Re - Education : will things be any different!

Comments

• gboetegboete Posts: 12
    Sandra I know what you mean, yet maybe we should consider what Michael feels about the crazy fans. Would you like to be one of them, knowing how he feels about them?
    This is all crazy, we are millions - he's only ONE, what can we possibly expect from him?!!!!!

What he can give to us more than he already did?

We should be reasonable, all the fans or followers or fanatics.....

I wish there were men also on this forum. To me they would be able to create some balance and show a different point of view. We are all women, no matter what age, we love him and I wonder how I would react if I see him on street in my village. Don't you think that we almost would be drawn to him ??? I think it is very difficult for us to stay away. Maybe I would be too shy to approach him. I am not a screeming crazy one, I am a grandmother....but my curiosity would maybe win over it. Because, to know for sure he is alive and well is a challange isn't it ? So, we can say that we would leave him alone, but put yourself in this position ?
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    The truth is that only those who made themselves outstanding were the ones who got near him.

Well, I sent MJ a present in 1988 and waited for a reply untill 1991 <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> every day I looked at the mail box ( I pity myself <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> ) One day I decided to not wait any longer and admit that it will never happen <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I was just another person among millions.

The same applies here <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> and I am happy being on the shadow
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    Aw Gema I feel for you waiting all that time! <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> I'm sure Michael's "people" probably dealt with all that stuff as I'm sure if he'd known he'd insist you were sent a Thank You note. I doubt they were as humble and appreciative of the fans as he is. I'm also one of those who would have been hanging back out of respect as much as shyness, it wasn't human the way the rabid fans behaved, it must've traumatised him so much especially when he was younger.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Just a thought. If Michael was so upset about how fans mobbed and chased him... why did he pull those YANA girls on stage in the 80's and embrace and kiss them on the lips? They went insane and he did it over and over and over.

I'd say that's encouraging the behavior.

I'd be willing to entertain the idea that this "crazed fan phenomenon" was a situation set up by the man himself.
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    hmmmm.... in the 80s you say?
    he was too young.....if I could only count the "stupid" things I've done when I was young <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> the list would be as long as China <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Gema you waited for 3 years ?! LOL that's funny somehow...sorry....but I think it's funny, even if for you maybe it wasn't .....

I also think it's funny that all of us here identify ourselves with the girl BlackJack mentions in his original post.... it's hard not to feel for her.... if she only knew what Michael felt about her ..... probably she believes he's dead now <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> I am sorry for her.
    Aw Gema I feel for you waiting all that time! <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> I'm sure Michael's "people" probably dealt with all that stuff as I'm sure if he'd known he'd insist you were sent a Thank You note. I doubt they were as humble and appreciative of the fans as he is. I'm also one of those who would have been hanging back out of respect as much as shyness, it wasn't human the way the rabid fans behaved, it must've traumatised him so much especially when he was younger.

Well, actually looking back, It was funny.
    My cousing always approached me and said "look, this is what the security guards did with your present before they pass it to MJ" and she started jumping on and stepping on and kicking a pillow as it would be the present i sent to MJ <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    bec, I support the discussion.

Every cock likes to spread feathers like a peacock once in a while and bathe in applause and celebration of girls. Not every cock playing peacock realizes how he breaks girls' hearts with his behaviour and on the other hand encourages them to chase him around. I bet many girls in the first rows were dying in those moments because it was not them receiving the attention. But they wanted to be there just in case... However, this was stage and acting and NOT for real (despite I never had the feeling of Michael lying about his love and understanding (for fans in general) on stage). Those stage romances were in addition expected from the fans - one girl would be the lucky one every night, however not individually being loved by Michael but in her role of "being a fan" and representing all other fans.

How much this "general" relationship got out of hand, was not understood by the audience and ended up for Michael in being hounded was very obvious.

Gema you waited for 3 years ?! LOL that's funny somehow...sorry....but I think it's funny, even if for you maybe it wasn't .....

I

Yes, i did <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> and with my hopes very high <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    I am not sure 100% if was that one, but i think that in the letter i sent with my present I wrote I wanted to be adopted by him <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Just a thought. If Michael was so upset about how fans mobbed and chased him... why did he pull those YANA girls on stage in the 80's and embrace and kiss them on the lips? They went insane and he did it over and over and over.

I'd be willing to entertain the idea that this "crazed fan phenomenon" was a situation set up by the man himself.

I think that was pure marketing <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739

I think that was pure marketing <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Exactly what I think too. I mean of course, the fact that he took a girl on stage doesn't mean he loves her or something. It's pure marketing and "use your guns". It creates hysteria. I can't know for sure if he didn't enjoy the idea of YANA scene,because after all they could not touch him if he didn't allow them and bodyguards were all over. Just that in time, you get full of such things. In a way you think when you are in your 30s and in other way in your 40s and 50s.

I

Yes, i did <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> and with my hopes very high <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    I am not sure 100% if was that one, but i think that in the letter i sent with my present I wrote I wanted to be adopted by him <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Please tell me this is not true <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    He must have believed you are not sane <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I

Please tell me this is not true <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    He must have believed you are not sane <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Or may be if he read it he would have realized that I did not have a father <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    ... However, this was stage and acting and NOT for real (despite I never had the feeling of Michael lying about his love and understanding (for fans in general) on stage).

