Do I have a place here?

curlscurls Posts: 3,111
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
I feel quite depressed today, as I don't know if I have a place here. I can't manage to put together a coherant theory, or do the maths for TS's challenge. Like many others, I haven't been here since 'the beginning', and I often feel 'lesser' because of that. I'm still learning, I'm still forming opinions, I don't think I have it all sorted and I have an open mind that tells me just about anything is possible in this hoax but I often hesitate to post for fear of attack. I don't know if I can be a part of this if I don't feel comfortable about voicing ideas, thoughts or questions, when there are such forceful, dominant, outspoken people around, seemingly ever ready to pounce.

I feel really uncomfortable about threads in which there is a lot of bad feeling, arguing etc, you know the stuff. For the most part, I keep out of it, but still it leaves a very bad taste. It upsets me when people just won't let things go. We're never going to all agree on everything and yes, no doubt, some come here simply to cause trouble, but the attention and negative energy spent when these things happen, to try to hammer home a point to someone who doesn't want to listen, or who has their own, equally valid (to them), opinion is totally draining. Meanwhile, genuine, quietly 'spoken' posts get overlooked or ignored in all the drama.

I'm hesitating to post this, but I will anyway because these thoughts are eating away at me today.

Comments

• Oh sweetheart, dont feel down! And you surely shouldn't hesitate to post your ideas or thoughts on something, thats why this is a forum we all discuss the death hoax <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

I feel sorry for you if you feel like you don't belong to be here or anything, you shouldn't feel that way!
    And you know what I agree on when you say "when there are such forceful, dominant, outspoken people around, seemingly ever ready to pounce. " It's true, i've noticed it too lately. Maybe people are stressed out cause there aren't many clues around anymore. People start to wonder when Michael will finally return and sometimes that takes the best of them.

If it's helping : I'm always here and I will never be mean to you, or to anybody else for that matter.

[youtube:2x9g07ig]

*Mwah*
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    I absolutely think you have your place here. There is no shame in admitting that you haven't figured it all out just yet- I certainly haven't and I personally don't think anyone here has.

I don't think you should worry about voicing your opinion, if it is said with grace and understanding, I cannot understand how that would bother anyone. If someone is rude to you when you have been kind, it is their problem and they are making themselves look like a fool.

I personally think this should be a place to bring together theories based upon evidence as to what happened to Michael Jackson on 25th June 2009.

I have much respect for you for posting this, and don't ever feel you are 'lesser' than someone, you are not.

Peace and love
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Curls you are valued and you do have a place here. Every person has different strengths and giftings and we need them all. Sometimes the louder voices can seem to drown out those who are quieter by nature. It is just group dynamics and these same examples are within every collective group of human beings. I think you should just be yourself. The person that God made you to be. After all He did only make one of you [ unless you have a double like Michael]. Sorry, that was my poor atempt at humour. And no comparing yourself to others either. You just have to be the authentic curls. No more no less. As for holding back from posting, I am offering the advice of just do it. Confrontation happens to everyone of us at some time in life. It is something that makes many of us uncomfortable but if we don't allow ourselves to be vulnerable we aren't going to grow in dealing and responding to it. The last thing I want to say is that we can't always choose what is said to us, but we can always choose how we will respond to it.
    with L.O.V.E.
    Robyn
  • JudeJude Posts: 452
    I feel quite depressed today, as I don't know if I have a place here. I can't manage to put together a coherant theory, or do the maths for TS's challenge. Like many others, I haven't been here since 'the beginning', and I often feel 'lesser' because of that. I'm still learning, I'm still forming opinions, I don't think I have it all sorted and I have an open mind that tells me just about anything is possible in this hoax but I often hesitate to post for fear of attack. I don't know if I can be a part of this if I don't feel comfortable about voicing ideas, thoughts or questions, when there are such forceful, dominant, outspoken people around, seemingly ever ready to pounce.

