Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis & MJ

Heartbreak Hotel
"Heartbreak Hotel" is a rock and roll song recorded and performed by Elvis Presley. Recorded in January 1956 in Nashville, the song was Presley's first single for RCA Records and introduced him to the American national music consciousness. It was released with the B-side "I Was the One" on January 27, 1956, becoming the first #1 pop record by Presley and the best selling single of 1956.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbreak_Hotel

[youtube:jum1ynjc]

Heartbreak Hotel Lyrics - Elvis Presley, Mae Axton, Tommy Durden

Well, since my baby left me
Well, I found a new place to dwell
Well, it's down at the end of Lonely Street
At Heartbreak Hotel

Well, I'll be
I'll be so lonely baby
Well, I'm so lonely
I'll be so lonely, I could die

Oh, although it's always crowded
You still can find some room
For broken hearted lovers
To cry there in their gloom

They'll be so
They'll be so lonely, baby
Well, they're so lonely
They're so lonely, they could die

Now, the bell hop's tears keep flowin'
And the desk clerk's dressed in black
Well, they been so long on Lonely Street
They'll never ever look back

And it's so
Well, it's so lonely baby
Well, they're so lonely
Well, they're so lonely, they could've die

Well, if your baby leaves you
You got a tale to tell
Well, just take a walk down Lonely Street
To Heartbreak Hotel

Where you will be
You'll be so lonely, baby
Well you'll be lonely
You'll be so lonely you could die

Oh, although it's always crowded
You still can find some room
For broken hearted lovers
To cry there in their gloom

They've been so
They're be so lonely, baby
Well, they're so lonely
They'll be so lonely, they could die
http://www.elyrics.net/read/e/elvis-presley-lyrics/heartbreak-hotel-lyrics.html

This Place Hotel
Originally named "Heartbreak Hotel", "This Place Hotel" was a hit recording by The Jacksons when it was released in 1980. Written, composed and produced by Michael, the song would precede Jackson's own hit, "Billie Jean", in its insecurity-plagued tale of confusion. While his brothers did not sing background vocals, they were credited with playing percussion on the album while brother Tito contributed a guitar solo.

The song reached number twenty-two on the Billboard pop singles chart and number two on the R&B singles chart when it was released and became the group's second biggest single off their Triumph album, behind "Can You Feel It." The song, in turn, became a popular concert performance for the group's next two tours right into Michael's own Bad tour.

The song, like the aforementioned "Can You Feel It," has become one of the oft-sampled songs in hip-hop.
The song's title was changed because of the 1956 Elvis Presley hit, "Heartbreak Hotel".

The song was performed on the Jacksons' Triumph Tour (thus appears on the Jacksons' subsequent live album) and was subsequently used on the Jacksons' Victory Tour. When Michael Jackson first toured as a solo act, "This Place Hotel" was the only Jacksons song to be used in both legs of the Bad World Tour, whereas the other songs by the group (with the exception of a medley of early Jackson 5 hits) were retired during the second leg. A spoken word and synth recording preceded the song on the first leg of the Bad tour, but for the second leg of the tour (and on the subsequent Dangerous World Tour ) that recording was used as an intro to Jackson's hit "Smooth Criminal" instead. The song was included on Michael Jackson's The Ultimate Collection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Place_Hotel

[youtube:jum1ynjc]

This Place Hotel (Heartbreak Hotel) Lyrics - Michael Jackson

Live and sin.
Ten years ago on this day, my heart was yearning.
I promised I would never, ever be returning,
Where my baby broke my heart and left me yearning.

As we walked into the room,
There were faces staring, glaring, tearing through me.
Someone said, "Welcome to your doom."
Then they smiled with eyes that looked as if they knew me.
This is scaring me!

We walked up the stairs still concealing gloom,
There were two girls sitting in my room.
She walked up to my face,
Said, "This is the place.
You said meet you right here at noon."

This is Heartbreak Hotel.
Welcome to Heartbreak Hotel.
So this is Heartbreak Hotel.
This place is Heartbreak Hotel.

Hope is dead.
She thought that I had cheated for another lover.
I turn my back to see that I am undercover.
Now I can't convince this girl there ain't no other.

Someone's evil to hurt my soul.
Every smile's a trial thought in beguile to hurt me.
This is scaring me!
Then the man next door had told,
He's been here in tears for fifteen years!
This is scaring me!

We came to this place, where the vicious dwell.
Found that wicked women run this strange hotel.
There was Sefra and Sue,
Every girl that I knew.
And my baby said love is through!

Welcome to Heartbreak Hotel.
So evil Heartbreak Hotel.
This place is Heartbreak Hotel.

Someone stop my heart!

Ten years ago today!

Someone stop my heart!

Ten years ago today!
They took my mind!

You broke my baby's heart!
You spoken through to me!

Nooo-aaa! *cries*
*breathes heavily*
http://www.metrolyrics.com/this-place-hotel-aka-heartbreak-hotel-lyrics-michael-jackson.html

Comments

• SangreSangre Posts: 648
    Don't tell me you never knew that before. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Don't tell me you never knew that before. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Yes, I didn't. I am not a fan and own no J5 or Michael Jackson music and I have never listened to any of their music until after June 25th.

