Album "Michael" & computer

sophiecestmoisophiecestmoi Posts: 51
edited January 1970 in His Music & (Short) Films
I registered the album,that I bought today, on 2 different computers and I found strange that none of them regognize the "artist".With all my other MJ's albums, the computer shows immediatly the name of the artist and the title of the songs...here just "unknown artist"....What is happening with yours ?

Merry Christmas to you, LOVE

Comments

• I can't help myself, but imagine it has been done on purpose...I don't know why : we know the artist and the name of the songs, and my crazy mind just follows :Michael could have put a special program in it and when he comes back gives us a key code <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> , that opens a big surprise,a message, or a new song ... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> something like that !

Now you can tell me to stop dreaming, your CD works perfectly well, and I can throw my computers through the window <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> I love those songs, by the way !
  • ejayejay Posts: 455
    Yup! mine too! put the cd in my computer and all that came up was "unknow artist" and track numbers 1-10 for each song instead of the names. First time i've ever had that for a bought cd. Weird. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • The same here.... <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Same for me... I also find it odd thanks for pointing it out here. What can the reason be?
  • what about each one individually?
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Could it be we are heading towards "the artist formerly known as Michael Jackson"?
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Maybe that we can choose the titles we want, the album cover we want because there is already an official album cover, official titles for each song... or maybe the computer is not ok with the album and does not recognize "Michael Jackson" as he is used to.
  • cassicassi Posts: 175
    mine did it too, computers are not my thing so i figured it was something i did wrong. this is very weird indeed...
  • awesome1awesome1 Posts: 565
    if your not connected to the internet the computer wont recognise the artist and track details
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 341
    Thanks sophiecestmoi - I thought it was just happening to me. Yes awesome1, I tried Find Album Info a few times making sure I was online and nothing happened so I re-ripped the CD several times but it still shows unknown artist. In iTunes there's no album cover and it says Various Artists but it does have the song titles and Michael Jackson and Akon, Michael Jackson Feat. 50 cent, etc in the song list.
    Could it be we are heading towards "the artist formerly known as Michael Jackson"?

Is that artist or artists?
  • Maybe it's not a Michael Jackson album.
    <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • You are reading my mind. I took mine to work today to synch it and voila, artist unknown, track 1, 2, 3 etc. That only means that this cd is bootleg! It was not professionally done. They took some songs, burned them to a cd, and sold them as if they had been manufactured in a studio. That stinks <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • Sometimes it does take some time for a new album to be entered in every database etc.
    But i still think this album is a bootleg.
  • It's bootleg. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    I get the same thing...unknown artist???

I still think this is part of the hoax, to expose SONY for what they really are...SCUMBAGS. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

What about just "Michael"? <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

When I saw the album and noticed it just said Michael, I had to think of what Dave Dave said to Larry King about changing his name.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    I get the same "Unknown" thing, but it happened from time to time in the past with other albums from other artists, too, so maybe it's not so unusual, I don't know.
  • Same here,added to my library of music and it came up Unknown title,and know listing of tracks.Very strange indeed.I have Blue Gangsta in my music library and it says artist Michael Jackson.
    Cheers
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I just thought I wasn't doing something right when I put it on my mp-3, but it's all unknown artist. I just put in my own name--Michael, the King. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Makes me think of whoever it was that had no cd inside her purchase and when she went back to tell, they said there was a bunch like that. Sound like sabotagers to me. Could be the 'ghost' of Michael doing it. Maybe other anomalies will show up as well. I'm sure enjoying the music though.
    Also maybe it relates to his music being in "a place with no name".
  • MAYBE THIS IS A BIG CLUE. Diddy saying 10 days. 50 cents saying the king has risen. The Casico's on Oprah saying MICHAEL MADE THE SONGS IN THEIR BASEMENT <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> ..Maybe he actually DID make them in their basement which is not a "real" studio whch wold explain them being mp3s. And maybe he even made them RECENTLY. Their appearance on Oprah with these revelations was so sudden and with Teddy there to back them up and being so sure MICHAEL IS ALIVE. MAYBE JUST MAYBE he is coming back like 50, and Diddy and Teddy said. 12/31 equals 7. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Is that how it works? Numerology is not my best subject. THIS IS BREAKING NEWS. EVERYBODY WATCHING THE NEWS FOR MICHAEL JACKSON.

Sorry I'm kinda delerious right now <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> Maybe not making much sense, but you feel me right?
  • nWonWo Posts: 59
    I noticed this as well. It seems like they rushed to print out as many CDs as possible. Although when you buy it online through iTunes, all the album information is there.
  • TouchedByAngelM
    @TeddyRiley1 I noticed & confirmed with others that the MICHAEL cd does not transmit artist or song title info on Windows Media Player. Why?
    about 1 hour ago via web

TeddyRiley1
    @TouchedByAngelM maybe cause of the rush on getting it out.
    10 minutes ago via Twitter for Android in reply to TouchedByAngelM
    Wow that sounds suspicious and unprofessional. We're talking about Teddy Riley, a major producer!
  • Wow that sounds suspicious and unprofessional. We're talking about Teddy Riley, a major producer!
    ...that's probably why he keeps/kept saying "bootleg" on Twitter... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->