Updates on HTW situation

SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/12/katherine-jackson-michael-estate-executors-declaration-john-branca-mcclain-signatures-forged-fake-signed-fraud-heal-the-world-foundation-lawsuit/
Katherine Jackson: The Declaration is a FRAUD!

4/12/2011 5:05 PM PDT by TMZ Staff
Katherine Jackson is furious about a declaration filed with the court -- purportedly signed by her -- in which she attacks the Executors of the Michael Jackson Estate. TMZ has learned ... Katherine insists she never signed that declaration.
TMZ reported this morning ... a declaration filed in the Estate's lawsuit against the Heal the World Foundation makes shocking allegations against John Branca, calling him a thief.
But Katherine's lawyer, Adam Streisand, tells TMZ, "Mrs. Jackson categorically denies signing any statement to the court that makes accusations against the executors of any wrongdoing with respect to her son or his estate."
Streisand adds, "She did not and would not make any such statements about the executors." And Streisand says, Katherine told him, "These are not my words."

0412-k-jackson-signatures.jpg
Check out the signature on the declaration in question, dated April 6, 2011, and compare it to Katherine's signature from a legal doc on February 3, 2010.

0412_k_jackson_signatures
As for the Heal the World Foundation lawyer -- Edgar Pease -- who filed the declaration in question, he tells TMZ someone from the Foundation faxed Katherine's manager the final copy of the document and it was then sent on to Pease with the signature in question.
Pease says if the signature is a fraud, "Heads will roll."
UPDATE: Pease just called us back to say Trent Jackson -- Joe Jackson's nephew and Katherine's caregiver -- told him he personally saw Katherine sign the declaration. But sources connected with the Estate say the declaration is suspicious, because the last page ONLY contains the signature, without any accompanying text. In other words, someone could have inserted the signature into a declaration Katherine never saw or approved.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/94i36l
MJ Estate files a supplement complaint against Melissa Johnson and fake Heal the World. Details follow:
June 2010, she gave an interview to local ABC channel saying that HTWF is the same as MJ 91 HTWF and that they act with MJ’s authorization and the estate is vicious and hostile. They post this interview video in youtube and their website. They later remove the videos after a phone call from Estate lawyers.

June , July 2010 she posts 2 videos “Hijacking The Estate” documentary which has unsupported claims of a cover up and conspiracy by the estate executors.

Johnson get in contact with people who are openly against the estate and executors (with false attacks) and through this people they get Joe and Katherine to “board of directors” and “elect” MJ’s kids to “Youth board of advisors”. (Estate learns this in December 2010)

Katherine and Joe was never board of director at MJ 91 HTWF. MJ 91 HTWF rules says that in the case of MJ’s death his representatives get in charge – which means Branca and McClain.

September 2010, Johnson holds a board of director meeting to “reorganize and elect board of directors for MJ 91 HTWF according to MJ’s wishes in 2005” (see below for MJ’s supposed 2005 wishes)

In SEPTEMBER 2010, Brian Oxman sends a letter to Melissa Johnson saying that “This letter will confirm that in February, 2005, Mr. Michael Jackson instructed me to inform you that he approved of your proposals regarding Heal the World Foundation and requested that you act on behalf of the Foundation to preserve and protect it and its trademarks. Mr. Jackson instructed me to inform you to keep the Foundation active, work on behalf of the Foundation to promote its purposes and goals, run the Foundation’s operations, and revive its corporate status”

Estate tries to call Oxman for a deposition but he doesn’t show or arrange a meeting time. Currently estate is seeking a court order for deposition of Oxman or removal of his testimony from the trial.

Estate also claims that Oxman wasn’t MJ’s lawyer (he the lawyer of Joe that’s against the estate), argues that letter is self-serving, it’s best hearsay and they didn’t authorize Oxman to speak on their behalf. Plus they say that letter is legally insufficient to give any rights to Melissa Johnson.

In this September 2010 meeting Melissa claims she’s authorized by MJ, she’s working as interim director and decide to revive the MJ 91 HTWF and shorten the name from “heal the world foundation” to “HTWF”. (Note : Johnson was never a part of MJ 91 HTWF)

Next day they file “Certificate of Amendment of Articles of Incorporation” with California Secretary of State to change the name to HTWF.

