Michael Jackson Song 'Thriller' Movie???

Neverland110Neverland110 Posts: 49
edited January 1970 in News
Michael Jackson Song 'Thriller' In Center Of Pic Auction
By MIKE FLEMING | Tuesday October 26, 2010 @ 6:00pm EDTTags: GK Films, GK Films Thriller, Jeremy Garelick, Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson Thriller, Movie Deals, Movies, Real Effects Entertainment, Rod Temperton, Thriller, Thriller Movie Auction, Thriller Movie Deal
Comments (10) Email This | Print This | Bookmark and Share

EXCLUSIVE: Michael Jackson, who reportedly earned $275 million posthumously over the past year for his estate, isn't slowing down anytime soon. I'm told that GK Films is in active negotiations to acquire a package for a film that is being fashioned around his groundbreaking hit song Thriller. The film, which has been quietly shopped over the past several weeks by Real Effects Entertainment, has Kenny Ortega attached to direct, and The Hangover scribe Jeremy Garelick to write the screenplay. While GK is in the driver's seat, I'm told that Fox 2000, Mandate/Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment are all in the mix on what will shape up as a pricey rights deal, but which will turn out to be a film budgeted at under $50 million. Plot is being kept under wraps but I understand it has to do with the song's folklore, involving Vincent Price and the town he grew up in. All of this deal making is subject to a deal being completed with Jackson's estate, but that has been in the works for some time and is expected to be sealed. Thriller songwriter Rod Temperton is also in the mix. On top of the Thriller deal, I've heard that Cirque du Soleil is in talks to do two live shows based on Jackson's music, and that Montecito partners Ivan Reitman and Tom Pollock are looking to do a feature about Jackson's younger years.

There is symmetry to GK in that the deal is being spearheaded by GK Films president Peter Schlessel. While at Sony Pictures Entertainment, Schlessel made the deal for This Is It!, the feature film that Ortega directed which used rehearsal footage from what was expected to be Jackson's farewell tour. That film was profitable for SPE, and it is likely that GK Films will distribute Thriller through its SPE output deal. UTA reps Garelick and Reel Effects, while Paradigm reps Ortega.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/michael-jackson-song-thriller-in-center-of-pic-auction/#more-79039

I just received my google alert email for today, and this was the third link. Peter Schlessel worked on This Is It, and now this, and Kenny Ortega too!!! Please let this really be true!!!

Comments

• <!-- m -->http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-po ... ller-21997<!-- m -->

Hollywood Hot for Movie Based on Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'
    By Jeff Sneider
    Published: October 26, 2010 @ 7:35 pm

Graham King's GK Films is in active negotiations to acquire a package for a film based on Michael Jackson's hit song "Thriller," reports Deadline.

Kenny Ortega ("High School Musical") is attached to direct from a script by Jeremy Garelick ("The Hangover").

Fox 2000, Summit Entertainment and Lionsgate/Mandate are also in the mix, but according to Deadline, King's company has the inside track.

Real Effects Entertainment has spent the last few weeks quietly shopping the project, which will likely be budgeted at under $50 million dollars -- a relatively small price to pay for a high-concept movie fashioned from one of the best-known songs of all-time.

Plot details are being kept under wraps but it the story reportedly deals with the song's folklore, which involves Vincent Price and the town he grew up in.

Jackson's estate still has to sign off on the project, but that's not expected to jeopardize the completion of the deal, which also includes "Thriller" songwriter Rod Temperton.

Additionally, Deadline reports that Montecito partners Ivan Reitman and Tom Pollock are interesting in making a movie that deals with Jackson's early years, while Cirque du Soleil is in talks to do not one but two live shows based on Jackson's music.
  • <!-- m -->http://www.thewrap.com/deal-central/art ... sion-10371<!-- m -->

Graham King Launches TV Division
    By Wrap Staff
    Published: November 18, 2009 @ 3:05 pm

Graham King’s GK Films has launched GK-TV, a division dedicated to the development, production and worldwide distribution of television programming.

Former Lionsgate executive Craig Cegielski has been named president of GK-TV and will oversee it from the company's Santa Monica office. He'll report to King.

GK-TV aims to build on GK Films' creative relationships to provide creative development, production, including co-productions with domestic and international broadcasters, and worldwide distribution of original programming.

“This is the next logical step for us," King said in a statement. "We see great growth potential in television and are excited to be expanding into this arena. Craig is one of the top television executives in the business and with access to some of the best material, we see the launch of GK-TV as the perfect expansion.”

Cegielski most recently was Lionsgate's executive VP of programming and sales, international TV.

Before joining Lionsgate, he worked for CBS/King World International, specializing in local production and programming, and in the co-production division of Paramount International Television.
  • Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
    Sorry if allready posted..

Michael Jackson’s THRILLER to be reinvented as a feature film

Deadline has revealed that director Kenny Oretega (of THIS IS IT) will be taking on the ambitious directorial role for a feature length film based on Michael Jackson’s THRILLER. It is also rumoured that THE HANGOVER’S Jeremy Garelick is attached to write the project.

