Paris Hilton Arrested -- Photos and Video (Hoax??)

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
Paris Hilton Arrested -- Photos and Video
8/28/2010 9:50 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has obtained photos of Paris Hilton as she was being arrested by Las Vegas police last night.

0828-paris-photo-launch-ex-credit.jpg

Hilton and her boyfriend, Cy Waits, were arrested a little before midnight last night. Waits was booked on charges of DUI, while Hilton was busted for possession of a controlled substance ... cocaine.

Paris was released on her own recognizance shortly after her arrest and has hired Vegas legal eagle David Chesnoff.

UPDATE: We've also obtained video of Paris as she was talking to cops. The crowd can be heard muttering about Paris -- one person even remarks she looks better in person.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/28/paris-hil ... gas-photo/<!-- m -->

[hr:3485ksfv]hr[/hr:3485ksfv]
OK, am I the only one that thinks this is a strange story? I can't see an arrest on the pictures and I can't see an arrest on the video. Besides that, Paris was caught a few times with pot and people that do pot don't do cocaine, at least normally they don't It's 2 complete different types of drugs. Is this another hoax?

Her Tweet before she was allegedly arrested:

Hey Las Vegas! Turn on Channel 3 News Now xox 8:17 AM Aug 28th via mobile web

I call BS, anyone?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• 'Vapor trail' leads to Paris Hilton's Vegas arrest
    Associated Press - August 28, 2010 11:29 PM PDT

LAS VEGAS - Smoke wafting from a Cadillac Escalade on the Las Vegas Strip ignited Paris Hilton's latest legal troubles late Friday, when a motorcycle officer who suspected the smell was marijuana stopped the vehicle and police say a bag of cocaine fell out of the 29-year-old socialite's purse.

It's the second time this year Hilton has been arrested on drug possession allegations, although authorities in South Africa dropped marijuana charges earlier this summer. In 2007, Hilton pleaded no contest to alcohol-related reckless driving and was sentenced to 45 days in jail.

This time, the hotel heiress was with her boyfriend, Las Vegas nightclub mogul Cy Waits, who manages a club inside the Wynn Las Vegas and was driving the black SUV that the officer stopped nearby at 11:22 p.m. Friday.

The officer "followed the vapor trail and the odor of marijuana to the Escalade," police Sgt. John Sheahan said.

As other police arrived and a crowd gathered on the busy neon-lit Strip, Hilton asked to go into the Wynn resort for privacy, Sheahan said.

"Miss Hilton pulled out a tube of lip balm," Sheahan said. "At the same time ... a bindle of cocaine in a plastic bag came out of her purse" in plain view of police in the room.

Police Officer Marcus Martin characterized the cocaine as a "small amount," or a package of the size usually associated with personal use. Police would not specify the weight of the cocaine or whether any marijuana was confiscated.

Hilton was arrested on suspicion of felony cocaine possession. If convicted of the low-grade felony, she would get probation, but any violation of that probation would be punishable by up to one to four years in Nevada state prison.

Waits, 34, was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Misdemeanors are punishable by up to a year in county jail. Police said he owned the 2009 Cadillac.

Hilton and Waits were booked into the Clark County jail, where Sheahan said Hilton was kept handcuffed on a booking room bench, fingerprinted, photographed and released without bail about 2:45 a.m. Saturday.

Waits' lawyer, Richard Schonfeld, said Waits posted $2,000 bail Saturday. Waits was released Saturday afternoon.

Sheahan said Hilton was not taken to a cell and received no special treatment on a busy Friday night and Saturday morning at the jail. He said release without bail was common in such cases.

Hilton, a prolific tweeter, didn't mention the arrest on her Twitter site, although less than an hour after she was released her account was updated with a posting that said the actress was in bed watching the television show "Family Guy."

It was unclear if the tweets came from her, were posted by time-release or were sent by someone else. Hilton spokeswoman Dawn Miller wouldn't comment when reached by an Associated Press reporter Saturday afternoon.

