General thread to post forum problems

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Try to save you avater as a .png file and then upload it.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• didn't work. i will keep pokin around and if you know anything else to try let me know. thing is it tells me it has been successfully updated each time.  :?
    I changed a setting. Could you try again?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• ok give me a few i have all thumbs when it comes to this stuff  :?
  • still nothin souza . i can do this from my computor , right ? maybe that is the issue , although i even tried puttin it in photobucket and doing the img code with no luck. like i said though i am not good at this. i usually have to get help from my youngin' :lol:
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Can anyone suggest why suddenly today the pages have become so wide I can't see the whole width at once, even when I scroll to the right? Any ideas on if/how I can adjust this? Thanks.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    @curls, it's just the back posts. The pic size has been maximized because any smaller (to fit the page) and the posts are too small to read. We decided it was better to scroll on those pages then to have to squint or go blind to be able to read them. It's a challenge with the back post screenshots to make them message board friendly but we think the importance of the archived material outweighs the inconvenient screen size.<br /><br />Sorry, I know it's awkward.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Oh wait, even IF you scroll you can't view? Weird. Try changing your display back to default from the winter thing. That happened to me right away with the winter theme but going back to default fixes it.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Oh, thanks Bec, yes, I see now that it's only happening on the Back threads - I can live with that! Great job you're doing btw. xx
  • I still have snow on my orange theme.  bangbang<br /><br />Have we still got the Christmas/winter theme going on or is it just me?  suspicious//
  • on 1326395313:
    <br />I still have snow on my orange theme.  bangbang<br /><br />Have we still got the Christmas/winter theme going on or is it just me?  suspicious//<br />
    <br />hey rev...<br />i had problems with my comp as well..souza really help me out thank GOD!!..im back to the original theme but still has the snow too lol...well maybe when summer comes around it will keep us all kool lol<br />huggs n faith n love to you<br />suzz<br />sorry i couldnt help
  • Thanks Suzz! If you have snow it must be normal then! ::P I just thought I needed to update to clear it or something. Sorry, not very techy!  :lol:
  • on 1326408721:
    <br />Thanks Suzz! If you have snow it must be normal then! ::P I just thought I needed to update to clear it or something. Sorry, not very techy!  :lol:<br />
    <br />hey rev..<br />well i have snow like i said now if its normal or not that i do not know lolol..used to be up on all this comp stuff untill i got a new one lol but can get lost easy these days..but sometimes i like it that way lol...hope you have a great day/night<br />huggs n love n faith to you rev<br />suzz
    Lol, the snow is normal. It's the winter theme, haha!<br /><br />No one should see the christmas theme anymore, I turned that off right after christmas.

• on 1326410522:
    <br />Lol, the snow is normal. It's the winter theme, haha!<br /><br />No one should see the christmas theme anymore, I turned that off right after christmas.<br />
    <br />aw i see lol i like the snow and loved the christmas theme too..so whats in store for the next big holiday theme?<br />you know what they say..turn out the lights the partys over lol..well not in here at least ;)<br />? for you souza when the temps here in tx get to 125 can you plz add the snow back? lol hell anything helps during that time of year here lol<br />thanxs souza<br />huggs n love n faith to you<br />suzz
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    I keep having pop-ups? 2 have popped up so far, this one:<br /><br />25s6gj9.jpg<br /><br />and one that looked similar to it...
    on 1327446115:
    <br />I keep having pop-ups? 2 have popped up so far, this one:<br /><br />25s6gj9.jpg<br /><br />and one that looked similar to it...<br />
    <br /><br />I think you have a virus, that has nothing to do with the forum. :shock:

• MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    errrr oh no !
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    on 1327446474:
    <br /> errrr oh no !<br />
    <br /><br />It looks like one of those scams that have been floating around lately. Just do not click on it, and try to clean all your cookies and cache.
  • SEHFSEHF Posts: 954
    Wait.. so I won't have a chance to get a free iPad or iPhone??<br /><br />I've been filling that same survey out for years...<br /><br />lolerskates.gif<br /><br />
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    on 1327449637:
    <br />Wait.. so I won't have a chance to get a free iPad or iPhone??<br /><br />I've been filling that same survey out for years...<br /><br />lolerskates.gif<br />
    <br /><br /><br /> :lol: :lol:
  • I feel ridiculous!  I am having a problem sending PM's.  No matter if I send from my email, responding to a PM or from a profile I can't seem to send.  After I hit alt s, I just go in spooling mode, get an error and get locked up.  I have had this problem before but managed to get through it. I tried last night for almost two hours to send RK who sent me a wonderful PM, a PM back.  Any sugguestions?  I am not very technical.....can you tell?  Any help will be appreciate.  Rk!  I owe you a PM!  Take care, Love to all!!!!!
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    @Sandy, I got your PM. Now just click on "my messages" [which will be your messages] at the very top of the screen and that should take you to messages that you recieved...then click on the message to open it to read...from there you can reply back just like when you post in the forum and just click send after your done. It will be sent to my message box and I will get a notification that I have unread mail. I hope I haven't confused you even more.....I am known for being technically challenged you know.  bangbang
  • Thanks RK, glad you did receive my PM, not sure how that happened but it's a good thing.  I followed your instructions, click on read messages - I just go into spooling and lock up.  I know it's me  bangbang  :'(  I'll keep playing with it and see what happens.  Thanks for the help.
    Sandy, if you reply to the email notification of the pm, instead of replying on the forum to the actual person you received it from, you send the reply to MY mailbox. It happens a lot, don't think you're the only one. I never reply to them to say that you sent it to the wrong person, because then I have to open it and read it to see who sent it. I immediately delete them, so that is why you didn't receive an email back from me.