Re - Education : will things be any different!

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    It would be explained more easy than you could dig. It is simply a mental disorder. Some people are born with altered chromosoms. Have in mind the crazy one who killed Lennon.

Hmmm, crazy one? Just like Lee Harvey Oswald right? I would reconsider that...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    I think she simply has an obsession for Michael. It is painful for her, I am sure. I know because I also tend to develop obsessions.... But of course this does not justify her behaviour.
    She doesn't realize she has a mental problem. She doesn't realize her love for Michael developed into an obsession.
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    I admit I don't know much about Lee Harvey Oswald, nor about the one who killed Lennon, but as far as my general knowledge goes yes, I tend to think that someone who shots a celebrity (it goes for any other human being) for any reason, is insane.

I don't put the stamp on any of them, I just say what I think and at the same time I admitted I don't know too many details. I gave the example as to explain that there are, indeed, mentally ill people, just like these stalkers of Michael and like there must be many others. Just because sane people can't understand their behaviour doesn't mean they don't actually exist, unfortunately.
    In a subtle way our dear BlackJack shows us why re-education is needed <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

• Celebrity adulation is often tied to self-esteem issues. The lower the self-esteem the more likelihood there is of getting obsessed with celebs.

After having worked with die hard fans for over a decade on a daily base I have come to the conclusion that these people indeed have self-esteem issues. No offense meant, I'm just sharing my personal observations and experience.
  • I admit I don't know much about Lee Harvey Oswald, nor about the one who killed Lennon, but as far as my general knowledge goes yes, I tend to think that someone who shots a celebrity (it goes for any other human being) for any reason, is insane.

I haven't researched the Lennon assassination but I did research the JFK assassination and the Kennedys for over two decades. Lee Harvey Oswald did not kill JFK. Oswald was the fall guy.
    I don't put the stamp on any of them, I just say what I think and at the same time I admitted I don't know too many details. I gave the example as to explain that there are, indeed, mentally ill people, just like these stalkers of Michael and like there must be many others. Just because sane people can't understand their behaviour doesn't mean they don't actually exist, unfortunately.

Anna, please take my advice and read up on the assassinations and their alleged killers before calling them "the crazy ones". Although admitting that you don't know much about them, you based your opinion on the info TPTB provided you with, which is what they want you to think and believe. While you read up on the JFK assassination you will also stumble upon the assassination of RFK, which leads you to the discovery of another fall guy - Sirhan Sirhan.
    I see it different. I think it's a matter of longing for the ideal man/woman, the perfect one, and the celebs are promoted with this ideal image, even if they are people like all of us.

Some of us want to touch the stars in the sky don't we <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> ? Because seems that touching the stars could bring us the supreme happiness.

So it's for selfish reasons, like it was said before. I wanna touch you because this makes me happy, I don't care if it makes you happy or not. Selfish....
  • watching this whole thing makes me more nervous for paris than anything else. the mom in me <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I see it different. I think it's a matter of longing for the ideal man/woman, the perfect one, and the celebs are promoted with this ideal image, even if they are people like all of us.

Some of us want to touch the stars in the sky don't we <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> ? Because seems that touching the stars could bring us the supreme happiness.

So it's for selfish reasons, like it was said before. I wanna touch you because this makes me happy, I don't care if it makes you happy or not. Selfish....

How can that make you happy? I sincerely don't understand. Having a relationship with a celeb is IMO less easy and more complicated, so how would that make you happier? I must be from another planet...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• I see it different. I think it's a matter of longing for the ideal man/woman, the perfect one, and the celebs are promoted with this ideal image, even if they are people like all of us.

"Longing for the ideal man/woman" means that one is not not happy with its own self, in other words having a self-esteem issue.

Overestimating others is based on, or will easily lead to, underestimating oneself.

