Michael Jackson voted #1 music icon

SoldierofLOVESoldierofLOVE Posts: 993
edited January 1970 in News
I searched and didn't see this anywhere else on the forum. If this is a double--post, please delete and my apologies.

From CNN, August 27.

Michael Jackson voted number one music icon.

<!-- m -->http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/0 ... =allsearch<!-- m -->

Almost 100,000 of you voted for Michael Jackson as your top global music icon
Bob Marley, The Beatles, Leslie Cheung and Elvis Presley also made the top five
Madonna came in at number six, nanarrowlyissing a place in the gallery

(CNN) -- The votes are in and Michael Jackson is your number one global music icon.

Almost 100,000 of you voted to tell us that the self-styled "King of Pop," who died suddenly in June 2009, is the musician you rate above all others.

British pop group The Beatles, late Canto pop sensation Leslie Cheung, rock 'n' roller Elvis Presley and Reggae godfather Bob Marley also made the top five.

No female artists made the list, although U.S. pop queen, Madonna came in at number six, narrowly missing a place.

Last month CNN's arts and culture program, icon, asked you to vote for your top five most iconic musicians of all time.

This month, we want to know your thoughts on the most iconic 20th century painters. Salvador Dali perhaps? Picasso? Or maybe Andy Warhol? Click here to vote.

We'll reveal your top five on September 23 when the next show airs.

Comments

Well ofcourse he is !!!
    MJ single handedly change music and performing forever .
    and it's not an emotional judge by a hardcore fan <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> .... its a fact .
  • rasyterasyte Posts: 484
    IT'S MICHAEL JACKSON!!!! <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: --> HE"S THE BEST! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • If this was facebook I'd press the "like" button <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Well, who would have guessed....and of course Elvis was in there too... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Heee heeeee!!!

MJ number one above the Beatles and "all others" <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Mission accomplished!!!
  • <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> WHOAAA Im really am shocked, i never thought he would win it, but this is amazing <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • well he gets what he deserves <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    MJ is simply the King of Music! Daddy, you deserve it because you simply are the best. I love you the most! xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Yup! #1 Woot! <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> x]
  • DOGGONE IT !!!
    He better be #1 cause he is the only one,
    always and forever......
  • Nor surprise there, Folks know a good thing when they see one. MJ. forever King..Music or otherwise..ha ha..that made my day. A solid numero uno.
    Go Mike..!!!
    Peace.