Family move to Devon UK 2008 story

MinukMinuk Posts: 1
edited January 1970 in References & Similarities
I'm posting in the 'family' section because this is about the family. If it's in the wrong place, sorry.

Ok, so I've always loves MJ's music, but I wouldn't say I'm a hardened fanatic, but I stumbled across a load of videos on Youtube regarding inconsistencies, and I have to say there's some pretty strange stuff. Then something popped into my mind, which may or may not have come up on this board before. If it has I apologise.

I live in Devon UK. In 2008 massive excitement broke out here, and the story hit the news that the Jackson family were looking at properties in the North Devon area. Just google 'Jacksons move to Devon' and it was all over the nationals. At the time I thought 'ooh that would be good', but didn't give it much more thought, but then it all went a bit odd. One minute there was almost feverish excitement here. The next it was announced it was a 'hoax' by channel 4, and they were not moving here at all, though it seems they are regular visitors to this part of the world. One minute it was all over the news. Then nothing. It was a little strange, but like I said I didn't give it much thought.

This end of the UK is packed with isolated properties and small villages, where it's easy to 'disappear'. People here are very laid back and pretty much just accept new people at face value...

The question is what would the face look like now, and would anyone here look that closely? Probably not, as I said we take people at face value.

Is it possible that if MJ is still alive, that purchase of a property in this part of the world went ahead, and now MJ is happily mixing with simple country folk? Is it possible that the reason there was feverish excitement one minute, and a total denial the next, because *this* was already in the pipeline and cover had been blown? Is it possible that after approx 2 years the *rumour* would be almost forgotten, then it would be 'safe', because once one rumour had been labelled a 'hoax' another would most likely be ignored by everyone?

I could be barking up the wrong tree totally, but it was just a thought that occurred that I thought I'd share.