Have you already listened to this tape ?

Miss-Zazi95Miss-Zazi95 Posts: 169
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
[youtube:389s5lul]

I have never. <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

Comments

• It's the first time I've heard it.....very interesting. So this confirms Michael lied about his age....so does that mean he is really 53 years old now...???

• Thank you for posting this video.

"And then LaToya told the truth".

There ya go, right out of his own mouth.

I have the book (Thank You Puff! kissing_smiley.gif), and there are several chapters which I have read over and over again, and overall it left me with very sad feeling...

4193MXCRYVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

<!-- m -->http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/052593 ... 0525933433<!-- m -->

LaToya's book is also available as an E-book:
    <!-- m -->http://nowdownloadall.com/servers.asp?p ... nline&cr=1<!-- m -->

• It's the first time I've heard it.....very interesting. So this confirms Michael lied about his age....so does that mean he is really 53 years old now...???

If he lied about his age, saying he was 10 when he was really 11, that doesn't mean he's actually older now. It just means they were led to believe he was a year younger than he really was. If they asked when his birthday was back then, he would likely have said 1959 instead of 1958--but that doesn't mean he was actually born in 1959, just means he was lying, and it was for PR purposes. The PR lie doesn't change his true age though. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • I don't have the boo, what did she say ?

• Thank you for posting this video.

I have the book (Thank You Puff! kissing_smiley.gif), and there are several chapters which I have read over and over again, and overall it left me with very sad feeling...

You're very welcome... emoticons_kiss_face.gif
    This book left me shocked and sad, but it's worth reading it....

And Thanks for posting that video... <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • torn between his mother and latoya . truth about what exactly? something else i have wondered about from tii. when they did the medley and he doing that part about i'll say.... and he gives the boys names ect. then he gets to katherine and joe. does anyone know if he most often refered to her as mother? i had thougth it odd that her refered to her by name also as he had always done with joe. anyone?
  • I don't have the boo, what did she say ?

There's no way I can summarize 348 pages for you, I'm sorry, it's too much. You will have to read it yourself.

The one link I posted is a download link, and if I'm correct you can get the E-book there for just $1.
  • [youtube:1yhidq0i]

I found this video. She's talking about the book.

• Here's another one:

[youtube:33l2gvzm]

But still you will need to read La Toya's book.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I read this book in one afternoon online at Jetzi's Michael Jackson site. I think I need to read it again.
  • I read this book in one afternoon online at Jetzi's Michael Jackson site. I think I need to read it again.

Jesus..... 348 pages in only one afternoon...? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    Maybe you skipped certain parts, it's better if you read it again..... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

• For those who are interested in La Toya's book but don't want to buy it, it can be read online here:

<!-- m -->http://jetzi-mjvideo.com/books3-jetzi/toya/toya0xm.html<!-- m -->

• Wow, this is really signifcant you guys. "Tight knit my ass", gave me goosebumps. This PROVES what we've been speculating all along, it's all "pretend", it's all LIES. Think about it, if your whole life was a lie, then why not make your 'death' a lie too and put an end to the madness? Meaning, people are going to finally see the sensationalism and the lies that SELL... Discover the man you never knew...he was FORCED to be a good actor his entire life so he's now putting those acting skills to good use that is going to help wake up a lot of idle brains...

I also think this goes to show that just because someone is related to Mike doesn't mean they are in on the hoax...

Thanks for posting this, can't believe we haven't heard it until now.

If he lied about his age, saying he was 10 when he was really 11, that doesn't mean he's actually older now. It just means they were led to believe he was a year younger than he really was. If they asked when his birthday was back then, he would likely have said 1959 instead of 1958--but that doesn't mean he was actually born in 1959, just means he was lying, and it was for PR purposes. The PR lie doesn't change his true age though. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

I agree with you. Just because he was forced to lie at 11 years old, does not mean that lie was maintained his entire life. The lie was told when the Jackson 5 first came onto the scene, to make him seem more "cute" but as he aged there would be no reason why that lie would have continued.

The year difference in age may have been maintained for several months or whatever but as Michael's popularity would have increased, his birthday etc would have come out. It just seems that this discrepancy between being 10 or 11 at the start of his career, was overlooked by the public, overshadowed by his talent, genius and sex appeal.

On the tape, Michael seems truly upset that this lie was originally told. Because he seems so disturbed by that, I find it hard to believe that he would have continued to perpetuate such a lie for 40 years and allow friends, family and fans to celebrate a false birth date for him.

Just my opinion.
  • And thinking about the age issue further. To obtain identification, passports, drivers licenses, marriage certificates etc. a Birth Certificate must be produced. So with this theory, that he is actually a year older, would require that a fake Birth Certificate was created for him when he was a child.

