'I believe what people failed to realise...'

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited August 2018 in MJDHI News
I believe what people failed to realize was that Michael was a human being.
<br /><br />I still think many fail to realize that, even his fans. I am posting this because there is a lot I need to get off my chest. <br /><br />This hoax has been an emotional roller coaster for me. I have laughed, I have been confused (and still are most of the time), I have had dozens of brain reboots, I have cried my eyes out, I have finally met the true me, I have learned what I expect from myself and this short visit on earth and I believe I am a close witness to "What Will Go Down In History As The Greatest Demonstration For Freedom...". That is why this is important to me, because if I would have thought that he only hoaxed his death because he wanted to outdo Thriller, I would have walked away months ago, although I do like this aspect of the story as well. But lately what I feel most is sadness and even disgust. <br /><br />This hoax is turning into something that is the opposite of its original purpose. The hoax community is full of hate, back stabbing, (death)threats and blogs and forums are lately platforms to share personal information of other members, just because they think it's 'important' for the hoax. Why would that be important and don't they see the danger in that? The very person who HATED all these things is actually the one who attracted it and I am sure that hurts him more than some people can imagine.<br /><br />Besides that I see too many threads about him that have subjects like:<br /><br />"Oh my God, he's so hot" <br />"MJ sexy with glasses"<br />"MJ sexy with tongue"<br /><br />And other titles like that. Please let me remind you that the "Videos of Michael" sub forum is for videos unrelated to the hoax. Videos of tours or performances or things like that, but absolutely not to dissect the man or to share your fantasies. Same goes for the "Pictures of Michael" sub forum. There is no sub forum "Fan fiction" so please refrain from posting it in the future. This is an investigation site and not a fan forum. Do you think he would enjoy reading that? Is that all he is about? The outside? <br /><br />One of the This Is It posters said: "Discover the man you never knew". By reading fan fiction and threads like mentioned above, you won't discover that man. You will stick with your fantasies and will keep seeing everything through your pink glasses. If that's your cup of tea then that is fine, but not on this forum.<br /><br />So here I return to the quote at the beginning of this post: 'I believe what people failed to realize was that Michael was a human being.'<br /><br />People did and still are. He's made of flesh and blood, like all of us. Besides all the angelic features, I am certain he has his other side too. We are all not our best 24/7. I am sure he can be cranky, angry, unreasonable and a pain in the butt as well.  If he needs to go, he needs to go and will have to wipe his own ass. I know most of you don't like that thought, but that is one thing I can certainly say is the truth.<br /> But most of all, he can hurt. Physically as in fans tearing him apart just to get a piece of him and mentally by all the shit that has been reported and all the false accusations against him.<br /><br />Then the ridicule of some theories and thoughts. Please refrain from commenting that something is ridiculous before you have actually read up on it. I remember some of us discussed that Michael could have Asperger's Syndrome. Some reactions and I paraphrase: "Ridiculous, Michael is not an autist".  That can hurt! First of all, I am certain that there might be people on here that have some sort of autism or Asperger's, who can confirm that. Read up on autism and Asperger's and then comment. If you still don't agree that is fine, but at least you can post your arguments and keep up a healthy discussion. I am familiar with Asperger's and I really think it's a possibility he has AS. He is human, he can have disorders (although I don't really think the word disorder really fits AS) because he is human. It's not something he has control over. And I can imagine that IF he has AS, comments like the above are not really nice to read.<br /><br />On a side note: Here is a video about Carly Fleischmann, who has severe autism (NOT Asperger's). Just this video alone will let you take a peek behind the screen about autism. It's inspirational and shows how people can be misjudged because of their outside:<br /><br />
<br /><br />Take off your pink glasses and try to think outside the box sometimes. Don't try to think or answer for him, because none of us can. Instead, try to imagine what you would do, or think. Mostly that is closer to the truth than when you try to form an opinion based on a person you have never met and idolize that much. He is a son, a brother, a father and a friend. At the end of the day, he needs to change his underwear. His dirty laundry is as dirty as ours and when he bumps his little toe I am sure he won't say "Hee Hee". He bruises when you pinch him hard enough and when you cut him he bleeds...<br /><br />I am not at all being disrespectful and I am not judging anyone in particular. I know you all love him and I know you all want the best for him. That would be leaving him in one piece, instead of aspire to get a piece. I am only trying to make you see that he might be Michael Jackson, he might be tough, but in the end we're all the same and this hoax should be about L.O.V.E. and not H.A.T.E. I hope we can turn that tide before it's too late. The world is fucked up enough already and we have more important things to be passionate about. Save your energy for later.<br /><br />Here is something to think about:<br /><br />'The prince asks the narrator to draw a sheep. Not knowing how to draw a sheep, the narrator shows the prince a picture that he had previously drawn: a boa with an elephant in its stomach (a drawing which previous viewers mistook for a hat). "No! No!" exclaims the prince. "I don't want a boa constrictor from the inside or outside. I want a sheep!" He tries a few sheep drawings, which the prince rejects. Finally he draws a box, which he explains has the sheep inside. The prince, who can see the sheep inside the box just as well as he can see the elephant in the boa, says "That's perfect.".'

