Lottery for preliminary hearing?

m8ightym8ighty Posts: 99
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
Is it normal for a court of law to draw from a lottery so that fans can sit in on the performance, uhh... i mean court hearing. Idk that just seems out of the ordinary to me... it all just seems so set up to me. Like when they where doing a lottery for tickets for the memorial....?.... and now for court?

How come there wasn't a lottery drawing for fans for the Anna Nicole Smith case, or why couldn't anyone sit in on Lindsey Lohan or DMX court hearings? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
All kinda fishy to me

Comments

• roxy101roxy101 Posts: 143
    It's normal. That's how people sit in in the first place.
  • it was exactly the same in the 2005 trial. I think it s pretty normal, really
  • m8ightym8ighty Posts: 99
    oh ok, i wasnt sure about it, thks for clearing that up. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • The thing that concerns me about the lottery is that there are 2 people that ALWAYS seem to get in <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • Is it normal for a court of law to draw from a lottery so that fans can sit in on the performance, uhh... i mean court hearing. Idk that just seems out of the ordinary to me... it all just seems so set up to me. Like when they where doing a lottery for tickets for the memorial....?.... and now for court?

How come there wasn't a lottery drawing for fans for the Anna Nicole Smith case, or why couldn't anyone sit in on Lindsey Lohan or DMX court hearings? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    All kinda fishy to me

It's typical to have a drawing when the case is a high profile one, and a large public turnout is likely or guaranteed. While the ANS case was a big news maker, ANS didn't have the devout fan base Michael has. If the proceedings aren't closed to the public (possible reasons being security, potential for jury tainting, etc.), then anyone can attend and observe. I'm assuming the lottery will be daily, thus giving everyone wishing to have a seat a chance to do so.
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    Correct, because the hearing is closed, but fans want to be present, they allow very limited numbers inside despite many wishful. Thus, they created lottery system to fairly select people and it will be daily. On the first day, they allow 5 people, I was told next days more maybe allowed, up to 10
  • The thing that concerns me about the lottery is that there are 2 people that ALWAYS seem to get in <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

Which two people?