Happy anniversary of Elvis Presley's "death"

<!-- m -->http://www.probatelawyerblog.com/2010/0 ... death.html<!-- m -->

[center:1awlox9h]Happy anniversary of Elvis Presley's "death"

ElvisGrave.jpg[/center:1awlox9h]

I've had many people contact me wondering about Eliza Presley's case and her efforts to prove that she is the daughter of Vernon Presley and half-sister of Elvis Presley. In doing so, she's also trying to show that Elvis is still alive and she has DNA evidence to prove it.Elvis gravesite

So it seemed appropriate to share an update about her case on August 16th, 2010 ... exactly 33 years after the day that the history books mark as when Elvis died. Click here to review the first installment of my four-part discussion about Eliza's case and why -- as hard as it was for me to swallow at first -- I believe she's telling the truth and Elvis really is alive.

On August 6, 2010, Eliza's attorney filed a Motion for Default Judgment, asking the Chauncery Court in Tennessee to enter a default judgment on her Complaint to Determine Parentage and Heirship against Lisa Marie Presley and all other surviving or unknown heirs of Vernon Presley. You can read the Motion for Default here ( <!-- m -->http://probatelitigation.typepad.com/fi ... efault.pdf<!-- m --> ).

Despite the fact that Lisa Marie was legally served and notice was published for all heirs one year ago, no one has come forward to respond to the lawsuit or challenge Eliza's claims in court. You can read the Complaint that started the lawsuit here ( <!-- m -->http://probatelitigation.typepad.com/fi ... plaint.pdf<!-- m --> ).

When Eliza initially filed suit to have Vernon Presley's estate reopened in probate court, her efforts were opposed by an attorney who said he represented various Presley interests, but Eliza won and the estate was reopened. This is a separate lawsuit, however, and this time no one has even tried to stand against her.

The Judge is scheduled to rule on the Motion by September 10, 2010. Because no opposition is expected, Eliza's request will likely be granted and an order should be entered legally recognizing her as the heir to Vernon Presley.

But, of course, being legally recognized as an heir and having proof to show the world that the history books should be rewritten are two different things. Obtaining the court order will only be one more step in Eliza's journey. But it will certainly be a big step in her quest to prove she's neither lying nor crazy.

So if you're one of the thousands of fans visiting Graceland today to pay tribute to the late Elvis Presley, take lots of pictures. This may be the last anniversary that you have a reason to visit the gravesite.

Comments

• chappiechappie Posts: 529
    Let's Party!

HUH....Happy anniversary of a "death"???
    Is that normal in the USA?

Chappie
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    "The Judge is scheduled to rule on the Motion by September 10, 2010."

What does it mean exactly? I'm fasting and I'm a little slow these days...
  • "The Judge is scheduled to rule on the Motion by September 10, 2010."

On August 6, 2010, Eliza's attorney filed a Motion for Default Judgment, asking the Chauncery Court in Tennessee to enter a default judgment on her Complaint to Determine Parentage and Heirship against Lisa Marie Presley and all other surviving or unknown heirs of Vernon Presley.

September 10, 2010 is the court date..
    "The Judge is scheduled to rule on the Motion by September 10, 2010."

On August 6, 2010, Eliza's attorney filed a Motion for Default Judgment, asking the Chauncery Court in Tennessee to enter a default judgment on her Complaint to Determine Parentage and Heirship against Lisa Marie Presley and all other surviving or unknown heirs of Vernon Presley.

September 10, 2010 is the court date..

Ok thanks Puff. Something big is about to happen.
  • Thank you for sending this. I`m exited and don`t know what to think anymore. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
    The Judge is scheduled to rule on the Motion by September 10, 2010. Because no opposition is expected, Eliza's request will likely be granted and an order should be entered legally recognizing her as the heir to Vernon Presley.

Sept 10, 2010, Elvis Bam <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I am counting the days and hope for it to come true. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    Partytime with chocolate cake - omg, my poor heart. Gonna need a doctor specialized in heart attacks. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • backstagerbackstager Posts: 291
    I am counting the days and hope for it to come true. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    Partytime with chocolate cake - omg, my poor heart. Gonna need a doctor specialized in heart attacks. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I've got Dr. Murray on speed dial. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I've got Dr. Murray on speed dial. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Hell, NO! <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: -->
    Is he still practising by the way?
    Or would it be wise to try to get into contact in case of a heart attack, just to see what is going to happen? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    He doesn't look like a doctor, specialized in treating hearts, to me; more like an actor, who needs the money badly for whatever reasons, apart from child support claims. At least he is always truly interested in da troot, as we all are.

Elvis liked to have a good laugh, he could be really funny, he would understand, how important it is to call the suitable doctor.
    It would just be absolutely gorgeous, if August 16th 1977 got another meaning soon and history would have to be re-written, even if he decided to remain hidden.

• As far as I know there's not going to be another hearing in this case, as a Motion for Default Judgment was filed on August 6.

If I understand the Tennessee law about this correct it means that if no one opposes, Eliza's request will automatically be granted and an order should be entered legally recognizing her as the heir to Vernon Presley.

Since Lisa Marie Presley and other unknown heirs have not opposed previously, it's unlikely that someone will oppose now.

As far as I know there's not going to be another hearing in this case, as a Motion for Default Judgment was filed on August 6.

If I understand the Tennessee law about this correct it means that if no one opposes, Eliza's request will automatically be granted and an order should be entered legally recognizing her as the heir to Vernon Presley.

Since Lisa Marie Presley and other unknown heirs have not opposed previously, it's unlikely that someone will oppose now.

Thanks Mo. It's clearer to me now. So the "victory", the bam, seems to be 100% sure because as you say nobody is likely to make an opposition now, they had the opportunity to do so before. I feel like the Presley family knows that Eliza is well Elvis' half-sister.
  • Let's Party!

Chappie

Yeah actually it is. It is more a celebtration of his life than a happy time. It will be no different on Michael's birthday which is coming up
  • chappiechappie Posts: 529
    Let's Party!

Chappie

Yeah actually it is. It is more a celebtration of his life than a happy time. It will be no different on Michael's birthday which is coming up

I can understand celebrating....but Happy Anniversary?
    <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Chappie
  • Let's Party!

Chappie

I can understand celebrating....but Happy Anniversary?
    <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Chappie

Well, Elvis isn't really dead you see <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Yambo3003Yambo3003 Posts: 291
    Everyday that goes by....it gets closer for the truth to be revealed. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • angelangel Posts: 349

Sept. 10, 2010 is also 77 days from the anniversary of Michael's "death".
  • vilte90vilte90 Posts: 148

Good find <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314

Good find <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Sept. 10 - my birthday