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• *Applauds* You took the words right out of my mouth. I've actually been told I'm not a fan because I believe MJ might have something similar or for expressing my opinion about human things he might do. So I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do and actually sees that he's a man and have both positive and negative things about him. No one on this earth is perfect. A few of the medications that were listed that he's taken are some of the same meds I've been on for my medical conditions. I'm currently Diagnosed as ADHD and Bipolar, but I've been doing some research and talking to my doctor and I believe I may suffer from Asperger's. I have a first cousin who is also Autistic but he is the extreme form. Maybe some time we can talk more about this soon.
  • jenwren20jenwren20 Posts: 282
    Bravo Souza, this has been a long time coming.
    That clip of Carly is one of the most touching things i think i've ever seen.

I think after all these months, maybe some people need to take a breath....

L.O.V.E to you all

x x x x
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Thank you for this post Souza.......Finally someone has said it. Lets get on with the show.....investigating a hoaxed death. xoxo
  • PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323
    Souza -

I'm glad you said all of this, because I have been thinking most of the same things for quite some time now. I find it sad that you even have to post a thread reminding people that Michael is a person or what the purpose of a site called "Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators" is.

Recently, I've found myself contemplating whether I really want to wade through all of the "fluff" just to find the few worthwhile facts buried in some post somewhere. Don't get me wrong - I like to read other people's opinions as long as they contribute something to the topic. But like many here, I have a life. If I spend an hour here, I want it to count. That seems to happen a lot less often these days. I find it so frustrating to see a post topic that looks interesting, only to find that halfway down the first page it takes a left turn and ends up going 180 degrees because someone said something in a post and someone else got offended, or someone posts a "pretty pic of Mike" and then there are 15 ooh's and aah's about it. Case in point: Just yesterday I read a post by Serenity's Prayer where she(?) felt that maybe it was time to leave this site because of the reactions she gets to many of her "unpopular" opinions. Who could blame her, when she spends more time explaining herself to people than having a discussion about the information she provides? (Personally, I would consider her leaving a loss for the entire forum.)

Sometimes this forum feels more like a social networking site instead of a place to find great, solid information about the hoax. I've been here only 2 months and I often feel discouraged by "go nowhere" threads. I can only imagine how someone who is not a die hard, life-long MJ fan, coming to this site for the first time to see what the hoax is all about, must feel. How many are going to stick around long enough to wade through it all? There are so many posts that I feel would be better handled through PM between members. I don't really care to read a half-page back and forth between two people that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

If I may...I'd like to add a couple of things:

1. Why are people here if they don't want to read? There were several times where I found someone posted a question that was already asked and answered earlier in the very same thread. If you want to read only the last post - or 2 or 3 - so be it. But would it really kill anyone who is thinking of posting a reply to take the time and read the entire thread before doing so? Maybe the question was already discussed at length on the first page.