Selfishness is a completely different issue.
  • In keeping with my thoughts about re-education and how people interact with high profile celebrities in particular, there was an excellent snippet of video doing the rounds showing MJ interacting with "normal" admirers and then "sweet" Mike telling off one of his "stalker fans" who we'll call "T". It was taken a few years ago and he was out shopping with Paris. As they walked along he was saying hello to people and shaking the odd hand here and there, however, he was being 'tagged' by one of the group of annoying stalkers that made his life hell. At one point he turned to "T" and said : "BACK OFF, don't come any closer"...... it's pure MJ gold showing that everyone has a limit and he had reached his. The sad part is that this group with their parasite behaviour didn't learn their lesson and kept on following him around relentlessly right up until his 'disappearance'. The absolute epitome of disrespect came after his "death" when they fabricated lies about 'how close' they were to him and then set about producing the exquisite photo-shopped pictures as if to prove it. Even IF the hoax was purely only to 'escape' this torment and keep his kids safe from these stalkers, I wouldn't blame him at all !!

Isn't that that group that Karen Faye is defending?
    Yeah...................... who are we going to beLIEve........KF or MJ !!

Well Karen is not really very trustworthy, most certainly not after her behavior of the past 16 months. I have never seen that video or hear him say that about a certain group of 'fans', so I can't say I believe him either, merely because I haven't seen him state his opinion about them. That said I must also say it wouldn't surprise me at all, when I see the behaviour of some of those 'fans' and the past year-and-a-half I have learned people would do anything and say anything to make others believe they were a part of his life, one way or another. I laugh the hardest about his alleged 'girlfriends' and their fantasy stories. Some e-mail and send me messages that I MUST give them his cellphone number or e-mail address (like I have that kind of information <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> ) because they have something very important to say to him and that they are mad that he just left them. I wish I was joking, but I'm really not... Some truly are insane.

The video I'm referring to could still be on youtube if you search for something like MJ and Paris 2007, or Paris Jackson birthday 2007. You'll know you have the right one if you SEE the stalker "T" in red following like she's his shadow....LOL, although it's no laughing matter. No wonder he called the two main stalkers 'flea' and 'tick'......!!

Is this the video you mean? "T" being the mosquito on his left with the sleeveless thingy? Maybe you can help me understand since I never understood this kind of idolizing and behaviour... What does she think she will accomplish with this? If he clearly is annoyed with her, she must feel that. Why still follow him when she knows he doesn't like it? Is it a mental disorder on her side thinking she is or can become Mrs Jackson if she just tries hard enough? Does she think he will change his mind about her eventually and fall in love with her demanding personality? Is she just annoying him BECAUSE she can't have him? Makes me think of Stephen King's Misery...
    Sorry, but I am really a dummy on this, I simply don't understand...

[youtube:26i8ar9y]

Yes......................annoying is an understatement. This group has made an absolute utter nuisance of themselves over the years, staking out his house, following him wherever. You name it, they've done it. I wouldn't beLIEve a word they say and it's entirely possible that MJ fed them info such as being "overworked" and 'fragile" to hoax them aswell while they were stalking him at the rehearsals. Hoaxing them aswell will bring them undone and shine a light on their LIES. I bet their subsequent behaviour after his 'death' did not surprise him at all as he knows exactly what they're like........ rub MJ up the wrong way and he gets madder than a rattlesnake !!
    watching this whole thing makes me more nervous for paris than anything else. the mom in me <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I agree....................... stalker behaviour can pose a serious threat and any parent would not take kindly to it.

How can that make you happy? I sincerely don't understand. Having a relationship with a celeb is IMO less easy and more complicated, so how would that make you happier? I must be from another planet...

Maybe I should have used the quotation marks <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

It's just an illusion of happiness. We are all looking for happiness, don't we? And sometimes we have wrong ideas of what we think would make us happy.
    I think that if we actually come to get the object or person we imagine we want - we come to see is was all an illusion. But since we can't get there with the celebs we keep longing for it and imagining it. Maybe that's the whole "science" after all - they keep us dreaming, and some of us are victims of this "dreams machine" ...
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    These people don't love Michael they love fame and money that is all.

