Michael himself says he was 9 in 1969...

mjkatemjkate Posts: 276
edited January 1970 in References & Similarities
<!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

In you tube: 1975 Dinah Shore Show- J5 interview part2.

At the beginning of part 2 Dinah says the date Aug 23 1969, and then says that the J5 performed at the Miss America pagent. Then she asked Michael how old he was then and he said he was 9. I believe this interview was when he was 15 (if he is 9 in 1969) so he is perfectly capable of knowing how old he would be in 1969.

Please see the whole interview (it's in the video section) I cannot believe that he so talented with the artwork! and he can dance and he can sing! I know one part is posted but don't know about them all.

Comments

• SandySandy Posts: 55
    Motown wanted that Michael lied about his age. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    So Michael Joe Jackson was born on january 1960??? i can´t watch the video but if this is true then Souza theory about the age is true and we have proof that our MJ didn´t die on june 25th!!! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • So Michael Joe Jackson was born on january 1960??? i can´t watch the video but if this is true then Souza theory about the age is true and we have proof that our MJ didn´t die on june 25th!!! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

That's what I was thinking too.
    No. Michael Joe Jackson was born in august 1958. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    No. Michael Joe Jackson was born in august 1958. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

NO, was Michael Joseph Jackson August 29 1958 / june 25 2009 that leaves the pepsi accident in the midle (literally) of his life <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Oh. I understand. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Uh....???

Hm.
    =/
    Well that is interesting. Either he lied about being 9 (in favor of Motown, and was really 10 that year) or his b-day really is in 1960! <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->
    But then the theory of him being born in late January doesn't seem astrologically correct, IMO. <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • popisdeadpopisdead Posts: 205
    so are we meaning that michael joe jackson have a twin who died the 25th of june 2009 called michael joseph jackson? wow!!!
  • [youtube:o0t93t86]

@1:20, in the following video, Michael explains how he lied about his age and said he was 10 when he was actually 11.

[youtube:o0t93t86]

The date Dianh Shore brings up is August 23, 1969. Michael was born August 29, 1958. That means he would have been 10 and not 9 on the date mentioned. IMO this is just doing as he had been directed to do because the lie had already been told.

In these type of "interviews", the guests and their managers already know what questions are going to be asked. It is scripted and not impromptu as the show tries to suggest (though sometimes guests do get blindsided now a days). It is very likely that Michael had been "told" what to say when this question was asked as well as all the other questions posed to them all.

Also, I am finding references to this interview having been conducted on June 16, 1976 on several different sites. So what is that all about? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Uh....???

Hm.
    =/
    Well that is interesting. Either he lied about being 9 (in favor of Motown, and was really 10 that year) or his b-day really is in 1960! <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->
    But then the theory of him being born in late January doesn't seem astrologically correct, IMO. <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

He lied. Motown did it for promotional purposes. I also believe his real birthday to be Aug 29, 1958. The Pepsi accident being exactly 1/2 way between birth and death (I believe to the day, right?) has been a fact that I've been clinging to these past few months...please don't ruin it for me <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Just joking...but that coincidence is too hard to ignore unless it's just fated. Which, I guess, could happen as there is no such thing as coincidence with God.
  • Uh....???

Hm.
    =/

He lied. Motown did it for promotional purposes. I also believe his real birthday to be Aug 29, 1958. The Pepsi accident being exactly 1/2 way between birth and death (I believe to the day, right?) has been a fact that I've been clinging to these past few months...please don't ruin it for me <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Just joking...but that coincidence is too hard to ignore unless it's just fated. Which, I guess, could happen as there is no such thing as coincidence with God.

