New Michael Jackson Video, Starring ... YOU

edited January 1970 in News
New Michael Jackson Video, Starring ... YOU
2/28/2011 6:27 AM PST by TMZ Staff

The people at Sony are coming up with all sorts of ways to cover up for the fact they don't have Michael Jackson to star in his new music videos -- and now they want his fans to fill the void.
0228-michael-jackson-bn.jpg

MichaelJackson.com launched a project today that recruits fans to upload and edit their own clips -- and the best ones will be used in the actual video for the song "Behind the Mask."

The Behind the Mask Project is open to boys and girls of all ages.

Comments

• This heading (New Michael Jackson video starring YOU.) makes me think of MJ's new movie which will be starring EVERYONE.
  • fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    This heading (New Michael Jackson video starring YOU.) makes me think of MJ's new movie which will be starring EVERYONE.
    Oh YEAH!!! yeah yeah...GREAT point!!!!!!
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    The people at Sony are coming up with all sorts of ways to cover up for the fact they don't have Michael Jackson to star in his new music videos -- and now they want his fans to fill the void
    <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

They have to cover them?.....
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    Oh, TMZ, you are late with this info.

Behind us.... again <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    Did you also notice at the bottom it says, not "open to everyone"...it says "open to BOYS and Girls of all ages"...as though children... not ladies and men...or everyone... boys and girls.
    TMZ always has to LEAD the readers.
  • Did you also notice at the bottom it says, not "open to everyone"...it says "open to BOYS and Girls of all ages"...as though children... not ladies and men...or everyone... boys and girls.
    TMZ always has to LEAD the readers.

"Boys and girls of all ages" is that apart of the intro to the PT Barmun circus? Maybe?
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Yes, this Thriller 2, ARG is fully interactive. "You're just another part of me!"
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    Yes, this Thriller 2, ARG is fully interactive.

Exactly! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If SONY and Michael want to make a video of "salsa i dance very well <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

650_animados-emotik_com.gif
  • It's like Michael's saying in TII something like "I want the whole world on stage" as Kenny Ortega was telling in the interview:

[youtube:1xowhtev]

and Michael will be the observer <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: -->

It would be a great honour and opportunity to be a part of it <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    I'm too shy to do this. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    But it sounds like a lot of fun! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I'm excited to see the end project, I like what you two said, MJhasSpoken & MJonmind <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

This kind of reminds me of that website <!-- w -->www.eternalmoonwalk.com<!-- w -->
  • Yambo3003Yambo3003 Posts: 291
    Very interesting proposal. I wish I had video editing skills. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • If SONY and Michael want to make a video of "salsa i dance very well <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

650_animados-emotik_com.gif

Si salsa, y merengue.. I love to dance. That would be great in the video..
  • I'm too shy to do this. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    But it sounds like a lot of fun! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I'm excited to see the end project, I like what you two said, MJhasSpoken & MJonmind <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

This kind of reminds me of that website <!-- m -->http://www.eternalmoonwalk.com<!-- m -->

Thank you, MJFAN7, for posting the eternalmoonwalk website, I watched alot of the videos, it put a huge smile on my face to see all the people from around the world getting involved.
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Oh wow that's kinda neat if it's actually true. I may have to make a clip with my 5 year old niece. She love MJ and she tears it up dancing.lol
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    I'm absolutely loving this 100% !!
    What a coincindence, I was just "talking" to someone last week about the meaning of Behind the mask, sharing my thoughts as a fan about what the song could mean <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> .....

<!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Now aren't things happening in the strangest way sometimes <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> it's like living in a dream, can't believe it's true .......
  • taty_2crazytaty_2crazy Posts: 290
    It´s a very interesting project involving his fans all over the world.I´m anxious to see the result of it. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Read this on the website:
    After the worldwide community has come together and done their part, the director will select the top clips and weave them into this historical work of Michael Jackson video art. The final results of The Behind the Mask Project will be unveiled during the first week in April.

Just thought it was interesting, they say "come together" a few times throughout the article. I also think it's interesting that they use the term "unveiled". And the timing is interesting as well...first week of April is the beginning of spring which makes me think of the Peter Pan quote that Kenny tweeted a couple times.

Smee: "Captain, the ice is melting, the sun is out, and the flowers are all in bloom...He's back"

Also, the trial will have begun by then.

Plus, I wonder who the director is??? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Not to mention, "Behind the Mask" has always been interesting in general to me. First of all, the title says it all. It basically means "hiding"...and the lyrics say "Take off the mask..." aka "come out of hiding". Also, the song is clearly live or at least some of the parts were taken from his live performance in Bucharest. Live = Alive?
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    No idea how to make a video <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> sounds like a great idea.
    How sweet! all the MJ fans and supporters participating in the videos of Michael, LOVELY.

We are all behind the masks of our avatars as well <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Can someone post the correct lyrics? I found at least two versions and I'm not sure what I hear ......
    Thank you
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Yes we are behind the masks of our avatars...

Who do you love?

His fans say they love him, yet if you believe he's dead you have to believe he's a wacked out drug addict who uses anesthetic to sleep... so dead=not the MJ I know.

"cuz when he's in your arms you're throwin rocks at me...

Who do you love?

Is it me?

You know me."

Indeed, Michael, indeed.

Re: there are no printed lyrics that I have seen that are the correct lyrics that I hear in this song. That leaves me having to rely on my own sense to determine what Michael is saying.
    Except me. I mean I am not behind any mask, my avatar I mean.
    It is easier for a native english speaker to understand the lyrics.
    For example, is he saying at some point "You're just studying my mind" ? or what's he saying?
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    The lyrics are about a lover who is false and hides the truth self behind the mask.
    A double standards person who is not loyal may be?
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    It is easier for a native english speaker to understand the lyrics.

Don't kid yourself Gina!! I've just listened to it with the lyrics in the 'Michael' booklet right in front of me and there's lots he sings that isn't written down and he doesn't appear to sing all that is written down. It's a very cool song though - makes me want to see HIS face!