August 29 2002...
He did not get that award.
<!-- m -->http://popdirt.com/michael-jackson-is-m ... -not/7119/<!-- m -->

Setup or not?
Im just wondering.

Comments

• yes he was step up.
  • SandySandy Posts: 55
    I remember reading after June 25 that MTV confirmed that it was though a award for Michael. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • I remember reading after June 25 that MTV confirmed that it was though a award for Michael. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    yes, but they step him up. It wasn't a millennium artist award, it was birthday gift. A cheap ass birthday gift
  • Oh, so that was very kind of them.. NOT. Jack Black I never thought he would make fun of Michael. Anyways, I am still a believer but I am getting a little bit fed up of seen cruel people in this world.
  • Yes this was a set up a little joke <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Hmm not 2 nice but it was his bday rite <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> ?
    Im sure it was all out of fun not to truly hurt him <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    And if they did he probably wuld have made it known it wasn't funny.
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658
    Dont forget what happend a month earlier in that year.
    [youtube:sng3zi4g]
  • [youtube:2jes2qak]

August 29 2002...

Setup or not?
    Im just wondering.

Hello!!!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I'm glad that finally someone puts this video from VMA 's 2002.
    I had always asked myself what was wrong with Mj then.First he hits that wall,then when he reads the thanks for the "award" ,at minut 2:33 he give the thanks to :'my mother... Joseph Jackson' LOL!!! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> ,and after "the speech" Britney starts to present best pop video or something,but in all this time Michael was still there <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> The winners are No Doubt group and when they came to stage ,it seems that they ignore Michael,especially Gwen Stefani.
    So what exactly happened there???? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
    Anyone????
    Maybe it was all staged or it was for real,who knows.Please take a look for yourself here:

[youtube:2jes2qak]

LOVE
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658
    First of all the award was allready there. So i can understand that Michael would think: ""that award is mine" especially after that nice speech.
    Second you can see that Britney is nervous, but she didn't say
    "thank you".
    If she did that Michael would have left the stage and they could handle it back- stage without further embarassment.
    BTW if I was Britney I would let him get away with it.
    " Hey Mike can i borrow your award?, we are out of stock"
  • that was really bad. And MTV tried to make up for it saying that they wanted to give the award to him after his death or "death", but it is ridiculous to do this so many years after. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> They should apologize for what they did.

I never thought it could have been a plan by Tommy or any other person... it is interesting that you pointed this out. Thank you.
  • [youtube:ikicb08r]

August 29 2002...

Setup or not?
    Im just wondering.

Hello!!!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I'm glad that finally someone puts this video from VMA 's 2002.
    I had always asked myself what was wrong with Mj then.First he hits that wall,then when he reads the thanks for the "award" ,at minut 2:33 he give the thanks to :'my mother... Joseph Jackson' LOL!!! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> ,and after "the speech" Britney starts to present best pop video or something,but in all this time Michael was still there <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> The winners are No Doubt group and when they came to stage ,it seems that they ignore Michael,especially Gwen Stefani.
    So what exactly happened there???? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
    Anyone????
    Maybe it was all staged or it was for real,who knows.Please take a look for yourself here:

[youtube:ikicb08r]

LOVE
    I didn't even notice he hit the wall thnx 4 pointing that out <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> !
    Michael did misinterpret because she said that SHE considered him the artist of the Millennium NOT artist of the Millennium award soo that was a mistake great speech tho <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    And they even had the cake for his birthday out there so idk i think he was kinda confused himself LOL
    Hmm Lisa was also there LOL <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    [youtube:ikicb08r]
  • I felt so sorry for MJ, because he thought he was getting an award. He had his speech ready. Did you notice when he asked Brittany Spears, "What this? and she say nothing but goes announces the video award for No Doubt. At least the ppl in audience made him feel good.
  • Mistakes happen...

Shame how no-one explained to MJ and then just left him on the stage like that.

Well.. he deserved that award.. i dont care it wasnt real, it is to him and me! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • wasn't there something of a problem at the bambi awards also? and this was around the same time as the bashir thing was being made. wasn't this deiter weisner the manager at that time. isn't this the time period the one tape was about where he was giving testimony about medications. the time when he signed the power of attorney.
    this was actually 2003
  • wasn't there something of a problem at the bambi awards also? and this was around the same time as the bashir thing was being made. wasn't this deiter weisner the manager at that time. isn't this the time period the one tape was about where he was giving testimony about medications. the time when he signed the power of attorney.
    this was actually 2003
    Hmmm do you mean when Michael was about to come on the stage to soon or that's to simple to be wat u mean <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> ?
  • I hate seeing all the different times/videos where Mj is supposed to be some type of fool... did anyone see the one where some guy is on stage giving MJ a hug and the back of his shirt say pervert? that was so messed up
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    I hate seeing all the different times/videos where Mj is supposed to be some type of fool... did anyone see the one where some guy is on stage giving MJ a hug and the back of his shirt say pervert? that was so messed up

What? NO! When/where was that? That is just plain cruel. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    I hate seeing all the different times/videos where Mj is supposed to be some type of fool... did anyone see the one where some guy is on stage giving MJ a hug and the back of his shirt say pervert? that was so messed up

What? NO! When/where was that? That is just plain cruel. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->

It was Janet I guess who had such shirt during awards show.......

[youtube:y8t6rs7z]
  • LMAO!!! so glad someone had the whole video!!! The vid I saw only showed a few seconds of the hug and the poor quality had Janet looking Asian <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> dang hoax video section... That vid was great!Biggie was in it and stuff <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Well that is different then. I think Janet was making fun of the media.
    this was actually 2003
    Hmmm do you mean when Michael was about to come on the stage to soon or that's to simple to be wat u mean <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> ?

probably. wasn't it like in german and someone cued him too soon or something. then when he was out there he got sooooo nervous. it seemed like he didn't know what was being said. shouldn't he have had some sort of translater in his ear. it was like he was sabatoged or something.isn't that what all those people around him are supposed to be for . or were thery all just there to leach off of him?
    this was actually 2003

The one at the Bambi awards, MJ went on stage too early and then was shaking and couldnt get his reading glasses on.

The reason for that was the Bambi awards were the day after the "baby dangling" incident and MJ was being vilified in the media and was very, very nervous about going on the stage. He didnt want to, but as it was a prior commitment he couldnt get out of it. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    this was actually 2003

The one at the Bambi awards, MJ went on stage too early and then was shaking and couldnt get his reading glasses on.

The reason for that was the Bambi awards were the day after the "baby dangling" incident and MJ was being vilified in the media and was very, very nervous about going on the stage. He didnt want to, but as it was a prior commitment he couldnt get out of it. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

i don't know about anyone else but if i would have lived his life i'd have been looney toons a lllllloooonnnggg
    time ago.