New, could use some help!

MuzikMamaMuzikMama Posts: 5
edited January 1970 in Introduce yourself
Hey all! I am new to this forum, and look forward to reading posts and posting anything I can find. My name is Becky, I am 21 years old and love Michael Jackson. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> His passions for helping people inspired me to help others if I am able.. So there is this local thing I'm doing in my area for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I have been trying to raise money for this cause but thusfar have had zero luck on that. If you would like to donate, even if its just a few dollars, here is the link to my "Team's" page where we can raise the money. Please help this cause, let's Heal The World. <!-- m -->http://pages.lightthenight.org/oswim/Po ... alTheWorld<!-- m -->

Much peace, and l.o.v.e

Comments

• Your desire to heal the world is admirable, and we welcome you to this community and look forward to getting to know you. But speaking for myself, I think it's inappropriate to only post about a desire to solicit donations when you haven't even yet contributed to the community in a meaningful way as of yet. No disrespect is intended here, so please take no offense. As I said, I think it is wonderful you are wanting to help such a worthy cause. But I just think you should become an active, posting, contributing member of this community before you start asking for money. Just something to think about. I do hope we'll see you post some other things unrelated to wanting donations so that we can find out your feelings on the hoax and such.

Peace.
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    I totally agree with Christiana, MJ would never advocate asking for donations from fans on a site such as this. He'd want us to help charities whatever way we could, but not to blindly give money to someone posting on a fan forum or website. If people want to donate to charity they'll do it through the charity itself. I don't think it's cynical to think that way, just common sense. If there's one thing MJ learned the hard way it's that there are so many people out there who'd do anything for money, regardless of the morality. I wish you well in your fundraising but I don't think asking for donations on here is the right way to go about it.