Great Review from STAR Magazine!

MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
edited January 1970 in His Music & (Short) Films
Michael-Album-Cover-300x298.jpg

Who? Still the king.

How's it sound? Since Michael sadly moonwalked off into the sunset, his shiny shoes have been feebly filled by the likes of Ne-Yo, Usher and Peter Andre (the latter rather more La Toya than Michael). This posthumous collection of new songs only serves to reinforce what a massive influence he still has on today’s pop and R&B scene. The album is a joyous reminder of his ability to craft a pop song that also had heart.

Hollywood Tonight is jammed with familiar guitar riffs and stuttering beats; Breaking News serves as a sequel to Leave Me Alone with the line: “Everyone wants a piece of Michael Jackson”; while Monster (Featuring 50 Cent) is an epic explosion of smashing glass, heavy beats and lyrics that slam home how simultaneously timeless and relevant Jackson could be. Hearing his vocals soar on Behind The Mask shows what an emotive instrument his voice was (and, in our opinion, puts paid to any controversy that MJ’s vocals were faked on the album), and Keep Your Head Up is the classic Michael hymn to never giving up. But it’s the heartbeaking vocals on Much Too Soon that will give even the most jaded a lump in the throat. As Michael sings of a lost love, it is personal and universal – and when you add in the context of his own tragic loss, it is almost unbearably beautiful. This is a fitting finale to the last original music we probably will ever hear from one of the greatest talents of all time.

Verdict: All thriller, no filler.

Skip to: Monster (Featuring 50 Cent).

★★★★★ (Rated Five Stars)

<!-- m -->http://www.star-magazine.co.uk/music/vi ... n-Michael/<!-- m -->

Comments

• Great!!! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> We need more and more of them!!!
  • Fabulous!!! I couldnt havent written this better myself
    This is my favourite song on the album

But it’s the heartbeaking vocals on Much Too Soon that will give even the most jaded a lump in the throat. As Michael sings of a lost love, it is personal and universal – and when you add in the context of his own tragic loss, it is almost unbearably beautiful
  • This makes me happy!!!!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I loved this review! Thank you for sharing this with us. Blessings!

Verdict: All thriller, no filler.