Maybe I should have used the quotation marks <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

It's just an illusion of happiness. We are all looking for happiness, don't we? And sometimes we have wrong ideas of what we think would make us happy.
    I think that if we actually come to get the object or person we imagine we want - we come to see is was all an illusion. But since we can't get there with the celebs we keep longing for it and imagining it. Maybe that's the whole "science" after all - they keep us dreaming, and some of us are victims of this "dreams machine" ...

I must be from a different planet then. But I get what you mean.

"Longing for the ideal man/woman" means that one is not not happy with its own self, in other words having a self-esteem issue.

Overestimating others is based on, or will easily lead to, underestimating oneself.

Selfishness is a completely different issue.

Well, the way I see it might seem strange to others <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Since the duality of the universe is all around us, I believe in this universe every creature or object is "looking for" the other creature or object that makes him a WHOLE, like it was before the universe was born. Maybe we don't aknowledge this, but I think in our subconciousness we all look for it.
    So we need to find the one (man/woman) who makes us WHOLE. The fact that so many of us think Michael is they lost half (amazing how MANY are out there who think it) is just amazing and I think it's an illusion anyway.
    In a way yes, it's about something that's missing ....
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> wow <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

That was a passive agressive stalk <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> for a second I thought that she was Pari´s nanny. The security guards did not tell her anything. I thougt she was part of the pack.

Sorry, who is "T", why don´t you say her name? I mean, who are flea and tic? I understood that "T" is the girl in red.

Michael is kind to fans. IDK, may be is a cultural clash.

[youtube:3jycb4td]
  • :shock: wow <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

That was a passive agressive stalk <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> for a second I thought that she was Pari´s nanny. The security guards did not tell her anything. I thougt she was part of the pack.

Sorry, who is "T", why don´t you say her name? I mean, who are flea and tic? I understood that "T" is the girl in red.

Michael is kind to fans. IDK, may be is a cultural clash.

[youtube:1m0fw0fx]

This group are "stalker fans"........ see my previous post a few Up in reply to Souza's
    It would be explained more easy than you could dig. It is simply a mental disorder. Some people are born with altered chromosoms. Have in mind the crazy one who killed Lennon.

We don´t know "T" mental status so we can´t diagnose her.
    Apparently, by her actions, this quote by Sarahli fits her more imo <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

• Celebrity adulation is often tied to self-esteem issues. The lower the self-esteem the more likelihood there is of getting obsessed with celebs.

After having worked with die hard fans for over a decade on a daily base I have come to the conclusion that these people indeed have self-esteem issues. No offense meant, I'm just sharing my personal observations and experience.

I agree, I have also seen this first hand and it is about self esteem, it is about a FEAR of facing their own reality, they want to be somebody they are not, they create a new virtual life.
    You find that those people very often are totally unable to walk-out of their virtual life, they make themselves prisoners of their "dreams" and when somebody eventually manage to wake them up, they usually feel some relief in getting their own life back.

Whilst I totally understand and have compassion for the celebrities who are enduring this type of behaviour, I also see how those WEAK individuals would take any positive behaviour (e.g. A hug, getting them a chinese take away, Home invitation, wearing clothes they made....etc) from the celebrity as a re-inforcement of their own behaviour!

So "Re-education" Yes but let's think about it from a cause and effect perspective and not only from the perspective of "I am celebrity... get them out of here!"

With L.O.V.E
    This group are "stalker fans"........ see my previous post a few Up in reply to Souza's

I read that post. Do I understand that the "stalkers" were hunting him since years back?

Now my question is: how come that Michael did not put a solution earlier?

