Joe Jackson: I'm Making Too Much for an Allowance

edited January 1970 in News
Joe Jackson: I'm Making Too Much for an Allowance
Originally posted 12 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Joe Jackson is exploiting his son's death in every way he can, raking in the dough, so it makes sense he's just withdrawn his request for an allowance from the estate.

0628-joe-jackson-ex-getty-1-credit.jpg

No way was the judge going to give Joe an allowance, but now we know what he wanted and what the estate was willing to give.

Sources say Joe wanted $20,000 a month from the estate. The estate offered $15,000. Now here's the best part ... we're told Katherine said, "Don't give that old goat more than 10,000."

In the end, Joe will probably do better on the side.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/28/joe-jacks ... ine-money/<!-- m -->

Comments

• VictorVictor Posts: 582
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> haha Joe !
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    we're told Katherine said, "Don't give that old goat more than 10,000." <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Goats are mentioned many times in the Bible. A goat is considered a "clean" animal by Jewish dietary laws and was slaughtered for an honored guest. It was also acceptable for some kinds of sacrifices. Goat-hair curtains were used in the tent that contained the tabernacle (Exodus 25:4). On Yom Kippur, the festival of the Day of Atonement, two goats were chosen and lots were drawn for them. One was sacrificed and the other allowed to escape into the wilderness, symbolically carrying with it the sins of the community. From this comes the word "scapegoat". A leader or king was sometimes compared to a male goat leading the flock. In the New Testament, Jesus told a parable of The Sheep and the Goats. (Gospel of Matthew 25)

Christianity has associated Satan with imagery of goats (see Pan (mythology)). A common superstition in the Middle Ages was that goats whispered lewd sentences in the ears of the saints. The origin of this belief was probably the behavior of the buck in rut, the very epitome of lust. The common medieval depiction of the Devil was that of a goat-like face with horns and small beard (a goatee). The Black Mass, a probably-mythological "Satanic mass," was said to involve a black goat[who?], the form in which Satan supposedly manifested himself for worship.
    The goat has had a lingering connection with Satanism and pagan religions, even into modern times. The inverted pentagram, a symbol used in Satanism, is said to be shaped like a goat's head. The "Baphomet of Mendes" refers to a satanic goat-like figure from 19th century occultism.

I think that Joe is the scapegoat in the money trail story.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    True, Joe is in the money stories <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    wow, I cannot think anything else but how convenient this is. I mean the other article about Mrs. Katherine not needing to get anything from MJ Estate because she'll be able to get $$$ from the book, then Joe withdraws his claim. No hurry to get an allowance wot? This is positive welcome back Mike I don't know when but <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Doctor DeathDoctor Death Posts: 484
    Gonig by the way the latest TMZ stories are going, like they are just blatantly painting Joe as the black sheep of the family.....even worse than Jermaine or any of the other brothers....TMZ stories about Joe are becoming increasingly hostile by the day.

I am beginning to think that Joe might as well be one of the many on Michael's hit-list, whom he plans to bring down with the help of this hoax. <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Gonig by the way the latest TMZ stories are going, like they are just blatantly painting Joe as the black sheep of the family.....even worse than Jermaine or any of the other brothers....TMZ stories about Joe are becoming increasingly hostile by the day.

I am beginning to think that Joe might as well be one of the many on Michael's hit-list, whom he plans to bring down with the help of this hoax. <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

Wouldn't it be something if MJ was still alive which I still think he is and he been plotting to teach certain people a lesson. In one of his songs I heard he says something like Neverland come back to haunt you. I can't remember the song but I was tripping when I heard that lyric. I heard that MJ really did have a hit list on people that he didn't like. Anyway I hope the picture that's being painted of Joe being obsessed with money isn't true because he is too old to be so worried about money. He should be more concerned about speding time with his family because he is an old man and you can't take that money to the grave. Money isn't everything as far as I'm concerned.
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    tying up loose ends
  • KacyLovesMJKacyLovesMJ Posts: 197

Wouldn't it be something if MJ was still alive which I still think he is and he been plotting to teach certain people a lesson. In one of his songs I heard he says something like Neverland come back to haunt you. I can't remember the song but I was tripping when I heard that lyric. I heard that MJ really did have a hit list on people that he didn't like. Anyway I hope the picture that's being painted of Joe being obsessed with money isn't true because he is too old to be so worried about money. He should be more concerned about speding time with his family because he is an old man and you can't take that money to the grave. Money isn't everything as far as I'm concerned.

You are thinking of "Threatened" which is one of my favorite songs by MJ. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> Here's the lyrics:

[ROD SERLING INTRO]
    Tonight’s story is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction
    A monster had arrived in the village
    The major ingredient of any recipe for fear is the unknown
    And this person or thing is soon to be met
    He knows every thought, he can feel every emotion
    Oh yes, I did forget something didn’t I? I forgot to introduce you to the monster.

You’re fearing me, ‘cause you know I’m a beast
    Watching you when you sleep, when you’re in bed
    I’m underneath
    You’re trapped in halls, and my face is the walls
    I’m the floor when you fall, and when you scream it’s ‘cause of me
    I’m the living dead, the dark thoughts in your head
    I heard just what you said
    That’s why you’ve got to be threatened by me

[CHORUS]
    You should be watching me, you should feel threatened
    Why you sleep, why you creep, you should be threatened
    Every time your lady speaks she speaks to me, threatened
    Half of me you’ll never be, so you should feel threatened by me

You think you’re by yourself, but it’s my touch you felt
    I’m not a ghost from Hell, but I’ve got a spell on you
    Your worst nightmare, it's me, I'm everywhere
    In one blink I’ll disappear, and then I’ll come back to haunt you
    I’m telling you, when you lie under a tomb
    I’m the one watching you
    That’s why you got to be threatened by me

[CHORUS]

[ROD SERLING VERSE]
    The unknown monster is about to embark
    From a far corner, out of the dark
    A nightmare, that’s the case
    Never Neverland, that’s the place
    This particular monster can read minds
    Be in two places at the same time
    This is judgement night, execution, slaughter
    The devil, ghosts, this monster is torture
    You can be sure of one thing, that’s fate
    A human presence that you feel is strange
    A monster that you can see disappear
    A monster, the worst thing to fear.

[CHORUS x 3]

[ROD SERLING OUTRO]
    What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare.
    It isn’t. It’s the beginning.
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I think that Joe is also playing a role in all this ad one example can be this press conference he had just after Michael "died" and this being reported again on TMZ recently as to say it was planned in the hoax scenario. Plus I don't think that Michael would use the hoax to solve problems he may have with his father, he would rather do it privately but it's just my thought.