Shall we take a look at the live funeral footage again?

2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
Lets have a look back shall we.....now bear in mind, these are opinions of professionals in their line of work.....Even they had suspicions then.....this is just to remind us why we are all still here.....enjoy.
<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhdGf7qSL3U&NR=1<!-- m -->

[youtube:2iykyi47]

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B30Yz2RL ... re=channel<!-- m -->
[youtube:2iykyi47]

Comments

• wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    I hadn't seen this particular news coverage video. Really interesting they would talk about guests needing to sign papers for legal reasons. Also, exactly when did the news of a "movie......This Is It" actually come out? Was it after the memorial?
    Great video.....thank you for posting it!

Blessings!
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    It's definitely intriguing how the funeral was set up as this secret project or a celebrity event not as a goodbye to a man who died.

I love it when things won't make sense.
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    I wonder how far in advance the guests 1) were invited 2) were told of the professional filming 3) were most likely asked to sign something

Sangre- you are right when you say, "celebrity event"
    and not a funeral for a beloved entertainer. So many folks have commented on the laughing, smiles, overall feel of the event. It's interesting the news cast picks up on the feeling of something other than a funeral. I remember watching it live, glued to the tv. It was all so surreal, so Michael. I love Dame Elizabeth's one glove.

I believe that everything is laid out in front of us....the O2 announcement, the ambulance departure, the death announcement, the memorial, the funeral,This Is It......it's all in front of us. Through it all, I am truly discovering the man I never knew and having a great adventure along the way!

Blessings to all.......
  • backstagerbackstager Posts: 291
    What I don't understand is how they didn't want the press to cover it... and yet they filmed it themselves and practically handed it over to the press <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> But I will never forget when I watched it live that night. I swear to you a woman walked passed the camera and waved at it. Waved at the camera! *dies* You can't tell me that this was real. She was smililng and everything, too. Ahhh too funny.
  • Liz Taylor's expression at the end of the second video is priceless. You can just about see exactly what she is thinking. It's like she knows she's supposed to appear sad, but her expression is more like she is entertained and proud. Think about what it must be like to not only have Michael Jackson as a best friend, but to then have your best friend pull off something like this.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    To me that video looked like an outdoor wedding
    outdoor_wedding_locations.jpg
  • I wonder how far in advance the guests 1) were invited 2) were told of the professional filming 3) were most likely asked to sign something

Sangre- you are right when you say, "celebrity event"
    and not a funeral for a beloved entertainer. So many folks have commented on the laughing, smiles, overall feel of the event. It's interesting the news cast picks up on the feeling of something other than a funeral. I remember watching it live, glued to the tv. It was all so surreal, so Michael. I love Dame Elizabeth's one glove.

I believe that everything is laid out in front of us....the O2 announcement, the ambulance departure, the death announcement, the memorial, the funeral,This Is It......it's all in front of us. Through it all, I am truly discovering the man I never knew and having a great adventure along the way!

Blessings to all.......

Well said, it`s true.
  • Never noticed it before but since we talked about the number 7. I couldn't help but notice that the chairs were in rows of 7.
    I'm not a number person but thought it was a bit interesting.
  • What I don't understand is how they didn't want the press to cover it... and yet they filmed it themselves and practically handed it over to the press <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

backstager, I can see some good reasons for this:
    (1) The family had control over what/who was shown and what/who wasn't. I read, for instance, that LMP didn't want to be filmed - and the footage that's out there actually stops at the moment that MJ's casket is brought out (I read that LMP broke down at that point).
    (2) Had the press been allowed, the question of WHO exactly gained access would have had to be resolved, as I imagine hundreds of reporters/news outlets would have vied for access. MJ's family may not have wanted to deal with this...
    (3) I think that the presence of the press at the funeral (even, say, 20 reporters) would have made for a cheap/tacky, circus-like atmosphere - similar to that at the 2005 trial. And given how hounded and vilified by the media MJ was almost his entire life, I honestly think it would have been disrespectful to invite the media to his funeral (regardless of whether this is "real' or not)!

And who knows, maybe the footage was shown by the family not for the media's sake, but for Michael's fans...

I noticed that there are about 17 or 18 rows of seats on each side, each with 7 chairs - that comes to about 238 seats (assuming a total of 34 rows). That's not that much, given that we're dealing with Michael Jackson... And it's not exactly "a couple hundred", as remarked by that guy in brown on the TV program (forgot his name).