2. If it were up to me, I'd lose the emoticons. Imagine how many pointless posts would be eliminated. When I see someone post <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> and nothing else, my first thought is always, "And I care...why?" What does that do for the discussion or the hoax?

I know I'm not perfect, and I don't claim to be. I may have, at one point or another, done the very same things that I just claimed are aggravating. But I do make a conscious effort to post only when I think I can add something to the discussion, and I try to make statements that start with "I think" or "I feel" because I can only speak for myself - not Michael, and not anyone else here.

I really hope what you posted, Souza, brings this site back around to what you envisioned it to be.
  • jenwren20jenwren20 Posts: 282
    Amen to that.
  • WTG SOUZA
    <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I know what you mean, Ice, but could there be even a little truth to what the Admin wrote? (Edit: what happened to Ice's post?)

We all deserve to be treated with respect. Life would be pretty boring if we all thought the same way.

My fellow hoaxers, I've grown so fond of you over these past months. But please know that there is value in learning to read the heart of the messenger and not just his/her words as those are often misinterpreted. If you need proof, look at the life of Michael Jackson. His words were forever being misinterpreted and twisted. But, look at his heart and it was the same at age 50 as it was at age 20.

I, for one, get embarrassed by some of the comments and videos that I stumble across here. Yes, they are of our beloved Michael and I like to see his beautiful smile like all of you. I even go to youtube on a regular basis to get my fix of the Come Together video - LOL. But, some of the comments I read are as disrespectful to the man as non-fans calling him filthy and degrading names (in my humble opinion). I also realize that there are young people on this forum and I try to consider what I'd want my young relatives to read before I make a comment.

While I may not agree to everything said above, I do know how the Admin feels. I sometimes wonder if we've gone off track a little bit, looking more to find the juicy, tongue-wagging stories rather than investigating and finding the truth. No matter how much the truth might hurt. I think about the recent poster named callofthewild. Has anyone realized that the person has stopped posting? Is it because he/she was attacked for not giving us the information that we wanted to hear? Please don't attack me for saying this because I say it in love. Not everything we read or hear will be the truth. But not everything we read or hear will be lies either. We need to filter everything through an open, non-judgmental, and loving mind, and leave our feelings at the door. I know it's difficult - even for me. Feelings (or emotions) only get in the way of sound judgment.

I have grown to love Michael very much and it's more than just his looks. It's his heart, his character. I know you all feel the same way. Let's push forward in finding the truth, spreading L.O.V.E, being kind and helping others, and supporting Michael as best we know how. Let's unite as the MJ Army of L.O.V.E. to show the world what Michael's message is truly all about.

May each of you be blessed beyond belief. May the peace of God visit your homes and hearts this day. May you find joy, laughter, and happiness. May you always be safe from harm. And may you find the truth that you seek in your heart. Blessings to you.
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Amen to it all........Yes I think the vibe has changed a lot in just a few weeks. I have noticed many more posts that are rather bland. I don't mean to sound rude. The actual investigative vibe is loose. I like the pictures, the fluff....once in awhile......just to keep it light and clear the mind. There is a lot of reading...you are correct. But with that, comes the thoughts and knowledge of what is happening.

Just last night I began a post about how it must have hurt Michael to see his so-called fans turn away years ago. This hoax community bashing of each other must hurt as well. It is everything his message is against. If someone is hurting, I try very hard to put words of comfort and encouragement to them. It's the old saying, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".
    It's worked for me.
    Souza....thank you, I think you are spot on!

I truly wish each and everyone of you much peace and many blessings. It's all for love.......L.O.V.E.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Voiceforthesilent
    Not everything we read or hear will be the truth. But not everything we read or hear will be lies either. We need to filter everything through an open, non-judgmental, and loving mind, and leave our feelings at the door. I know it's difficult - even for me. Feelings (or emotions) only get in the way of sound judgment.
    Not only was Michael truly human, so are each of us too. We come here from all over the map in every kind of way. I know it's a big job for you Souza and Mo, like steering a huge ship. It's good you can give us a little reminder now and then. We've all chosen to be here, and could have chosen fansites, the other MJHD site, and others. I think this one's the best, though the other sites might offer bits of info we might have missed and are good for references. About some threads seeming mostly fluff, I agree, but sometimes people might post some little thing that turns out to yield a significant find. I do wish people would name their threads with something that tells about the subject matter, instead of Wow look at this. With over a year's worth of stuff, lots of good clues get buried in obscure titles. And I agree, lets get on with the show...investigating a hoaxed death!!
  • chappiechappie Posts: 529
    Amen to that....