With the creator of THE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL on board, it seems unlikely that the film with have the grindhouse flair of the 1983 14 minute THRILLER epic. Isn’t the fact that THRILLER is only 14 minutes long what gives it the haunting presence it still holds today? Every year there is at least one giant flash-mob dedicated to the song, in fact, there was one in San Diego last week where all the 400 demi-zombies rocked the Del Mar county fair. A feature film just seems superfluous, it seems unlikely that it will preserve the integrity of the music video.

GK films own the rights to shoot THRILLER and have estimated that it will run at a cost of $50 million. GK told Deadline that the film would “expand the films folklore” (either that or destroy its legacy-lets just hope they don’t cast Zac Efron to play Michael.)

The sad irony of all this is, had Michael lived, the royalities from the film would have provided the debt bailout he was hoping for with the 02 arena tours.

No CGI zombies please Ortega.

<!-- m -->http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2010/10 ... ture-film/<!-- m -->
  • Could this be "it"??? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> Could this be really it - what we've been waiting for??? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • Here we go <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> KO continues working with MJ <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

We are ready for zombies <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->, not only because soon it is Halloween, but also because it turned out to be a sort of hype. Very soon, a new television show called The Walking Dead will start. To promote the show, events have been taking place around the world, watch link: <!-- m -->http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11633589<!-- m -->
    I won't be surprised if Michael has a part in this show too... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Coming To A Theatre Near You; “Thriller” The Movie

jackson.jpg

The day after it was announced that Michael Jackson made $275 million after his death, it looks like they found a way to make another quarter of a billion dollars; make a movie out of “Thriller” from MJ.

There is a bidding war for the movie and Kenny Ortega, the man behind “This Is It” is set to direct it. The budget would be over $50 million dollars to cast the movie and for designs. It will be set in the town Vincent Price grew up in and start from there.

The Michael Jackson Estate has yet to sign off on it but it looks like they 100% percent will.

What do YOU think of a Thriller movie?-Dr.FB

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 at 10:31 am.

<!-- m -->http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2010/10/27 ... the-movie/<!-- m -->
  • I think we are in the movie right now <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Yes, WE ARE <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> but the rest of the world (I mean Non-Believers) need to "go to the theatre" to see the movie... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    If they only knew... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • WOW im so happy to hear this movie this site was the first place i heard the words THRILLER 2 and not for one minute did i think it would happen how without michael ? but here it comes i trust in you all and thankyou for makin me beLIEve x
  • CameronCameron Posts: 956
    This is it > TII > Thriller II. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Maybe this will be the movie he's doing right now <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Oh I really hope so!
  • Here we gooooooo <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Its close to midnight...and something evils lerking in the dark <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Michael is the director of Thriller <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    WOHOOOOOOOOO THRILLER is coming!!!! I wonder if this is really going to happen or if this is a clue about the REAL LIFE THRILLER that we've been talking about. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> If this is really going to happen we have 3 options.

1-Michael is going to DIRECT the film with Kenny like he did in TII.
    2-Michael is going to act as zombie Michael in the new Thriller movie.

or

3-Both. He's going to direct and act his role in the film.

I'm so excited about this. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • OMG!!!
    YESSSSS!!!!

This Is It...THRILLER II!
    we are already living a thriller though <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
    Thriller Movie is Not a Certainty Source: EW October 30, 2010

Earlier this week, news spread like a wildfire that Kenny Ortega (This Is It) was going to direct a feature film version of Michael Jackson's Thriller. Jeremy Garelick of The Hangover is scripting and, sure, the news seemed like something you could put faith in considering Ortega's working relationship with the late pop star.

But Ortega is saying the announcement broke prematurely.

"It got put out there before I've even really had a chance to think about it too much," he tells Entertainment Weekly. "It is still in very, very early stages of development. The [Michael Jackson] estate would have to sign off on it. I have been a part of some early creative meetings and if all goes well, I think it could happen in the next couple of years."

So, there you have it. There's a bit of perspective for you, just in case you were either really jazzed to see a feature-length Thriller or just really pissed off.

<!-- m -->http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/to ... p?id=17037<!-- m -->
  • well if thriller happens (hope it dose) wat if it was the movie tat we in now mabye it has us in tis movie and every 1 find out tat mj is alive us plus the non belivers u know
  • LilouLilou Posts: 319
    As awlays,we have to wait and see <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

"To fans who may worry that turning the late King of Pop's greatest hits into a film might ruin one of Jackson's creations, Ortega tells the magazine,: " We were very good friends. I miss him. And I would never do anything to ruin his memory or one of his creations. But like I said, it is so early, so who knows what will materialize?”

<!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    This new Thriller movie is supposed to be in 3D. Has anyone ever noticed in the original Thriller video, after Michael and Ola come out of the theater - there is a movie poster behind them, that says 3D.. It's for the movie House of Wax but still, 3D is right there. It's around the 4:30 mark

[youtube:1utt880s]
  • This new Thriller movie is supposed to be in 3D. Has anyone ever noticed in the original Thriller video, after Michael and Ola come out of the theater - there is a movie poster behind them, that says 3D.. It's for the movie House of Wax but still, 3D is right there. It's around the 4:30 mark

[youtube:2mdpjukf]

yes i did notice it but thank you

L.O.V.E <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->