I know, right? His late August b-day seems more astrologically correct. Hm, I hadn't thought of the Pepsi incident being 1/2 between his birth and death. =] <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: -->
  • mjsgirl89mjsgirl89 Posts: 378
    Well he was still with Motown during this interview so I think he is just doing what he's been told to do since 1969...9 years old is cuter than 11 <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • He was told to lie about his age when he and his brothers signed with motown.
    Remmber back then stars was told to like about their ages and even about names.
    Maybe some of you do not know this because you are too young.
    Nothing strange about that is the way the business was ran and sometime still is.
  • Yeah I totally agree ...Michael should say he was nine ... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

but of course he's real B-day is 29th of august 1958 ...
  • I wouldn`t be so sure.

More here <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14021&start=0<!-- l -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Maybe he will not lied in the interview, remember he was a child, perhaps after they were set in error sought to correct, by the general children do not lie when asked his age, and if they say they have more.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Uh....???

Hm.
    =/

I disagree, I think him being aquarius fits very well.

I wonder how people can believe how he can lie about being dead, lie about being named Joseph and who knows what else, but there is no way on earth he might have fit his B-day to a date so that a) the Pepsi Accident would be in the exact middle of his life, b) he would have the same B-day as the guy that hoaxed his death in Gilda, c) make it easier to make fake documents and d) making it easier to protect his personal stuff. If everyone thinks he is Michael Joseph Jackson, born 8/29/1958, then no one would bother if they saw a Michael Joe Jackson, born 1/28/1960 somewhere.

Also, it's harder for kids to lie about their age, because as we all know; kids are far more honest because they answer directly without overthinking things - so to me it the 'lie about your age a year and a few months', doesn't make sense at all. All we have heard about his birthday being 8/29 was AFTER pepsi, around '87 - '88 when he left the JW's. Before that he didn't even celebrate his B-day. The thing about lying about his age was first mentioned (as far as I am concerned) in the movie 'An American Dream' in the early '90s. This hoax has been planned in the 80s, his new middle name and B-day have been introduced back then as well. They had to throw stuff in about his age back in the Motown days, so people would actually beLIEve he was born in 1958, yet they missed the fact that Katherine gets pregnant from him in 1959...

To me, him being born on 1/28/1960 makes way more sense than 8/29/1958... But of course you can try to convince me otherwise...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Uh....???

Hm.
    =/

I disagree, I think him being aquarius fits very well.

I wonder how people can believe how he can lie about being dead, lie about being named Joseph and who knows what else, but there is no way on earth he might have fit his B-day to a date so that a) the Pepsi Accident would be in the exact middle of his life, b) he would have the same B-day as the guy that hoaxed his death in Gilda, c) make it easier to make fake documents and d) making it easier to protect his personal stuff. If everyone thinks he is Michael Joseph Jackson, born 8/29/1958, then no one would bother if they saw a Michael Joe Jackson, born 1/28/1960 somewhere.

Also, it's harder for kids to lie about their age, because as we all know; kids are far more honest because they answer directly without overthinking things - so to me it the 'lie about your age a year and a few months', doesn't make sense at all. All we have heard about his birthday being 8/29 was AFTER pepsi, around '87 - '88 when he left the JW's. Before that he didn't even celebrate his B-day. The thing about lying about his age was first mentioned (as far as I am concerned) in the movie 'An American Dream' in the early '90s. This hoax has been planned in the 80s, his new middle name and B-day have been introduced back then as well. They had to throw stuff in about his age back in the Motown days, so people would actually beLIEve he was born in 1958, yet they missed the fact that Katherine gets pregnant from him in 1959...

To me, him being born on 1/28/1960 makes way more sense than 8/29/1958... But of course you can try to convince me otherwise...