Who are we to say someone is strange, weird or crazy?
    Perhaps we are the one's that are strange, weird or crazy!

Everyone has his own personality....
    Who are we to judge....

Love you all
    Chaps
  • Thanks for this Souza <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I like the way you put all of this into 1. I do see some people going off in threads and even in different hoax forums and there is really no need for it. We can all agree to disagree not all of us will have the same feelings about EVERYTHING that is said but we can at least say it in a respectful manner <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> .
    I kno what you mean abt the pictures thing yes there will b times where we might see a few striking pix of Michael and that comment will come out from time to time BUT we can try to do it at the right time. At least when it won't distract others from their research <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Now when I first read abt Michael possibly having AS I did not dismiss it and I still won't. It is possible that he could have it but if he does or doesn't I'm still gonna love him the same. He's human so its not impossible. Im not aying he does have it and I'm not saying he doesn't. I read an article about it I will find it and post it if that's ok <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Thnx 4 sharing that video it has touched me and opened my eyes to research more about it <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    Nicely said souza.
    If I read something by another hoax investigator that I disagree with, if I do tell them that I disagree with their opinion or theory, I do it respectfully. I hate when other users deny my opinions in a rude way such as sarcasm or just being rude in general by calling me crazy. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> I usually just ignore it though. MJ is about love, not hate.
    Also, about the whole Michael being attractive, I will admit some of us girls can get out of control. Sorry MJ. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • LET ME PAY MY RESPECTS TO YOU SOSA FOR THAT WISDOM WORDS!I COULDN'T BE MORE AGREE WITH YOU.WHEN I REMEMBER ABOUT MICHAEL I DON'T REMEMBER HIM LIKE THIS IDOL TO BE ADORE OR WEIRD THOUGTHS ABOUT HIM.I REMEMBER HIM AS THIS HUMANBEING HUNGRY FOR LOVE AND COMPREHENSIVE. THAT EVEN WITH THE WORLD IN HIS HANDS;HE JUST WANTED TO BE LOVED.IN HIS EYES THAT WINDOW THAT REVEALS ALL HUMANBEING SOULS YOU COULD TELL THAT HE WAS SUFFERING.HIS SAD EYES COULD TELL ALL THE LONELYNESS AND SADNESS OF HIS SOUL.I HOPE "GOD" THE ONLY OWNER OF OUR LIVES AND SOULS GIVE MICHAEL THE WAY TO BE FOLLOW.MICHAEL "GOD"IS THE ANSWER! LET "GOD" BE YOUR KING! "LOVE YOU MICHAEL"
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    I'll throw in my two cents.

I agree that people fail to realize Michael was a human being. He was an intelligent and talented man, but again - people fail to realize that he was NOT a lawyer nor a mathematician, when posting hoax theories.

Secondly, if it has something to do with Michael Jackson, you must realize that fans WILL show up. I am a huge Michael Jackson fan: I love that guy's music and I respect his contribution to the entertainment industry. And yes, I think he is very attractive, but at the same time - I can admit that I am in love with the image he built around himself as the King of Pop. But everything has it's time and place, so I keep my comments for fan forums.

The reason why I needed to get that out is because non-fans have publically called fans "deranged." Even the admins themselves act as if being a fan is a bad thing, or a disease...Is it justified?

For one, I think having a crush on a flesh and blood singer is way more "normal" than having a crush on a made-up character from an anime cartoon, which is what a lot of teenagers are doing in this day and age. No disrespect intended, but I hope you see where I'm coming from.

