Gilad Atzmon: Roger Waters and the Bombs of David

SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
Gilad Atzmon: Roger Waters and the Bombs of David
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 9:57AM AuthorGilad Atzmon

Ynet reported today that The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) on Monday criticized rock star Roger Waters for simply conveying the truth.

During Waters’ performances of “Goodbye Blue Sky,” in Toronto, an animated scene projects images of planes dropping bombs in the shape of Jewish Stars of David followed by dollar signs. It should be noted that the clip also displays bombs in the shape of crosses, Muslim crescents and a fuel company's logo.

[youtube:1la7ksc2]

We had better face it once and for all: artists are often significantly far ahead of our corrupted ‘liberal’ politicians, who, for some reason, keep silent instead of confronting the Jewish State.

The truth needs to be told: Israel is the Jewish State and, actually, it does drop bombs from airplanes decorated with Jewish symbols, and those planes are flown by Jewish pilots.

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued a statement saying that "it is outrageous that Roger Waters has chosen to use the juxtaposition of a Jewish Star of David with the symbol of dollar signs.…the use of such imagery in a concert setting seems to leave the message open to interpretation, and the meaning could easily be misunderstood as a comment about Jews and money.”

I am perplexed by Foxman’s comment. There is not actually much room for interpretation here :the facts are well established. The U.S. is providing Israel with at least $7.0 million each day. This is a lot of money -- especially when it converted into bombs and white phosphorus. The Israeli war crimes are also established : I advise Foxman to read the Goldstone Report.

"Of course Waters has every right to express his political views about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through his music and stagecraft. However, the images he has chosen, when put together in the same sequence, cross a line into anti-Semitism,” said Foxman, "We wish that Waters had chosen some other way to convey his political views without playing into and dredging up the worst age-old anti-Semitic stereotype about Jews and their supposed obsession with making money."

May I suggest to Foxman and his notorious ADL that the rest of humanity also has a wish : we want to see an end to the terror imposed by the Jewish state, in the name of the Jewish people, Foxman included. We also want to see an end of Jewish institutional pressure being exercised on so many Western political groups, parties and governments.

If Foxman is really concerned about anti-Semitism, he would do far better to tackle the real root causes of anti Semitism, by confronting Israel and its lobbies about their policies, and he might think of leading world Jewry to do the same.

<!-- m -->http://www.gilad.co.uk/writings/gilad-a ... david.html<!-- m -->

Comments

• Gilad Atzmon made an error. The video included in his article does not contain footage of “Goodbye Blue Sky” but of "The Trial".

This is the footage of “Goodbye Blue Sky”:

[youtube:oq6iyf4o]

Roger Waters knows what he is doing, listen to his lyrics and watch his work. I really admire and respect him.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    I agree with Mo.
    Pink Floyd and Roger Waters have always been ahead of their times, spectacular and eye-opening.
    Pink Floyd shows were an art on their own level and their light shows are legend - never to be repeated by anybody else.
    I remember their concert in Venice, Italy, in the Canale Grande in front of the Doge Palace like yesterday. It was a concert for free and 200,000 folks from all over Europe followed their call.
    Never anybody else dared doing alike.

In April 2010, Waters announced The Wall Live tour, which began in Toronto on September 15 2010, and will tentatively end in Europe in June 2011.
    This is just a snippet from Toronto:
    [youtube:zrzpf6ao]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awptB9MZAfM
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Thank you Mo for the correct video. Hope people will watch this I was just amazed. It brought tears to my eyes.

• Gilad Atzmon made an error. The video included in his article does not contain footage of “Goodbye Blue Sky” but of "The Trial".

This is the footage of “Goodbye Blue Sky”:

[youtube:1ny99x8u]

Roger Waters knows what he is doing, listen to his lyrics and watch his work. I really admire and respect him.

That video gave me goosebumps! The imagery is amazing. The moon, the planes, and the symbols falling all reminded me of Mike very much.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    This is giving some "making of":

[youtube:2ocb4z88]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j19MtuRtZWw

If you have the chance to get a ticket, go see this tour. You'll never forget it.