One year ago today - My Xmas gift finally arrived

hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
Remember when we were all waiting with great anticipation to receive the OPUS? Mine came on 12/24/09, exactly one year ago today. It was the most beautiful piece of art I'd ever seen. Taking a look back. How did you feel when you received yours? I just stared at it for hours in disbelief. It was so huge and the pictures...aahhh. I was in shock for sure.
[youtube:khdx3n6d]

Nothing had ever had me at such a heightened sense of anticipation.

What did you wish for this year that had you breathless?

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL. BE SAFE AND BE HAPPY.

Comments

• I'm glad you love your gift. I don't have this. I should get it - looks absolutely breathtaking. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!
  • I recieved mine a year ago today also. Like you said, it is a very beautiful pice of art and I love mine <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> I only wish that it would have included the Opus Reality that they had advertised with it. I was really, really looking forward to that. Sometimes I wonder if it will be up and working after the BAM and that is how he will spread his message about the hoax.....
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    I recieved mine a year ago today also. Like you said, it is a very beautiful pice of art and I love mine <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> I only wish that it would have included the Opus Reality that they had advertised with it. I was really, really looking forward to that. Sometimes I wonder if it will be up and working after the BAM and that is how he will spread his message about the hoax.....

What is the Opus Reality, momof3kids?
  • I recieved mine a year ago today also. Like you said, it is a very beautiful pice of art and I love mine <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> I only wish that it would have included the Opus Reality that they had advertised with it. I was really, really looking forward to that. Sometimes I wonder if it will be up and working after the BAM and that is how he will spread his message about the hoax.....

What is the Opus Reality, momof3kids?

It was advertised with a special card that you held up to a webcam. Then, onto the card it would project 3D videos/performances of Michael Jackson. I contacted the Opus company a few months ago about this and they this was their response (I copied the important part of the email).

Regarding the Opus Augmented Reality, this has been a source of frustration for all of our Michael Jackson Customers. Due to a combination of issues involving intellectual property rights and technical glitches, we have not been able to launch the OAR as yet and whilst we are hopeful that these obstacles can be overcome, there is unfortunately no sign of that being the case in the near future.
  • Did you ever receive your code card? They sent me 2 of them. I swear this was the best Christmas gift I'd ever gotten. But I raised holy hell with Kraeken for reneiging on that card. I was totally disappointed and frustrated with them. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    Thanks for the info, momof3kids! Hopefully they figure this out. It sounds cool.
  • Did you ever receive your code card? They sent me 2 of them. I swear this was the best Christmas gift I'd ever gotten. But I raised holy hell with Kraeken for reneiging on that card. I was totally disappointed and frustrated with them. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->

I recieved a code through email but not the "official" card that was supposed to be included. I had downloaded a picture and printed it off the internet that took the place of that official card and then recieved a code through email. Then I waited, and waited and waited for the site with the augemented reality to come up and it never did. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> How did you get them to send you the card. I emailed them about 5 times about the Opus Reality before I recieved any response from them and all I got was a "I'm sorry for the lack of communication" email along with the portion that I copied and pasted above. I haven't been very impressed with the Opus company but I absolutely LOVE the book! I was SO excited when the FedEx man came and delivered it to me! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I really want one, too bad its not available in the Philippines.... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->