I agree....see that scene on the Dangerous DVD concert in Bucharest with that girl who doesn't want to leave the scene....(in fact the scene is from Moscow ..... because the girl who went on stage in Bucharest was too shy and it wasn't good for the show <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> :

[youtube:bgm0wcm8]

........ of course it's staged ....
    ....Michael's smile after kissing her makes me feel ashamed to be a woman.....
    Sorry Gema..... is it true?
    sometimes it's impossible to look at this Man and not feel guilty <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • miriam34miriam34 Posts: 146
    YANA? you are not alone? this was half 90's, sorry if you refer to another YANA.

Sorry....it was late and I was tired.....

As I wake up every morning very early because I can't sleep, this morning I was in my bed thinking of all this incredible show that's going on with Michael .....when I realised BN, besides other ideas in the lyrics, seems connected to this thread too <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> :

"Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson.
    Reporters stalking the moves of Michael Jackson...."
    sorry, it has nothing to do with the topic.....but after the last personal interventions of Harvey on TMZ about Michael's songs I feel like something has to happen....like we are much closer to the end of the hoax and....strange..... now I don't think I want it to end..... yet I want to know 100% he is alive...... even if I think I already know it 100% .....

But I don't want it to end...because as long as this hoax goes on he is with us, the ones who are too small, too insignificant to count, even if we can't see him, he is with us, but after the come back he will be again Michael Jackson, the one who lives in a distant world we can never touch <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

Michael...... Yet I hope everything goes as planned and there is no danger for you to come back....

Love you
  • AgentBJAgentBJ Posts: 587
    ... However, this was stage and acting and NOT for real (despite I never had the feeling of Michael lying about his love and understanding (for fans in general) on stage).

I agree....see that scene on the Dangerous DVD concert in Bucharest with that girl who doesn't want to leave the scene....(in fact the scene is from Moscow ..... because the girl who went on stage in Bucharest was too shy and it wasn't good for the show <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> :

[youtube:ctbnc0qm]

........ of course it's staged ....
    ....Michael's smile after kissing her makes me feel ashamed to be a woman.....

This girl needs help! <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Regarding that subject of Michael kissing girls on stage... the only answer that I have is that nobody is immune from the effects of success and fame. Michael knew that these girls were dying from envy to have that sort of things... he was like all 'powerful' and he just used that power. Maybe that Michael realized later and when he grew older that it was wrong to do so... I don't really know in fact, it's difficult I can only speculate.
    Sarahli, I had a similar thought.

Of course it was marketing and part of the show, but....

I can't believe MJ wouldn't know that it would result in the exact behavior that this thread is lamenting.

So...

if you willingly and purposely create it... is complaining about the results really justified? Or even genuine?

Just saying I am skeptical that MJ really despised the rabid fans to the extent that is being insinuated. After all, he did create the environment that they grew from. I don't believe he is so foolish as to have "accidentally" created a monster that in turn plagued him for decades.

Perhaps the WHOLE thing is part of the show... <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
    I think it was also part of the training for the show. Let's not forget the intense attempts of control over the artist over years and years. The man inside suffered but nobody cared so much about that fact as long as the performer brought the bucks in. I remember the videos of a very unsettled, shy Michael behind the scenes and a Michael taking a strong stand on stage. Like two different people. If I recall right, Michael himself said that stage is where he's at home. What a strange home, don't you think? Nowhere to cover - except by profiting from a little hide-away in a black outfit in front of a black background.
    I think it was also part of the training for the show. Let's not forget the intense attempts of control over the artist over years and years. The man inside suffered but nobody cared so much about that fact as long as the performer brought the bucks in. I remember the videos of a very unsettled, shy Michael behind the scenes and a Michael taking a strong stand on stage. Like two different people. If I recall right, Michael himself said that stage is where he's at home. What a strange home, don't you think? Nowhere to cover - except by profiting from a little hide-away in a black outfit in front of a black background.

We all do that though, to some extent. One person in our element (usually our profession), another person in our leisure time. I don't know what to believe anymore when it comes to MJs personal life. I'm starting to think we know nothing except what we are supposed to know. That being said, what we know is carefully choreographed and orchestrated, which in turn indicates that it's all part of a giant show.

So, is MJ sending out a global call for sympathy? I am starting to look at this theory in that way and I have doubts.
    bec, I rather think that Michael was just fed up with the fans' stalking.
    The ghosts he called in his professional life sat in his neck in his private life.
    I don't think Michael is calling for sympathy. I think he's far beyond that.
    What I strongly understand is the request for cleaning his name once and for all times.
    For his children. This is more than comprehensible.
    At the same moment, it is payday for some of his former company.
    And then we have some more reasons why.
    bec, I rather think that Michael was just fed up with the fans' stalking.
    The ghosts he called in his professional life sat in his neck in his private life.
    I don't think Michael is calling for sympathy. I think he's far beyond that.
    What I strongly understand is the request for cleaning his name once and for all times.
    For his children. This is more than comprehensible.
    At the same moment, it is payday for some of his former company.
    And then we have some more reasons why.

Agreed.

But I confess, I'm having little sympathy for the "stalking" as he kind of started it and didn't seem to try very hard to end it. Sorry MJ <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

(BUT.... I do get that it's difficult to get rid of a few stalker fans without alienating your entire fan base... I guess I'm just having trouble grasping that this stalker fan problem is as wide spread as this thread is suggesting.)
This discussion has been closed.