I feel really uncomfortable about threads in which there is a lot of bad feeling, arguing etc, you know the stuff. For the most part, I keep out of it, but still it leaves a very bad taste. It upsets me when people just won't let things go. We're never going to all agree on everything and yes, no doubt, some come here simply to cause trouble, but the attention and negative energy spent when these things happen, to try to hammer home a point to someone who doesn't want to listen, or who has their own, equally valid (to them), opinion is totally draining. Meanwhile, genuine, quietly 'spoken' posts get overlooked or ignored in all the drama.

I'm hesitating to post this, but I will anyway because these thoughts are eating away at me today.

You're already on the right track <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Thank you all for your kind and wise words! I feel like I've had a virtual hug! xxx
  • Thank you all for your kind and wise words! I feel like I've had a virtual hug! xxx

A well spoken word is like a drink of water on a hot day. Your voice does matter here and no matter how small or loud, I am one who hears what you have to say. None of us have this figured out. Blessings on your day.
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    I have too say you are not the only one I don't understand all the numbers or ts posts I do try but it confuses me don't be scared to post I was at first and I don't think I come up with brilliant things like some here but every little bit counts so don't feel bad you are needed
  • DoDo Posts: 850
    Curls, I've been here since september 2009 (old forum) and I'm still feeling the same like you a lot of times! Many members here are also on twitter, face-book and I'm not. I often have the feeling that I'm walking 10 steps behind and afraid to post because I'm afraid to make a big mistake or don't have the facts straight.
    So I prefere to read, but there are so many posts that I can't keep up with all of them. I often read your posts and you're a really kind person with good theories. You also anwered on my post a while back, I remembered that I was honored because I don't get many replies! That's OK with me, maybe it's because my posts are really not that outspoken and often I can't explain what I really mean because english is not my first language. Keep on posting Curls, I enjoy reading them! Hugs! Do
  • Curls I think you posting today was a good idea. I can relate to everything you are saying many times I have felt exactly how you do I can't keep up with the number's theory either but still I hang on and keep reading because this forum has helped me in discovering the man I never knew and it has been a great adventure although I have laughed,cried,gotten angry, stressed out,confused,sad,and depressed,It has been an adventure that I would not trade in for anything.You see curls I am in this adventure with only this forums support.My family and friend's do not support me they think Michael has passed and I should just get over it....I also do not post very often for the same reasons that you gave but I try ...And I will keep on posting my support to other members here as often as I can..... Maybe you should tell yourself what I do and that is that I belong on here just as much as anybody else...... Even if it's mainly to read....You know curls after reading your post it seems to me that you have gotten Michael's biggest message ,and that is what counts,His message of L.O.V.E..... God bless you curls.
    Again, thank you for such encouraging messages. Forgive me for not replying to you all individually - I'm feeling quite exhausted after a trying day, but believe me, I've taken all you've said to heart and you've convinced me that, yes, I DO have a place here. We all do! Thank you my friends! xxx
  • Well Curls I think you've been corrected! LOL You DO have a place here! I just wanted to share two things with you when I'm feeling a little down, out of sorts, whatever!

FIrst, words from Michael (that I have on my ipod but made into a video for you!)

[youtube:3ikzu43p]

Second, I sing Michael's song Smile....

http://twiturm.com/7205z

Hope both put a smile on your face the way they do for me! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • @curls:
    all i can say is : you are not alone
    wish i could come up with something more wise and wonderful but i think i been beaten to the punch <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • Curls- you have a place here. I don't understand all the numbers and TS posts and some of the times I just feel that Michael would not have planned all these things years ago. When I post, they are not long, intellictual posts. I say what I need to say, then move on. Most of them are overlooked but I try not to let it bother me. If you love MJ and you believe he is alive, you have a place here.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    The thing I love about this whole forum is that there are literally people on it from all over the world with so many different points of views and opinions. I love reading how other people think and it's great when someone puts my own thoughts into understandable words. And it's awesome to read something you may not have considered before. We all bring something to the table and we are all able to take something from it.
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    When I am disgusted with the way people behave in life (not just on this forum), I just feel thankful that I choose to be respectful and friendly. You seem like you are kind and friendly as well. The world needs more of us! Hang in there!