Hilton's attorney, David Chesnoff, told The Associated Press on Saturday morning that he was still gathering facts about the arrest.

"This matter will be dealt with in the courts not in the media and I encourage people not to rush to judgment until all of the facts have been dealt with in a court of law," Chesnoff said later in a statement. "There will be no interviews and no more comments at this time."

Schonfeld said he was "troubled by the circumstances" leading to the arrest, but declined to specify his concerns.

"As the case proceeds, a lot of facts are going to come to light that will ultimately lead to exoneration," Schonfeld said.

Court dates for Hilton and Waits were not immediately available. Clark County District Attorney David Roger declined to comment Saturday about the case.

A spokeswoman for Wynn Resorts in Las Vegas did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.

Waits and his twin brother, Jesse, are managing partners of the Tryst Nightclub inside Wynn Las Vegas, Drai's after hours club at Bill's Gamblin' Hall & Saloon, and XS The Nightclub at Wynn's Encore resort. A spokeswoman for Harrah's resorts declined immediate comment.
    http://omg.yahoo.com/news/vapor-trail-leads-to-paris-hiltons-vegas-arrest/46349

Paris Hilton Mug Shot -- So Pretty
    8/28/2010 1:55 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has obtained the mug shot of Paris Hilton following her arrest Friday night in Las Vegas.

0828-paris-mug-bn.jpg

SMILE!
    http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/28/paris-hilton-mug-shot-arrested-cocaine-photo/
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658
    I miss the big pupils from the cocaine
    And marihuana causes red eyes as well
    ( I smell BS)
    When you are aressted for this they run a drug test on you btw.
  • When you are aressted for this they run a drug test on you btw.
    They don't test you for drug use when you have been arrested for Possession which is what Paris Hilton was charged with.

She hasn't been charged with using drugs or a DUI, just possession of the illegal drug cocaine.

Her Boyfriend has been charged with DUI, Driving while Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol. He may have been tested but not her.
  • meheremehere Posts: 558
    Nah. She's guilty once again. She's not that smart, IMO, to pull off any sort of hoax.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Every TMZ story that led to some "oops?" reactions was actually carrying some other content in addition. I understand "twin" and "braid".

The Waits twins:
    4_11_08-167018732.jpg
    http://www.superiorpics.com/pictures2/4_11_08-167018732.jpg
    The pic gives a "trust" to me.
    Metaphors
    Braiding creates a composite rope that is thicker and stronger than the non-interlaced strands of yarn. [...]
    Braids are often used figuratively to represent interweaving or combination, such as in "He braided many different ideas into a new whole."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braid

Chesnoff was said to have been working for the Jackson family.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Chesnoff
  • that doesnt even really look like a real mug shot
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Nah. She's guilty once again. She's not that smart, IMO, to pull off any sort of hoax.

Hmmmm, well I think you might be underestimating the woman.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Paris Hilton needs a job <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    TMZ insisted much with Paris Hilton this weekend, is not the first time she's in trouble
  • sweet1sweet1 Posts: 312
    I think it was a hoax about her cocaine possession to get attention. Afterall, the limelight has been on her arch rival Lindsey for sometime now. It's time for everyone to focus on her social activities. Personally, I think they both need to grow up and act their age not their shoe size. Keep the Faith!
  • TMZ insisted much with Paris Hilton this weekend, is not the first time she's in trouble

And she's a graduate from The Buckley School, goes to show you that even though you may be able to afford an expensive education, doesn't make you any smarter than the rest of us. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Michael Jackson's Kids Get Schooled
    By the way, some other grads even went on to do sex tapes and became famous -- Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/26/michael-j%20...%20me-school/
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Serenitys_Dream, I thought the same thing <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125

Hmmmm, well I think you might be underestimating the woman.

I agree, Souza, I think the "ditzy blond" is just an act. I think she is a lot smarter than she appears.
  • isn't that like the second reference to family guy in a short period of time? not nessesarily from tmz but from stuff that has been looked at recently.