Elvis and Michael were both obsessed with UFO's ?

2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
edited January 1970 in References & Similarities
<!-- m -->http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/artic ... s/19583253<!-- m -->

Although Elvis never went as far as to claim he was fully contacted by aliens, Geller says the King was "open" to the possibility of life existing on other worlds.

"Elvis was a deeply spiritual person and was very interested in the metaphysical. He had an eclectic outlook on things. Although he never had any major alien experiences, he was certainly a believer," added Geller. "Elvis was a practical mystic. He had his feet on the ground, but his head in the heavens."

The King also had his nose in the books.

According to Geller, Elvis eventually amassed a personal collection of roughly 350 books about new age subjects, including a few specifically about UFOs. He'd bring the "portable library" with him on tour in big luggage trunks aboard airplanes, boats and cars.

At one point, Geller said this concerned Elvis' manager, Col. Tom Parker, who feared the musician's deep interest in the spiritual and metaphysical would cause him to lose focus on his career.

"Tom suggested we have a bonfire and burn some of the books, but Elvis didn't go for it," he added.

Despite Elvis reportedly having an open mind about UFOs until the day he died – Aug. 16, 1977, or 33 years ago today – Luckman is confident the singer's spacey beliefs didn't alienate his fans.

"I think, if anything, people related more to him because they'd had similar experiences with UFOs themselves," he said. "It made him seem more human."

And Elvis isn't the only rock star to claim strange sightings.

Luckman said major musicians like Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, and Michael Jackson were all famous UFO believers, too.

According to well-documented reports by Lennon himself, he spotted some sort of UFO flying outside his New York City apartment in August 1974 with then-girlfriend May Pang and even wrote a liner note about the incident on his 1974 "Walls And Bridges" album which simply stated, "On the 23rd of August 1974 at 9 o'clock, I saw a UFO. – J.L."

Later, Lennon's 1984 song, "Nobody Told Me" referenced the sighting again with the lyric: "There's UFOs over New York and I ain't too surprised."

In the end, Luckman believes rock stars often experience these purported sightings due to one common thread: They're all naturally "open and creative individuals." When prodded, he didn't think the drugs or hallucinogenics that are such a part of the wild rock star lifestyle had much to do with the encounters.

"I think rock stars were meant to be conduits between humans and aliens; meant to obtain information to help us here on earth in the future," he reasoned.

Comments

• i would sure like to know if there is any possible connection between the gellers.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Thats exactly what I was thinking too...Uri Gellars relative ????
  • I have not found any connection to U. Geller (and am not interested either), but Larry Geller is supposed to have been very close to Elvis in his spiritual ideas. Even having been apart for a long time of many years didn't separate them in their common belief in something more to life than just commerce and being a superstar. Being Elvis on stage was one thing, and Elvis, the man, was another. Not many understood the latter, and underestimated him immensely.
    Larry Geller seemed to have understood Elvis and his deep yearning for the answers to some burning questions about life, a Colonel Parker would neither be willing nor able to follow or understand.
    There was more to Elvis than his image, he - like Michael - was interested so much in spiritual things, he was reading whenever he found the time, which made the Colonel suspicious, so he even tried to carry out an intrigue to burn all his books about spirituality, an attempt which showed his ignorance, concerning these ideas. They meant the world to Elvis. Larry wasn't just an ordinary hairdresser; he would talk to Elvis for hours, and he was the one to show him all the books, he could find about the topics of life after death, of other creatures living in other dimensions, who might be ahead of our times (UFO sightings).
    I find it very interesting that Elvis is said to have read the book about the Turin cloth of Jesus in his last hours, which covered the dead body, before Jesus' resurrection from the dead. And that he was extremely interested in questions of death and resurrection before his "death". <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: -->
    More about Larry Geller and some more background info can be found on his website: larrygeller.net
    I am wondering: Had Elvis become too spiritual for some and less concentrated on his career in his last years, so someone feared he might drift into "the wrong direction", not being a milk cow any longer, a money making machine, doing concerts half-heartedly, his head more in the heavens than on earth (in the music industry, as the big bosses wanted him to be). Did he have another plan? Did he outwit them all and played his part till the end, and then disappeared into another life as someone else? Would be interesting to know. Would have been a masterplan, not many would have known about.