Having a false birth certificate created, for an age difference of a year, seems to be quite a lot of effort just to make someone appear "cuter" (which is why Michael says on the tape that this was said in the first place), way back when the J5 started to receive recognition. It wasn't guaranteed that they were going to be a hit nor that Michael would become the iconic superstar he eventually did become. It just doesn't seem plausible that they would have gone to that extent; it was just a lie told at the beginning and then later brushed under the carpet.
  • if this is all true could it explain the lack of emotion we have seen? does it make it necessary to look at what we have seen in a different way? truely the only one who appeared to have any sadness was katherine. and even that was strange. i have never heard any of this before but always had this not so nice feeling about her.(sorry if this is all a part of a scam and i have fallen for it but that i what i have felt.) i still have to wonder if the age and name thing are what dd was refering to when talking about his fathers criminality.
  • JudeJude Posts: 452
    Michael said he was torn between his mother and Latoya, for me, this says it all, that Latoya told the truth and that his mother was an acomplice to the abuse, no other way to say it.
    Now comes the question of, if Michael knew his mother just stood by and watched it happen, then why would his give his mother custody of his kids, and, is the abuse still continuing.
    I honestly feel that no one, will ever, know the true scale, of what went on in that family, ever.

And thanks Mo for the link, you know I;ve never read so much in my life, and I am enthralled by it.
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    I remember when the J5 started and MJ was said to be 10 - he was the same age as my brother. Then a few months later, I found out he was really 11 and said to my brother - well, he's a year older than you really. My brother is 51 in November.
  • it just occured to me didn't latoya say later on that this jack gorden manager / husband made her tell this stuff that it wasn't true?
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    it just occured to me didn't latoya say later on that this jack gorden manager / husband made her tell this stuff that it wasn't true?

I thought that was about when she said MIchael was guilty of the allegations??
  • it just occured to me didn't latoya say later on that this jack gorden manager / husband made her tell this stuff that it wasn't true?

ok is that what it was? i only knew that she recanted about something.
  • I remember when the J5 started and MJ was said to be 10 - he was the same age as my brother. Then a few months later, I found out he was really 11 and said to my brother - well, he's a year older than you really. My brother is 51 in November.

Thank you.
    This was exactly what I meant in my previous posts.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    it just occured to me didn't latoya say later on that this jack gorden manager / husband made her tell this stuff that it wasn't true?

ok is that what it was? i only knew that she recanted about something.

Are we 100% certain this is Michael? It sounds like him, but I don't buy the Glenda tapes as authentic, and he sounds a little like he does there, but I could be mistaken. What do you guys think, does he sound the same or different?

There was talk of LaLoya's abusive marriage way back on this site and how she was so afraid of him. She also said that Michael and Lisa really didn't consummate their marriage the normal way. So I'm not sure that when she recanted after this Gordon guy died, if it included MJ's marriage and the molestation allegations.

It makes sense that Latoya would marry someone abusive, if her father was. It generally repeats itself in cycles. In fact I'm not going to excuse Joe in any way, but he probably was abused himself as a child. Let's hope through opening up to the truth of what went on, discussion and learning on it by family members and deliberate changing of the ways they raise their own children, that the cycle will be broken. I'm thinking that each of the siblings would have a slightly different perspective on the abuse as it happened because of their age, sex and personality. My siblings and I recall totally different unhappy or pleasant events in our childhoods.

That was the main reason so many of the sitcoms of the 60's, 70's and 80's were seen as so goody-goody because families all over north america realized that those families were so idealistic and nothing like their own. My own family was also fairly dysfunctional in certain ways, but not the same dysfunction as others might have been, and nothing like what what the Jacksons went through. In my case it was the the mother and not the father, but she was sexually abused as a child. Like Latoya said about Katherine, I resented my father often because he just went along with it. Dysfunction is all over the place and if the public wanted to see perfection in the Jacksons, it was probably humanity crying for something they didn't have but longed for.

I think the most wonderful message of all that I get out of Michael Jackson's life, is not pity for all he went through, but respect and admiration for him talking about what went on, forgiving his father, and becoming a humble strong person who cares deeply for other suffering people. He appears to be a wonderful father to his 3 kids, saying he never raises his voice at them. There may be other things they have to work at, but NO family is perfect because we are all imperfect humans. We all suffer and we look to Michael as an example of an overcomer. Thank you Michael!
    Revelation 2:26-28
    And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations— ‘ He shall rule them with a rod of iron;
    They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’ as I also have received from My Father; 28 and I will give him the morning star.
  • doesn't it sort of seem like in the beginning of this thing though every time the boys were interviewed or whatever and this aspect of theirs was mentioned they worked really hard to sort soften up what joe did?where was the first indication that joe was abusive in latoya's book or in the american dream film?
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013

Thank you for posting this video.

That is the Glenda tape- How do we know that's really him..? Oh, by the way, have you read that rabbi's book?