4 will be a good day. On July 1 at 12 pm we cut the year in half. I suggest we set the date to July 1 at 12 pm PT.

In case we don't succeed, we can try again on the 4th or the 5th.

I also think we should put #elvisandmjdotcom in some tweets from now on, and notify others about the rally. Put it on your profile page, make comments on TMZ.com and post it on other forums as well.

Let's do it!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• rasyterasyte Posts: 484
    I will post on FB and anywhere I can <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    For those a little clueless and new to twitter, here's a "how-to" video:

[youtube:2mhrz6jb]

The homepage in the video looks a bit different because the video was made a year ago, but the information is still relevant.

And here!

It's in the video, but I'll answer you guys directly: after you're signed in, you'll be redirected back to the homepage (if a little box pops up prompting you to type in your login info, hit cancel and it'll go away). Next, type in what you want to say under the "What's Happening?" text area and click "tweet". Easy peasy. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

@mjfansince4: No one has to follow you in order to make a topic trend.
    You don't have to follow anyone if you don't want to.

In case anyone wants to follow some of the jacksons, here are their twitter accounts:
    <!-- m -->http://www.twitter.com/jackiejackson5<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.twitter.com/titojackson5<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.twitter.com/ALLJACK5ONS<!-- m --> (Jermaine apparently)
    <!-- m -->http://www.twitter.com/randyjackson8<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.twitter.com/janetjackson<!-- m -->

There's more on <!-- m -->http://www.jackson-source.com/<!-- m -->

If you're signed in and visit their profile, you should see a follow button:
    follow2.png

The dates when there is no soccer match are June 30, July 1, 4, 5, 8 & 9, On those dates we won't have soccer TT's in the way. July 4 on the other hand is independence day, so big chance we will have Independence day TT's in the way. That is why I don't think July 4 will be a good day. On July 1 at 12 pm we cut the year in half. I suggest we set the date to July 1 at 12 pm PT.

I also think we should put #elvisandmjdotcom in some tweets from now on, and notify others about the rally. Put it on your profile page, make comments on TMZ.com and post it on other forums as well.

Let's do it!

July 1st gives us only 3 days to organize = I don't think we should rush it and I strongly advise against using the hashtag before the set date and time otherwise it won't "spike" like it needs to. I say we set the date for July 9th at the earliest. Remember, everytime we fail we need to use a new hashtag.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

Let's do it!

July 1st gives us only 3 days to organize = I don't think we should rush it and I strongly advise against using the hashtag before the set date and time otherwise it won't "spike" like it needs to. I say we set the date for July 9th at the earliest. Remember, everytime we fail we need to use a new hashtag.

I agree July 1 might be too early, I didn't realize that's in 2 days already. Yet I also don't think we should wait too long, because people might forget. June 25 wasn't very busy with tweeting either.

I say we pick July 5 in that case, a week from now. That should be doable.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    I vote for July 7 <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->