I understand your point - that we should keep our fantasies to ourselves and I agree, but at the same time I wanted to tear down the stereotype of a typical "MJ fan," which is that we're all out of touch with reality and obsessed etc. Yes, you'll meet those people, but not all of us are like that and many of us take great offense in being treated like "loonies."
  • The reason why I needed to get that out is because non-fans have publically called fans "deranged." Even the admins themselves act as if being a fan is a bad thing, or a disease...Is it justified?

We have never said that being a fan is a bad thing, or a disease. What we have tried to point out to is that a lot of fans are in love with a PR persona, and that it seems to be very difficult for a lot of fans to realize and accept that a PR persona is a creation which could be totally different from MJ's real personality. We have pointed out that a lot of fans are hindered by an emotional barrier, which makes them unable of thinking outside the box.

We have pointed out that because of that emotional barrier and the love for the PR persona, fans say "Michael would never do that". Fact is that no one knows what Mike would or wouldn't do, but by sticking to the PR persona and saying "he would never do that" people are dismissing a lot of issues in this hoax that could be very realistic.
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    100% agree with Souza, sometimes we forget that Michael is a human being like all of us with his ups and downs
  • Thanks for this thread Souza!

Ad Mo, I totally agree with you on this :
    We have pointed out that because of that emotional barrier and the love for the PR persona, fans say "Michael would never do that". Fact is that no one knows what Mike would or wouldn't do, but by sticking to the PR persona and saying "he would never do that" people are dismissing a lot of issues in this hoax that could be very realistic.[/b]

Love to all
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Excellent post Souza, I can understand your frustrations - I'm sorry if maybe I have contributed to them at times. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

Would it help to think that at least these 'fans', for want of a better word, are here, on your site, and serious things posted here may well attract their attention over time. I don't think anyone jumps in one leap, straight from liking the King of Pop (the PR persona that Mo spoke of) to admiring and respecting the man MJ. There have certainly been several 'in-between' stages for me, and many threads I just didn't look at when I first came here, until I was 'ready'.

I think the 'PR persona' is exactly what MJ intentionally developed to get people's attention. He said as much in that interview with LMP about the trailer for HIStory. He liked the controversy, he wanted everyone to sit up and take notice, not, I think, from an egotistical point of view but because he wanted everyone to hear his message.

Seems like he did too good a job on the 'sitting up' part! Maybe we can help those with that emotional barrier to start to 'take notice' too. IDK, perhaps posting links in the dodgy threads, to some of MJ's powerful speeches, poetry or writings, to encourage them to look a little deeper.
  • liegiliegi Posts: 640
    It is difficult to see beyond the "reality" that the media constructs for us. Who is the real Michael? There is a real person behind the facade built by managers, advisors, his father, etc. There must be a valid reason for doing what he did. Souza, you are telling people to look beyond what seems "real" and try to understand what has happened. In this way, we benefit ourselves and our society and we can help Michael.
  • angelshadowangelshadow Posts: 8,257
    Souza,i agree with you!!!!Thanks...
  • AnaMarciaAnaMarcia Posts: 860
    I agree that some fans are a little insensitive and can only admire the look, the smile and the voice of Michael.
    Of course, as a fan of 27 years, I am thrilled and in love with its charm, especially in the era "History", but I think the true fans, can see the human being that Michael is. Proof of this is that many mourn and has a sense of injustice for all that Michael suffered, we know how many he has always proved to be stubborn, conceited and even perhaps a bit vindictive. I particularly love Michael as a man and artist, I know he is not perfect, it has several flaws, but their qualities are very evident: humane, intelligent, talented, sensitive, good father, good son, gentle (mostly ) and why not say handsome, charming, attractive and lovely??
    As for autism, I am not very convinced, but it is something to consider ... perhaps the mildest form of the disease? After all, they say that autistic people are true geniuses ... and Michael is a genius!