I also believe that the lyrics in Michael's version are interesting to say the least.
  • This is what Michael wrote in Moonwalk about this song:

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz44/iLOVEuMJHD/untitled.jpg?t=1281684319

I just realized I spelled Elvis wrong in the title of this thread. I hate that there is no edit button; darn lousy typing. Definitely time to go to bed too. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    It was way last year I heard this song. Now my thoughts are that it might be a dream. It is scaring him, and at the end there is heavy breathing like he woke up. He has desires for women and the dream warns him of the dangers. It changes from we and me to you, they and me at the end. Could be with the illuminati and controllers, they mind-controlled him and made him reject the one girl he loved. Interesting the hotel, maybe it's the one the 911 phonecall is made from, after someone supposedly stopped his heart (hoax). Then on top of this all, he must obviously have known about Elvis' song with the same title as he originally named it, so there's a connection with Elvis. I love this song; it has so much passion, good beat, and MJ's voice is superb!! as always!!

"Someone stop my heart!
    Ten years ago today!
    They took my mind!
    You broke my baby's heart!
    You spoken through to me!"
  • dejavudejavu Posts: 330
    This is what Michael wrote in Moonwalk about this song:

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz44/iLOVEuMJHD/untitled.jpg?t=1281684319

I just realized I spelled Elvis wrong in the title of this thread. I hate that there is no edit button; darn lousy typing. Definitely time to go to bed too. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Honestly I didn't notice until you mentioned it <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

And about the song, wasn't the Jacksons' version renamed "This Place Hotel"? I'm sure Elvis' came first <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
    For some reason this song brings to my mind the incident when Joe hired two prostitutes for young Michael.
  • I just realized I spelled Elvis wrong in the title of this thread. I hate that there is no edit button; darn lousy typing. Definitely time to go to bed too. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Consider it changed.
  • Don't tell me you never knew that before. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Yes, I didn't. I am not a fan and own no J5 or Michael Jackson music and I have never listened to any of their music until after June 25th.

I also believe that the lyrics in Michael's version are interesting to say the least.

I just have to say, I didnt either! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

So I guess we are all still learning and growing as we continue along in this adventure <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

<!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    For some reason this song brings to my mind the incident when Joe hired two prostitutes for young Michael.
    I had the same thought too.
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    Don't tell me you never knew that before. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I just have to say, I didnt either! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

So I guess we are all still learning and growing as we continue along in this adventure <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

<!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

I'm with you guys...I didn't know about this song either! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • Red_RoseRed_Rose Posts: 223
    Joe did what? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> this man is sick
  • heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494
    Joe did what? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> this man is sick

I had never heard this before! WHAT? Another example of Joe's "wonderful" fathering skills! When and where did this happen? How old was Michael? How do we know this? And did MJ avail himself of the opportunity? My guess would be that he didn't....not his style.

(shaking my head once again in disgust at Joe Jackson)
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I read that in a book [ I've read just about all of them on MJ so at present I can't remember which one it came from] . The story did not specifically name Joe, but went that a relative or relatives thought it was about time for young teenage Mike and so 2 ladies were hired and told to give him the full treatment. He was locked in there with them and the story said He was totally traumatised by the whole episode. This could just be a made up story to sensationalise the biography or it may have happened. Even if it didn't happen, MJ had enough trauma for a little boy just watching the strippers do their thing at the clubs he worked as a six year old. Say no more!
  • heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494
    I also wanted to say that I have a copy of the Bad Tour in Japan DVD....this song is included....there IS a spoken intro (I always assumed it was a "breather" spot for MJ) and the instrumental music sounds very similar to "The Way You Make Me Feel"....that "off beat" sound..."like you're gettin' outta bed in the morning"...it is a very good song...I understand that the title of the song was changed to avoid confusion with the Elvis hit years earlier, but I always thought that changing it to "This Place Hotel" was a rather odd choice....it makes no sense....other than it has two syllables like the word, Heartbreak....they could just as easily have chosen "Dog Food" or "Sunshine", see what I mean? Very odd!

Speaking of this DVD, if you've never seen it, do yourself a favor and order it off Netflix or even purchase it like I did....it captures the raw sexual energy of MJ of stage like no other....he was 30 years old here....beautiful....no....AMAZINGLY beautiful!....dynamic....astounding choreography....the song, Shake Your Body, is done to GREAT effect...it's done toward the end of the concert....there's sort of a riff in the middle of the song where he and one of the other male dancers have a bit of a "dance-off".....INCREDIBLE! I can't recommend this video enough if you haven't seen it....it completely illustrates his amazing stage presence and if you've never seen Michael perform on stage during the Bad Tour, you will not believe it! I was BLOWN AWAY!

Just my two cents! Peace!

I had never heard this before! WHAT? Another example of Joe's "wonderful" fathering skills! When and where did this happen? How old was Michael? How do we know this? And did MJ avail himself of the opportunity? My guess would be that he didn't....not his style.

(shaking my head once again in disgust at Joe Jackson)

Michael was disgusted when they removed their tops, it didn't get much further. They (the prostitutes) had to leave. I don't remember where I first read about it, but there are several articles in the internet as well. I'm not sure if Michael himself has talked about it, though I know he's mentioned an incident in which Joe pushed him into a room full of girls when he was changing clothes or something (wasn't it in the Rabbi's book as well?)

It must have been very confusing for young Michael. Basically, his mom taught the boys that even if you look at a girl the wrong way you'll go to jail while at the same time Joe participated in groupies and had sex with prostitutes.