I think that I am not understanding why now the subject of "tic" and "flea" is now being mentioned. To be honest, I need some links to "tic" and "flea" to at least read their opinions or see more pics in order for me to have an opinion about them or their behaviour towards Michael.
    So far, I only saw that video with "T" dressing in red and my first impression was that she could be a nanny or the P.A of Michael.

@Mo, you express yourself as sociologists do <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    @TheRunningGirl,

Seems that I am a bit slow this morning (my bad, I have a cold). Can you be so kind to explain to me in other words what you meant with:So "Re-education" Yes but let's think about it from a cause and effect perspective and not only from the perspective of "I am celebrity... get them out of here!"

Thanks <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> *aaaattttssccchuuuuuuuúuuuuuu**aaahhh, an alien...*
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265

We don´t know "T" mental status so we can´t diagnose her.
    Apparently, by her actions, this quote by Sarahli fits her more imo <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Thank you my dear <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> I also thought that maybe to say that people have mental disorders is...well we cannot diagnose as you said...they are responsible of their behaviour and don't even realize how ridiculous they are, I feel sorry for that girl. I am quite sure that they are attracted by the Iconic name "Michael Jackson" and what it can represent (fame and money etc;) and surely not by Michael the person....they don't show respect for him.

Also I think that there are different "levels" in the level of annoyance/disturbance some fans can create towards Michael. But to live that on a daily basis surely diminishes the ability to cope with it and maybe that from Michael perspective that girl went already way too far. Everyone (fans) want a piece of Michael Jackson but it is not possible. If they considered him just as a human being like you and me things woud be ok. They kind of live in a parallel world they have created in their minds, they live for/by the illusion and have no boundaries, respect doesn't mean anything to them their like in a trance...
    I bet their subsequent behaviour after his 'death' did not surprise him at all as he knows exactly what they're like........ rub MJ up the wrong way and he gets madder than a rattlesnake !!

Nooooo Jackie, you have that all wrong. MJ would never get mad, he loves all of his fans <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

On a serious note: what do you think KF is doing?

• @TheRunningGirl,

Seems that I am a bit slow this morning (my bad, I have a cold). Can you be so kind to explain to me in other words what you meant with:So "Re-education" Yes but let's think about it from a cause and effect perspective and not only from the perspective of "I am celebrity... get them out of here!"

Thanks <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> *aaaattttssccchuuuuuuuúuuuuuu**aaahhh, an alien...*

Hi! Gema

This is my way to say that "it takes 2 to dance a tango!" <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Sorry! let's try again. I was saying that by showing acceptance to those fans, many times over, MJ reinforced in their unstable minds, the fact that he is accepting their behaviours. The implication is that they want more and his occasional "outbursts" do not change this. It is what I call a "Cause and effect" relationship --- all effects have got a cause, in the same way that all fires need a spark to start with ---

I hope I will not end up with a rattle snake bite! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Because it does not mean I do not have a lot of compassion for what MJ had to go through!

With L.O.V.E
  • This group are "stalker fans"........ see my previous post a few Up in reply to Souza's

I read that post. Do I understand that the "stalkers" were hunting him since years back?

Now my question is: how come that Michael did not put a solution earlier?

I think that I am not understanding why now the subject of "tic" and "flea" is now being mentioned. To be honest, I need some links to "tic" and "flea" to at least read their opinions or see more pics in order for me to have an opinion about them or their behaviour towards Michael.
    So far, I only saw that video with "T" dressing in red and my first impression was that she could be a nanny or the P.A of Michael.

@Mo, you express yourself as sociologists do <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

This group's handywork is all over the net..... they head up the non-believers , the so-called 'justice for Michael,' when they were in fact the very ones creating problems in his life. MJ called the two main ones tick and flea because they followed him everywhere like his shadow and he couldn't stand them. If you enhance the sound you'll hear him telling her to BACK OFF, yet they make out like he loved them .... yeah, tick and flea aren't terms of endearment !! However, they didn't figure on him coming back so they'll be caught out in their own LIES.
This discussion has been closed.