The 'American Idol' Hint

AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
edited January 1970 in News
Hey guys, this article was posted today:

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/30/nigel-lyt ... -producer/<!-- m -->

Nigel Lythgoe -- The 'American Idol' Hint
7/30/2010 12:00 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Maybe the biggest move "American Idol" made this week is bringing back Nigel Lythgoe as executive producer -- which now explains why Nigel made this slip of the tongue on live TV.

Wednesday night on "So You Think You Can Dance" Nigel seemed to forget which set he was working on at that moment.

Easy mistake to make when you're about to shake up the biggest show on TV.

More American Idol
Kara DioGuardi -- Out at 'American Idol'
Steven Tyler -- The 'Idol' Questions Begin ...
'Idol' Reject -- Someone Wants Me to Die of AIDS

I don't know if anyone else saw this but this article was originally titled: Nigel Lythgoe - The King Returns to American Idol...or something like that but the first words after his name were The King Returns. RIght away I though MJ but I was checking the internet literally for a minute between ending one job and going to my other job so I didn't have time to really read it. Later tonight when I was home again I see the title was changed to The 'American Idol' Hint. Does anyone else remember seeing this?? The King Returns, then The 'American Idol' Hint. I think this is significant and it ties in with TS's connecting the dots with TMZ. Sorry guys, I really wish I had a screen shot.

Comments

• Hey guys, this article was posted today:

Maybe the biggest move "American Idol" made this week is bringing back Nigel Lythgoe as executive producer -- which now explains why Nigel made this slip of the tongue on live TV.

Wednesday night on "So You Think You Can Dance" Nigel seemed to forget which set he was working on at that moment.

More American Idol

I don't know if anyone else saw this but this article was originally titled: Nigel Lythgoe - The King Returns to American Idol...or something like that but the first words after his name were The King Returns. RIght away I though MJ but I was checking the internet literally for a minute between ending one job and going to my other job so I didn't have time to really read it. Later tonight when I was home again I see the title was changed to The 'American Idol' Hint. Does anyone else remember seeing this?? The King Returns, then The 'American Idol' Hint. I think this is significant and it ties in with TS's connecting the dots with TMZ. Sorry guys, I really wish I had a screen shot.

So, what was Nigel's slip of the tongue? I read an article last night and in that article it wasn't sure if Kara would still be there but she wants to be. Also, Ellen is leaving and I think I read that Diddy wanted Simon's job (I could have misread that). Anyway, a lot of shake up. I think the only constant right now is Randy is pretty secure. Wasn't there an article last year about Michael meeting with the execs of American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance? Maybe this is all part of the plan to usher in Michael's new show...?
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    YES!! I was just going to start a thread on this!! I have always thought there was some kind of American Idol connection. Don't know what....but I REALLY think there is something there. Especially since they have not replaced Simon after several months.....and now all of a sudden both Ellen and Kara leave on the same day??? (Ellen left...Kara was fired.) Something strange is definitely going on......Was there ever a riff between MJ's people and Kara's people? Just a thought....
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Two judges leave the same day...and the one left is Randy Jackson! Haha!

Nigel's slip up was saying American Idol to the contestants on SYTYCD...and the lady on the stage with the contestants called him out for it.

And the whole finale for last season - Janet performing, that crazy Coke commercial with the sunflowers and MJ jacket...something's definitely up!!
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    Hey guys, this article was posted today:

More American Idol

So, what was Nigel's slip of the tongue? I read an article last night and in that article it wasn't sure if Kara would still be there but she wants to be. Also, Ellen is leaving and I think I read that Diddy wanted Simon's job (I could have misread that). Anyway, a lot of shake up. I think the only constant right now is Randy is pretty secure. Wasn't there an article last year about Michael meeting with the execs of American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance? Maybe this is all part of the plan to usher in Michael's new show...?

The slip of the tongue was that while he was on So You Think You Can Dance....he said something like "It has never been done on American Idol before"....It shows it on the video but not in the article. I remember reading an article that MJ had met with Simon Cowell and Simon Fuller to see if they could help him with his comeback a couple of years ago. Pretty strange...
  • pepperpepper Posts: 558

Here you go - cached version:

<!-- m -->http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =firefox-a<!-- m -->

Nigel Lythgoe -- The King Returns to 'American Idol'

3 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Nigel Lythgoe will return to "American Idol" next season as the executive producer ... marking one of the biggest TV "I told you so!" moments in decades.

0730-nigel-ai-ex-getty-credit.jpg

Lythgoe left "American Idol" in 2008 as execs were squabbling over how to guide the show. Since his departure, the show has kinda sucked. The fact that execs ate a big fat crow and asked him back is pretty amazing.

Nigel gave an unwitting hint of his return on this week's "So You Think You Can Dance?" when he slipped and told a contestant he was one of the best ever on "American Idol."

As TMZ first reported, Nigel will be lording over three judges not four -- Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler. We're told Tyler's deal is not closed, but it's real close.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787

Here you go - cached version:

<!-- m -->http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =firefox-a<!-- m -->

Nigel Lythgoe -- The King Returns to 'American Idol'

3 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Nigel Lythgoe will return to "American Idol" next season as the executive producer ... marking one of the biggest TV "I told you so!" moments in decades.

0730-nigel-ai-ex-getty-credit.jpg

Lythgoe left "American Idol" in 2008 as execs were squabbling over how to guide the show. Since his departure, the show has kinda sucked. The fact that execs ate a big fat crow and asked him back is pretty amazing.

Nigel gave an unwitting hint of his return on this week's "So You Think You Can Dance?" when he slipped and told a contestant he was one of the best ever on "American Idol."

As TMZ first reported, Nigel will be lording over three judges not four -- Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler. We're told Tyler's deal is not closed, but it's real close.

Thanks pepper! So they changed the original title and actual wording of the article...why? Here's the part of the original article that stuck out to me: 'an unwitting hint of his return'...'it's real close.' <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
    Good eye there, Andrea! they do sound like hints..
    marking one of the biggest TV "I told you so!" moments in decades.

won't we all love to say that. lol <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Good eye there, Andrea! they do sound like hints..
    marking one of the biggest TV "I told you so!" moments in decades.

won't we all love to say that. lol <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Oh yes we will!!!
  • DelphiDelphi Posts: 213
    Oh, yeah, I was watching SYTYCD that night, I heard it too. Afterwards, he said something along the lines of "Well that's a freudian slip".
    And yeah, I'm fairly certain that American Idol and SYTYCD are run by very similar people, if not THE same company, as is America's Got Talent. I wouldn't at all be surprised.

Also, as a side note, today is National Dance Day.