PS...I wouldn't take it personally if no one responds to your comments/posts...it happens to me a lot. There are many posts that I notice and/or find interesting, but often don't comment on due to time constraints. There are so many posts every day. It's hard to keep up. I hope your tomorrow is better than your today!
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I'm glad you posted your feelings, Curls. You notice how people respond to genuineness with love here. We all need to be reminded that at the end of the day, love is all that matters.
    LilWendy, thanks so much for that video. A reminder of why we love him so much, and how he draws our hearts to him.
    So I start today with tears in my eyes, reading your wonderful responses and listening to lilwendy's video! I now feel like MJ himself has sent me a message! Although I feel like in some respects, I know him less and less the more I learn, the sentiments of that video have been constant throughout his life, so I know I can trust them ... and him!

As for 'Smile' - I can't listen to that now, or try to sing it without thinking of the lovely Jermaine!!

Thank you all so much. xxx
  • angelangel Posts: 349
    @curls,
    Just want to say, quite simply, we need you here. Your intelligence, discernment, and sensitive heart are of great value. There has always been a perfect place and purpose for you. I believe we are all being tested and tried in this refining process and will come forth as gold. I pray that your confidence will grow as you discover your hidden strengths and know we are all standing with you in this journey. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Hi curls.....

I hope you are feeling much better at the week's end <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    It's a long, difficult road, this hoax. Your posts are always spot on and very insightful.....thank you!
    Many blessings to you!!!

L.O.V.E.
    Wishingstar
  • Curls, As many have already mentioned, do not feel nervous to have your voice heard. I will hear you, I extend my welcome to you <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Hi curls,

Sorry for not responding sooner...I just came across your post. Like many others here, I can understand your hesitation and uncertainty in relaying your thoughts, ideas, and opinions. And, oftentimes, even once we get over the fear of posting, it seems people either respond negatively or no one responds at all...I don't know which hurts more. Your post, in itself, provides us a glimpse into your heart and your other posts, even those that you feel went unnoticed, also show the goodness of your soul. I tend to believe, as others have suggested, that although no one replies it does not mean that others haven't read your words. But even if you, or any one else here, ever begins to feel despair over not being noticed or heard...I hope that this strengthens your resolve and imprints a smile on your heart:

[youtube:3e19i1b0]

You do belong and you are appreciated. "Don't ever let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."

With L.O.V.E. always.
  • Dear Curls, I remember you responded to one of my posts a little while ago and the things you said brought tears to my eyes as I recognised in you someone who had empathy and a sensitive heart. That's your gift and I, for one, appreciate it so very much. Thank you for being YOU, a valuable member of this website and a fellow soldier in Michael's Army of L.O.V.E. Like you, there have been times I've felt a bit "out of the loop" here, and I've been reticent to post a comment for fear of being shot down in flames. This is because I don't like conflict and I'm not the type to sparr with anyone or be involved in a war of words. We are all so different, but we all have a point of view and most people here respect these differing points of view being expressed. You are certainly not alone in the way you feel ... we all have our good and our bad days. I for one am glad you are part of this Family - and I know many others feel the same. Much love to you, Emerald xxoo
  • Dear Curls,
    Don't feel like you don't have a place here because you do! We all do as a matter of fact.
    I'm sure u can come up with some very great theories don't worry about getting attacked or put down etc because everything each of us bring to this forum is helpful <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I used to be scared to post also but i had to overcome my fear not for myself but for Michael. I'm sure he wants you to help out because he knows all of us here have a beautiful mind and we all have different opinions <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    If you don't understand don't be scared to tell us because we can help and break down anything you need help with in a way you can understand.
    I don't understand half of TS's posts but i still try to read over them again and again which is kinda annoying but anything for me to understand is what i have to do <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I love ya Curls and everyone else <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> I hope you take this post and all the others to heart <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> We want you to feel happy because you most definitely have a place here <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> !
    Here's a clip of Michael feeling left out LOL it's cute and funny love ya Curls <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> !!!
    [youtube:odzwaysm]
  • i feel yah but dont forget that we love you...
    You are a truly great bunch! It has been so heartwarming to have had so many genuine, loving messages. The videos you have included have given me tears and chuckles and food for thought. I love you all! Thanks. xxx