Problems

reasonables+luvs+MJreasonables+luvs+MJ Posts: 916
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
Hi all beLIEvers! My ""step-dad"" is the most laziest person I have ever met. Out of 5 years, I think I have only seen him wash dises like 3 times. IN FIVE YEARS... THREE TIMES. A few weeks ago, I asked him, "Why don't you ever wash dishes", and he said, "I don't like to get my fingers all wrinkly." <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> A 6'1'' /hillbilly/ that weighs 315 (yeah, there's a lot of overweight people in my family... including me) pounds says that he doesn't like to wash dishes because he doesn't want to get his fingers all wrinkly. I felt like kicking him in the back of his head.

Any suggestions on what should I do?

(btw, don't say "Don't wash the dishes" because I tried that and it doesn't work. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> )

Comments

• <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Well get him to wear rubber gloves and tell him something like "If you don't wash the dishes you cant eat for the day" LOL.

Nah, I'm just kidding about that last one. Well why doesn't everyone in your family get assigned a day to do the dishes, for instance you could do it on Mondays or something and he can do it on Tuesday's. Depending how many are in your family and if there are extra days just share them out.

Hope that helped and getting him to wear rubber gloves will make sure his hands don't get wrinkly <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> .
  • ni-co-leni-co-le Posts: 535
    hi, you could ask santa for a dishwasher maybe <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> i did get myself a dishwasher for mothersday 14 years ago and it still works <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> OMG I'm sorry to say but he is SAD, what a joker! That's one sorry excuse! Show him the door!
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Make him eat on disposable paper plates and use plastic cups and cutlerly....and then see how he likes that. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I don't have any specific answers for you. Could you talk to your Mom about it? Are there others who can share the work so you aren't left to cope with it yourself?
    If all else fails, know that circumstances change and one day you might go off to college or be old enough to move, so patience. What about a dishwashing machine. They don't cost a great amount. Talk to your Mom and Dad about it. Plant that suggestion in their thinking but do it graciously and sweetly. Who knows...that seed thought might take root and grow. Especially as your stepfather is so adverse to a scourer and tea towel.