Usher says he's ready to be the new MJ

darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
<!-- m -->http://sify.com/movies/usher-says-he-s- ... jiged.html<!-- m -->

Usher says he's ready to be the new MJ

2010-11-29 17:10:00

Usher has revealed that he is under pressure to be the new Michael Jackson but insists he's ready to take the challenge.

The 'Pop Ya Collar' singer says he feels there is something missing in the music world following the 'Thriller' star's tragic death last June but he is happy to fulfill the void.

"You know, we lost Michael Jackson. A lot of pressure is on me and I don't mind taking it," Contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.

In a bid to become like Jackson, Usher is planning a spectacular tour next year and says it's something the 'King of Pop' himself would have been proud of.

"I wanted to make sure that you get that type of experience that leaves you saying, 'OMG'," he told the Daily Star newspaper.

"The impression that I would like to leave is that this guy is really stepping it up to a level where people can hopefully compare me to people like Michael Jackson.

"I basically tear myself apart emotionally, energetically, connecting with you and making sure that you enjoy this moment," he said.

Jackson died of acute Propofol intoxication aged 50 in June 2009, just days before he was due to start a historic 50-night residency at London's O2 Arena. (ANI)

Comments

• What an idiot..

Obviously, he wants to get attention
  • I'm ready to be the next Madonna too !

<!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • I just don't understand why anyone thinks there needs to be "the next Michael Jackson". Michael is an innovator from the lyrics to the beats, to the videos and everything else in between. These newer artists need to stop trying to be like him, or anyone else for that matter, and focus on being their own persons. Music is so manufactured these days that almost nothing seems unique anymore.
  • Seriously. And we are just looking for another Michael. Wow. In his dreams. And this is supposedly Michael's friend? How stupid can one be. Is world ever known another Duma, Pushkin, London, Caruso, Paganini, Piaf, Mozart, or another Elvis? How disgusting this pathetic young man. Let' tweet him as a reminder that NO ONE WILL EVER FILL MICHAEL'S SHOES, this being said, Michael Jackson is The Only King of Pop.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    It's a slap to someone's face, if you say to them, 'You're replacable you know.' <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Usher got talent but he will never be the next MJ. Sorry Usher. MJ already served Usher at the 2001 anniversary concert. He was trying to glide like MJ but MJ showed him what's up. He's like step aside youngster. These artist just need to be themselves and stick to what they know best. I hate when people compare legends to the newer generation artist.
  • Full of yourself much, Usher?
  • Did he really say that?? How pathetic...and I was going to buy his CD, not anymore!

We don't need another MJ..do you remember what LaToya said when asked about who she thinks could "replace" MJ (or something in that sense) and she replied: "there might not be such need". LOL, indeed <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • chappiechappie Posts: 529
    Is this on video?
    If not dont believe what you read.
  • Is this on video?
    If not dont believe what you read.

Absolutely...needs to be checked, it doesn't sound like Usher..but you never know, I get the feeling he's overly self-confident lately <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • I get the feeling he's overly self-confident lately

Me too.. it's almost like.. now that the real threat is 'gone'..people will notice him... HA!
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    I have always thought that Usher is just a hypocrite, it was obvious for me that he has always wanted to take Michael's place pretending to be his friend and fan he wanted to gain MJ's fans' love and attention in that way,i'm really sorry for him, he is just an unrealistic dreamer.MJ's fans will never ever let anyone else take Michael's crown, never! well, i think he can be another king of pop only in his dreams. Robby Williams, Justin Bieber, and now Usher, whose next!? they really suck!
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Ohhhhhhh pleeeeeeeeease!

There will never be anyone like MJ, so don't patronize the fans by even using your name in the same sentence....

Get your own planet Usher.. This ones already named MJEarth.
  • LavdHimLavdHim Posts: 352
    If this is true ,
    Usher really disgusting me !
    What a friend he is ! He is like stabbing michael in the back
    Really, i'm really sorry for michael to have friend like him <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
    michael is too kind that always make people took him for granted <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> " OMG.....O O O O O O O O O Oh My God" <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    Seems like such a completely ridiculous statement that there must be something behind it. Is it yet another publicity stunt to keep MJ's name in the forefront? I don't really know anything about Usher other than a limited exposure to his music. But he was at the memorial. Perhaps he has a larger role in things than we are aware of. Or he could just have an inflated ego and a poor sense of appropriateness.
  • Ohhhhhhh pleeeeeeeeease!

There will never be anyone like MJ, so don't patronize the fans by even using your name in the same sentence....

Get your own planet Usher.. This ones already named MJEarth.

Yeah! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I had to work his concert at a venue I work about 2 weeks ago and let me tell you he does think he is Michael he wore black and red and fedoras and he goes check this out and all of a sudden he has on glitter socks on and starts dancing he is in the illuminati he was flashing symbols at his concert
  • SanitySanity Posts: 81
    There is no "new Michael Jackson." People are ignorant, careless, tactless...want me to continue? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    Seems like such a completely ridiculous statement that there must be something behind it. Is it yet another publicity stunt to keep MJ's name in the forefront? I don't really know anything about Usher other than a limited exposure to his music. But he was at the memorial. Perhaps he has a larger role in things than we are aware of. Or he could just have an inflated ego and a poor sense of appropriateness.

I agree...Usher never struck me as someone this vain. He idolized Michael...and to make the statement he could BE the next Michael seems off tilt <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

What's next? a war between Usher and Chris Brown as to who will be the next "Michael" 8-)

Just like when Will.I.Am and Akon went "toe-to-toe" over Michael's music.....this must be a publicity stunt by Usher....it's too ridiculous and obvious to be otherwise. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    I just don't understand why anyone thinks there needs to be "the next Michael Jackson". Michael is an innovator from the lyrics to the beats, to the videos and everything else in between. These newer artists need to stop trying to be like him, or anyone else for that matter, and focus on being their own persons. Music is so manufactured these days that almost nothing seems unique anymore.

I agree, there will never be another Michael Jackson and no one will ever be able to fill his shoes no matter how hard they try. Artist's need to be themselves and strive for their own uniqueness because any imitation of MJ is going to be just that - an imitation. There is nothing wrong with being inspired by someone else but don't try to be that person. Someone who is genuinely talented should be able to make their own impact.
  • Seems like such a completely ridiculous statement that there must be something behind it. Is it yet another publicity stunt to keep MJ's name in the forefront? I don't really know anything about Usher other than a limited exposure to his music. But he was at the memorial. Perhaps he has a larger role in things than we are aware of. Or he could just have an inflated ego and a poor sense of appropriateness.

Agree with you. Usher would not say that he can be the next MJ..MJ was more than just a great entertainer and those are shoes that will sad to say will never be filled completely...they would need a pure soul for # 1 <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • We don't need a new Michael Jackson.....we just need Michael Jackson!

There will never be another Michael Jackson, no matter how hard people try to dance like him, sing like him, be like him. Usher always looks too stiff and dances too heavy to even come close to Michael's amazing, gliding, angel like, and beat driven moves.

Usher....you may rock, but you will never be like the King of Pop! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • ValoValo Posts: 14
    We don't need a new Michael Jackson.....we just need Michael Jackson!

There will never be another Michael Jackson, no matter how hard people try to dance like him, sing like him, be like him. Usher always looks too stiff and dances too heavy to even come close to Michael's amazing, gliding, angel like, and beat driven moves.

Usher....you may rock, but you will never be like the King of Pop! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Jep, sorry Usher. Keep on dreaming if you want.