Unconditionally love you, Michael!! As a human being and as artist. Nobody will ever overcome you!
    God be with you.
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    THANK YOU SOUZA FOR YOUR WORDS...
    I LOVE THAT QUOTE OF THE LITTLE PRINCE!!! I LOVE THAT BOOK, WAS THE FIRST BOOK I READ WHEN I WAS LITTLE AND STILL READ TIME TO TIME... I BOUGHT THAT BOOK FOR MY DAUGHTER 7 BIRTHDAY... (7 AGAIN, LOL!) SHE LOVE IT TOO...
  • backstagerbackstager Posts: 291
    The reason why I needed to get that out is because non-fans have publically called fans "deranged." Even the admins themselves act as if being a fan is a bad thing, or a disease...Is it justified?

We have never said that being a fan is a bad thing, or a disease. What we have tried to point out to is that a lot of fans are in love with a PR persona, and that it seems to be very difficult for a lot of fans to realize and accept that a PR persona is a creation which could be totally different from MJ's real personality. We have pointed out that a lot of fans are hindered by an emotional barrier, which makes them unable of thinking outside the box.

We have pointed out that because of that emotional barrier and the love for the PR persona, fans say "Michael would never do that". Fact is that no one knows what Mike would or wouldn't do, but by sticking to the PR persona and saying "he would never do that" people are dismissing a lot of issues in this hoax that could be very realistic.

Thank you so much. If there is one thing I don't like, its definitely the phrase "Michael would never do that".

And as for what you said Souza, thank you for speaking the words so many people were thinking. Michael was/is human! This is a hoax site. Let's, you know... talk about the hoax! Not gold pants.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Sorry for any grief I may have caused you Souza. Taking my rose coloured glasses off now and replacing them with a magnifying glass. And for the record, I have never been a gold pants drooler. For me it's all about the injustice. I am wired with a strong need to see wrongs put right. My Dad used to call me his rebel without a cause in my younger years. I have now found a worthy one.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    This is an absolutely necessary discussion and therefore I would like to thank Souza for opening it.

It seems there are waves of evolution reaching out to the board like tides.
    We have seen this happen several times - each time the board acquired more members, there were more potential issues added until they got resolved.

I would not like to give up this time - we did not give up before, either. The more fans or interested people are being attracted to the board, the more they bring with themselves the "used-to" culture of fan-boards, media-like PR-information that was hammered into their minds and perception and certain points of view that were strategically built up.

We had to let all that go, too, and it was not easy and did hurt and sometimes was more than we thought we could handle.

Let's not forget to lend a hand to those not used to the hoax train to explore and adapt to the "multiple-opinions-shared-not-fought-on-board", "fact-oriented-look-from-all-sides-with-magnifying-glasses-without-ridiculing", "we-respect-and appreciate-each-other-and-our-different-perspectives-to-see-the-world" and "we-try-to-stay-open-minded-about-unknown-aspects-of-life" cultures we have developped over months here.

I believe the "long-time-runners" have developped capabilities that some of the newbies have not discovered yet. This is no judgement, it is just one reason for different interpretations. Some of the newbies may not have the indepth knowledge of the evolution of the hoax. I would like to point out that ALL information is to be found either in the blogs, videos, summaries or archives. However, it takes your time to read through the many facts. It takes your dedication to work on some matters. It is NOT easy.

Nobody has ever said that the hoax is a digital cheeseburger that may be understood in just a few minutes. Getting the messages will take some time of your life. It will pay out though more than you may imagine. It will change your life forever.

Having said all the above, I would like to encourage the newbies to dare take off their habits and glasses, to just take a step back before posting and work on the subject for a minute or hour or two. This is about S.T.U.D.Y. and reading and reflecting and exchanging then.
    I would like to open my arms for all - you are each and everybody much wanted here - we undertook quite some adventure to make you find us <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> .

So welcome with a warm heart and best wishes. Come and discover the man you never knew.
    You will be soooo surprised of who you missed until now...

A little etiquette will help all of us, a step back from where you used to be, daring NOT looking at gold pants but behind the curtain, wanting to know the man instead of the role, listening, reading, finding yourself speechless, in awe, starting an adventure you never expected - welcome to the rollercoaster of your life.

L.O.V.E.