Authoritarian Capitalism - The American Prison System

trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
I am not sure if this should be in the NWO section so admins/mods please move if you see fit.

This shocked me so I had to share.

Where are 1%of Americans and has the slave trade been recreated?

Excuse the jokes about America..it is not my choice.

[youtube:1tybzxue]

Comments

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Hmmm, that video has some interesting info. I never thought of prison as a "slave trade" but that does appear to be what it is, especially with hearing of those Americans who got 25 year sentences for petty theft...because they had two strikes against them before. How is that right in any way?

Now that I think about it, the desk in my office was made by Corcan...which is Corrections Canada - prisoners.
  • Wow. It makes sense that EVERYTHING is illegal here... They don't want us to succeed and be happy. Hmm reminds me of a song...and it's ORIGINAL video set in a prison that was BANNED in the U.S. What's that tell ya?

[youtube:2f21pf3d]
    Something else that made me think from the video trublu posted: "1 in 30 men, aged 20-34 is behind bars, but for black males, that's one in nine. There are more 17 year old black people in jail than in college". <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    It's almost as though slavery wasn't abolished, just re-classified.

And Jaci - I had actually forgotten the prison version was banned in the U.S. as I live in Canada and it was played here a lot when it came out. Makes a lot of sense - they didn't want Americans to see it.
  • Something else that made me think from the video trublu posted: "1 in 30 men, aged 20-34 is behind bars, but for black males, that's one in nine. There are more 17 year old black people in jail than in college". <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

And Jaci - I had actually forgotten the prison version was banned in the U.S. as I live in Canada and it was played here a lot when it came out. Makes a lot of sense - they didn't want Americans to see it.

You know, that is a really good point. Racism is still rampant in America. People say it's not, but it totally is. My cousin, who isn't racist at all, made a VERY racist comment today actually. She was in totaly shock at herself after she said it...like this <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> . She then said she didn't mean it and felt really bad. It was interesting though, the comment just came naturally - suggesting that as a society, we still think of black people being inferior.

But I take that a step further and say that we are ALL slaves and there is a group of people, a secret society, whatever you want to call it...who think of ALL of us as "inferior" and are working everyday at ensuring our enslavement. That's why so many are in prison for petty things or for things they didn't actually do. And that is why there are so many ridiulous laws, crippling our potential and sucking the quality out of life. They want to keep us in a cage but make us think we are free. "We can only be kept in cages that we cannot see".
    Something else that made me think from the video trublu posted: "1 in 30 men, aged 20-34 is behind bars, but for black males, that's one in nine. There are more 17 year old black people in jail than in college". <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

You know, that is a really good point. Racism is still rampant in America. People say it's not, but it totally is. My cousin, who isn't racist at all, made a VERY racist comment today actually. She was in totaly shock at herself after she said it...like this <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> . She then said she didn't mean it and felt really bad. It was interesting though, the comment just came naturally - suggesting that as a society, we still think of black people being inferior.

But I take that a step further and say that we are ALL slaves and there is a group of people, a secret society, whatever you want to call it...who think of ALL of us as "inferior" and are working everyday at ensuring our enslavement. That's why so many are in prison for petty things or for things they didn't actually do. And that is why there are so many ridiulous laws, crippling our potential and sucking the quality out of life. They want to keep us in a cage but make us think we are free. "We can only be kept in cages that we cannot see".

I agree Jaci, well said. "They Don't Care About Us".
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011

I agree Jaci, well said. "They Don't Care About Us".

I agree with you both.

I would go so far as to say that people from disadvantaged backgrounds are deliberately kept that way by the lack of opportunites offered to them. One of the ways to make money when you're in poverty is crime. (Bearing in mind most of these people are committing crime to make money to give themselves and their families a chance at a better life).
  • I agree with all of you.
    I also believe that prisoners in the U.S. (and other countries) don't have the right TO VOTE.
    I've read that the States has about 2 million people in jails. That's about 1 in 150.
  • it looks like he is doing a real fast sign language at 4.22
    does anyone here know sign language???????

love this video done this way
    you get to see it the way he intended it to be.