Ah, it has recently been brought to my attention that the Pepsi incident had happened in the middle of his life. Someone mentioned it in the other thread. I was aware he didn't celebrate b-days until he left the JWs but did not know his b-day was mentioned after the Pepsi incident (Lolz I was born in '87 xD). It does make sense that his middle name is really Joe and that on the death certificate and in other paperwork he used "Joseph" instead. Also heard that Latoya confirmed his middle name, so I believe that.
    I saw the other thread about his age where you posted the internet people search site screenshot with the birthday listed there and the name. I was wondering did you also peg a possible time when he could have been born instead of 7:33 PM with this theory?
    I was wondering what could be the possible time cuz I wanted to put that info in the form, but I'd said it seemed astrologically off because I've plugged in MJ's August birthday (with the time of birth) into an online form on an astrology site and his reading said He had Pisces in Moon, Pisces Ascendant(Rising) which corresponds more to his personality, along with his Virgo Sun personality. (I even looked up already-done charts on other sites).
    I compared that to the birthday from the list you posted on the other thread, without the birthtime (rising sign info) and came up with Moon in Aquarius which is similar to his personality but not as much as the Pisces placement and then the Aquarius Sun not as similar as the Virgo Sun placement. The Virgo Sun/Pisces Moon and Rising seems more of a match.
    But then again I could be looking at this from a fan's perspective; <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> it's true that we, as fans and appreciators don't know him personally cuz we have never lived with him; we only know what we have read and watched from books, memoirs and videos and I'm going on that basis. I do want to keep an open mind about your theory, tho. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • @Souza
    I forgot to ask, is it possible for his birth time to be 7: 33 PM as well?

• I disagree, I think him being aquarius fits very well.

Very interesting. I read pieces of this in different posts that you and others posted but seeing it all together does make one compelling argument.
  • I wonder how people can believe how he can lie about being dead, lie about being named Joseph and who knows what else, but there is no way on earth he might have fit his B-day to a date so that a) the Pepsi Accident would be in the exact middle of his life, b) he would have the same B-day as the guy that hoaxed his death in Gilda, c) make it easier to make fake documents and d) making it easier to protect his personal stuff. If everyone thinks he is Michael Joseph Jackson, born 8/29/1958, then no one would bother if they saw a Michael Joe Jackson, born 1/28/1960 somewhere.

Oh yeah, I meant to ask about that; I didn't know that dude from Gilda's b-day is January 28, 1960? For realz? <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    @Souza
    I forgot to ask, is it possible for his birth time to be 7: 33 PM as well?

Taj tweeted that 7:33 pm was his B-time. He said that Katherine got that from the BC, but who says that is true?? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> As far as I have seen, most fans thought it was 12:18 pm (if I recall that rightly), so maybe 7:33 pm is the real time. So I have no clue...

And you said it well, you are looking from a fan's perspective. Only those close to him really know him. As I watched all this the past year, I think aquarius is a fine fit.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Oh yeah, I meant to ask about that; I didn't know that dude from Gilda's b-day is January 28, 1960? For realz? <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

No, 8/29/1899. That is why he might have changed his known B-day to 8/29, because that guy hoaxed his death as well.

• I wonder how people can believe how he can lie about being dead, lie about being named Joseph and who knows what else, but there is no way on earth he might have fit his B-day to a date so that a) the Pepsi Accident would be in the exact middle of his life, b) he would have the same B-day as the guy that hoaxed his death in Gilda, c) make it easier to make fake documents and d) making it easier to protect his personal stuff. If everyone thinks he is Michael Joseph Jackson, born 8/29/1958, then no one would bother if they saw a Michael Joe Jackson, born 1/28/1960 somewhere.

No the guy in the films bday is August 29th, which makes a lot of sense if Mike were to choose his own birthday to tell everyone...because the guy in the film fakes his death <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> And having a birthday of August 29th, 1958 puts the pepsi accident EXACTLY in the middle of his life. Sounds planned to me...

No the guy in the films bday is August 29th, which makes a lot of sense if Mike were to choose his own birthday to tell everyone...because the guy in the film fakes his death <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> And having a birthday of August 29th, 1958 puts the pepsi accident EXACTLY in the middle of his life. Sounds planned to me...

Yup... We could of course try to calculate the chance that this is all coincidence... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->