Discussion about the album cover of 'Michael'

Comments

• anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    Marlon's twin brother, or what seems to be, has a halo over his head.

You are right! Thanks for pointing that out. I never noticed that before.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Also,
    Don't you find it weird that they would include Marlon's twin as a grown kid? Maybe I am the only one that thinks it's weird?
    It is.

Strange... Does anyone have a HQ picture of the complete artwork? Or is it already posted and did I miss it?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Also,
    Don't you find it weird that they would include Marlon's twin as a grown kid? Maybe I am the only one that thinks it's weird?
    It is.

Strange... Does anyone have a HQ picture of the complete artwork? Or is it already posted and did I miss it?

The link I posted above is pretty clear. Or are you looking for an even clearer picture?
  • What's the significance of the peacock feathers?

" The Cauda Pavonis, or Peacock's Tail, is an intriguing and significant stage in the Alchemical work. It is said to be the 'anouncement of the completion of the Great Work'. This is in reference to the materia in the vessel rapidly changing many colors before the eyes of the adept and is suppossed to occur just proir to the creation of the Philosopher's Stone. Some alchemists warn against a vain sense of success when this stage is reached as it can upset the process and hence endanger the completion of the Stone. "
    source
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Brtohers: The one on the right hand side of Latoya should be the 10th one.
  • The peacock, as represented on the Destiny and Triumph artworks, and more if i remember correctly, has various connotations throughout different cultures. Not sure i'm able to translate this correctly, but from what i read in a book, in Western culture it is the bird fighting snakes and transmuting their venom into solar energy, and symbolizes renewal and resurrection.
    The peacock, as represented on the Destiny and Triumph artworks, and more if i remember correctly, has various connotations throughout different cultures. Not sure i'm able to translate this correctly, but from what i read in a book, in Western culture it is the bird fighting snakes and transmuting their venom into solar energy, and symbolizes renewal and resurrection.
    They are portrayed on the Dangerous cover too.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Yes and in the Can You Feel It video, and the Jacksons logo of that era.
    Also, there is the same quote on Destiny and Triumph LPs, about the peacock's colours:

" [...]We, like the peacock, try to integrate all races into one, through the love and power of music.
    -MJ for Peacock Productions-"
    Thank you for the info Souza and Cully!
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Also,
    It is.

Totally weird.

Perhaps it was necessary to illustrate that Michael was the 7th born child.
  • cassicassi Posts: 175
    right beside janet i see elvis, am i the only one <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    Don't see Elvis but... why is a belt wrapped around the image of retro Jackson Family from Gary Indiana. Isn't that sort of... ick... considering Joe admitted to hitting his kids with a belt to discipline them?
    on the side with lisa marie and princess diana, liza minelli, naomi campbell, janet. then ELVIS, I know i cannot be the only one seeing this, can someone please tell me how to do a screen shot.

edit: here is the pic, just click to make it big, right between janet and the globe with michael and an angel on top, there is elvis.

<!-- m -->http://www.showbiz411.com/wp/wp-content ... mural3.jpg<!-- m -->
    on the side with lisa marie and princess diana, liza minelli, naomi campbell, janet. then ELVIS, I know i cannot be the only one seeing this, can someone please tell me how to do a screen shot.

edit: here is the pic, just click to make it big, right between janet and the globe with michael and an angel on top, there is elvis.

I think you could be right!
    michaelelvis.jpg

*gasp* <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->

Oh the controversy. It's a secret hidden Elvis. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Neato!

michaelelvis.jpg

Oh the controversy. It's a secret hidden Elvis. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Neato!

i think its him hidden in almost plain sight <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Notice Elvis is being hidden behind money.

This is a big find.
  • on the side with lisa marie and princess diana, liza minelli, naomi campbell, janet. then ELVIS, I know i cannot be the only one seeing this, can someone please tell me how to do a screen shot.

michaelelvis.jpg

Wow. What a great find. Looking at this painting thru the hi res picture posted is simply amazing. If you zoom in, you can see every little detail without loss of quality. I wonder what else is hidden in it.

Was just checking for an Elvis profile picture to compare it and found this <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

90883-profile.jpg
    I wonder what else is hidden in it.

7s, lots of 7s
    <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16539<!-- l -->

michael777chain.jpg
    michael7glove.jpg
    michael7.jpg
    michael7s.jpg
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    I'd been wondering who the half-hidden face was, and I knew it was probably important to find out, great find. So much on the cover we need to decipher still! And most likely there are more clues in the notes, the thank yous to Team MJ for a start, lot of familiar names, lot of not-so-familiar names...

michaelelvis.jpg

Wow. What a great find. Looking at this painting thru the hi res picture posted is simply amazing. If you zoom in, you can see every little detail without loss of quality. I wonder what else is hidden in it.

Was just checking for an Elvis profile picture to compare it and found this <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

90883-profile.jpg

Yup, that´s definitely Elvis! Now what is he doing there? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

• MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    Omg. <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
    Elvis!!

I saw the Cirque Du Soleil on there! I really think Michael will come back at those concerts, maybe. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> I want to cry now because I didn't have the money for tickets. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • hey! i was just 'studying' the Michael album cover for anything significant in the hoax..and i found this:

well.. somewhere i read that the artwork used for the new album was made in 2009 - since when was there was an MJ cirque du soleil in 2009? criss angel.. beLIEve?? (sorry if there was another one i forgot about or i have lost my mind.. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> )

why would cirque du soleil symbol be there? it was never a part of his life?! - only in relation to beLIEve .. and the MJ show , but that was put together 2010..
    sorry if it's already posted , and please leave comments!

with the love , L.O.V.E.!
  • The cover of this album was assembled from people and times that marked the life of Michael. It's not strange the symbol of the Cirque du soleil, because it was a future project.
    But any way, there will be Cirque de Soleil and Michael in 2011. So that's an important thing in life (or death) from Michael. So ... I think that's all okay!
    I think the point is that if the painting was created in 2009, then including CDS would be prophetic.

Next question, do we have a confirmed statement from anyone reporting when the covert art was supposedly created?
  • Great find! Wow. If that's true then just, WOW!