Diet soda will solve ALL your problems *sarcasm*

edited January 1970 in General Discussion

The following article is published in a Dutch newspaper:

Diet soda harmful during pregnancy

LONDON - Future mothers who daily drink soft drinks with artificial sweeteners are more at risk of premature birth.

Research
EU study on 60,000 women shows a link between the quantity of consumed diet soft drinks and a premature birth. Future mothers who daily drink diet drinks, have 38 percent more chance to give birth before 37 weeks of pregnancy. Among those drinking more than four cans a day increases the risk by 78 percent.

Methanol
Scientists believe that methanol, a substance used in some of these artificial sweeteners plays a role in causing premature birth. This substance is a known toxin, which can convert to formisch acid in the body. It can also lead to the formation of formaldehyde, a chemical used to preserve dead bodies. Also, the artificial sweetener aspartame increases the risk of premature birth.

Light
Many future mothers switch to artificial sweeteners during pregnancy because they assume that it would be healthier. British health experts recommend that future mothers should avoid these chemicals in food.

<!-- m -->http://www.telegraaf.nl/vrouw/actueel/7 ... html?p=3,2<!-- m -->

Well, diet drinks or any products which contain methanol and aspartame are not only dangerous for pregnant woman, but for every human being. Here are some quotes from the methanol Wiki page:
Methanol, also known as methyl alcohol, wood alcohol, wood naphtha or wood spirits, is a chemical with formula CH3OH (often abbreviated MeOH). It is the simplest alcohol, and is a light, volatile, colorless, flammable, liquid with a distinctive odor that is very similar to but slightly sweeter than ethanol (drinking alcohol).[2] At room temperature it is a polar liquid and is used as an antifreeze, solvent, fuel, and as a denaturant for ethanol. It is also used for producing biodiesel via transesterification reaction.
Because of its toxic properties, methanol is frequently used as a denaturant additive for ethanol manufactured for industrial uses — this addition of methanol exempts industrial ethanol from liquor excise taxation.
Methanol has a high toxicity in humans. If ingested, as little as 10 mL can cause permanent blindness by destruction of the optic nerve and 30 mL is potentially fatal,[7] although a fatal dose is typically 100–125 mL (4 fl oz). Toxic effects take hours to start and effective antidotes can often prevent permanent damage.
Methanol is toxic by two mechanisms. Firstly, methanol (whether it enters the body by ingestion, inhalation, or absorption through the skin) can be fatal due to its CNS depressant properties in the same manner as ethanol poisoning. Secondly, in a process of toxication, it is metabolised to formic acid (which is present as the formate ion) via formaldehyde in a process initiated by the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase in the liver.
The initial symptoms of methanol intoxication include central nervous system depression, headache, dizziness, nausea, lack of coordination, confusion, and with sufficiently large doses, unconsciousness and death.

Here are some links to website about the dangers of aspartame:
<!-- m -->http://www.health-report.co.uk/aspartame_home.html<!-- m -->
<!-- m -->http://www.sweetpoison.com/<!-- m -->
<!-- m -->http://www.ethicalinvesting.com/monsant ... tame.shtml<!-- m -->

So...if you consider your weight to be too much and you want to loose some, I suggest you start using diet drinks and light products right now, as these will for sure solve ALL of your problems! Bon appetit and cheers! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Comments

• MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Sorbitol is the worst. It can cause cancer.

• So...if you consider your weight to be too much and you want to loose some, I suggest you start using diet drinks and light products right now, as these will for sure solve ALL of your problems! Bon appetit and cheers! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Yes... for once and for all! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658
    Always check the ingredients on your products, even not-diet products contains artificial sweetners.
  • ROFLROFL Posts: 530
    I didn't know about those ... methanol ? is it only used in shampoos? Or am I totally wrong ? never seen methanol in food <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: -->

<!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->

Thanks Mo!
  • And who developed aspartame and by passed FDA regulations as well as altered the test results done on it?

G. D. Searle & Company
    Robert B. Shapiro acted as general counsel for the firm from 1979 onwards, where he went on develop Searle's aspartame product under the brand name NutraSweet. He became CEO of its NutraSweet subsidiary in 1982.

Who was the former CEO when the were getting this approval for Aspartame and also oversaw the sale of Searle to MONSANTO the GMO king of food and seeds?

Donald Rumsfeld served as CEO, and then as President, of Searle between 1977 and 1985. During his tenure at Searle, Rumsfeld downsized the number of employees in the company by 60%. The resulting spike in the company's bottom-line financials earned him awards as the Outstanding Chief Executive Officer in the Pharmaceutical Industry from the Wall Street Transcript (1980) and Financial World (1981). In 1985, he played an instrumental role in the acquisition of G.D. Searle & Company by Monsanto.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._D._Searle_%26_Company

And who is Donald Rumsfeld?

Donald Henry Rumsfeld (born July 9, 1932) is an American businessman, retired Navy Fighter Pilot, diplomat, and politician who served as the 13th Secretary of Defense under President Gerald Ford from 1975 to 1977 and as the 21st Secretary of Defense under President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2006. He is both the youngest (43 years old) and the oldest (74 years old) person to have served as Secretary of Defense as well as the only person to have served in the position for two non-consecutive terms. Overall, he was the second longest serving defense secretary behind Robert McNamara. Rumsfeld was White House Chief of Staff during part of the Ford Administration and also served in various positions in the Nixon Administration. He served four terms in the United States House of Representatives, and served as the United States Permanent Representative to NATO. He was an aviator in the United States Navy between 1954 and 1957 before transferring to the Naval Reserve. In public life, he has served as an official in numerous federal commissions and councils.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld SLIPS UP and says Flight 93 was "shot down."

[youtube:1sem2k76]

Aspartame - Sweet Misery - Part 1 of 10

[youtube:1sem2k76]
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    Ahh, one area I finally know something about: food! I'm proud to say I haven't taken a sip of soda in like over a dozen years- and I didn't even know about these little facts here until about last year! ALL soda is completely and totally pointless and should not exist in any shape, way or form..
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658
    <!-- m -->http://www.inquisitr.com/24563/hooked-o ... g-cocaine/<!-- m -->

redbull yum yum.. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Funny.I only tok red bull once. And I ended up puking for 2 days.

My colleages then used to drink it mixed with Vodk or Whiskey.