Still in September 2010, Johnson contact IRS (Internal Revenue Service) and falsely representing that she’s a representative of MJ 91 HTWF asks for MJ 91 HTWF tax records.

In Fall 2010, Johnson again falsely representing her relationship files with Franchise Tax Board that they want to revive MJ 91 HTWF which is suspended.

On November 1, 2010 Mann enters into a license agreement with Melissa Johnson HTWF because he plans to use the MJ trademarks (heal the world, gone to soon, king of pop, Michael Jackson etc) she owns in the sale of some products.

Mann agrees to pay Melisa Johnson’s debt of $92,578 plus $38,000 of legal fees to a total of $130,642.

Melissa Johnson in her deposition says that Joe and Katherine’s manager Lowell Henry is the got them hooked up with Howard Mann after July 2010.

November 2010, Johnson has another board of directors meeting in which they agree to merge MJ 91 HTWF with their 2008 HTWF.

December 2010, Mann holds “Unveiling of the Jackson Secret Vault Lithographic event” and Johnson who is a partner of Mann gets a part of the sales.

December 2010 Franchise Tax Board which is fooled by Melissa Johnson’s misrepresentation as MJ’s representative revives MJ 91 HTWF.

With this Johnson files plan of merger with Secretary of State.

As a result of this all the current public information falsely shows that MJ 91 HTWF is revived and surviving (2008 HTWF is merged into it) and that Melissa Johnson is an officer and director of MJ 91 HTWF.

Estate claims that this is intentional fraudulent activity to fool general public and support their claims in the lawsuit (deception of government agencies as well) that their 2008 HTWF is a part of MJ 91 HTWF.

Estate learns about this fraudulent unlawful scheme in January 2011.

January 2011 Johnson speaks to X17online saying that her charity is supported by Jacksons.

February 2011 Johnson and Mann appears on GMA gives a check to charity from HTWF. Estate says with the help of Mann she enlisted the help of Katherine and MJ’s kids in her effort to deceive public.

All of the above still continues to confuse the public even more so recently that the charity is related to MJ.

MJ Estate is now also asking for the correction of the false public records (California Secreatry of State, California Franchise Tax Board, California Attorney General’s Office and International Revenue Service).

Note: Estate tried to come to a settlement with her but they couldn’t succeed.

Note2: Melissa Johnson says that her communication with MJ about the charity was done through Oxman during 2004-2005 and Van Alexander (part of Bain Associates) through 2006 -2009.

She says Oxman authorized her to
- Do whatever to preserve HTWF
- Use MJ’s name and picture on the HTWF websites
- Sell MJ related merchandise
- Acquire charitable intellectual property

She says Van Alexander said her that
- MJ never planned to be involved in day to day actions of the charity
- There’s a turmoil in Jackson camp and it wouldn’t be best for the charity in MJ’s name. She’s told to do whatever she can do on her own.
- MJ would endorse the charity even though it was in her name.

Comments

• Thank you, Sind, for this information. It's very interesting to me that nowhere is there Michael's signature of approval...just through Oxman and Baine's rep?

It's also interesting to me that without Michael's direct signature on anything that it would hold up in court based on a "he said, she said" situation. It seems to me that the Estate has the upper hand.

I have been wondering about the children being on the board - this makes it appear as though this Melissa went through the back door and enlisted the family's support by offering them positions. If they agreed to do this without advice from their attorney's I'm surprised. I mean, where are those attorneys for the children that the court set up? Wouldn't the children have gotten Michael's blessing to do this?

Lastly, where is Michael in all of this? I do believe he's alive. No doubt. However, if MJ really does support HTWF, and if he does want his family on the board, then this tells me that Branca and McClain do not know that Michael is alive? If they do know that he is alive, and if Michael is in a position to tell them his wishes, they wouldn't be actively pursuing to have Michael's name disassociated with this foundation. So, Michael really doesn't support this? But if not, he wouldn't allow his children to be on the board...?

Just my thoughts but I can't figure out what the purpose in this is. Blessings.
  • I don't think Branca and McClain are in on the hoax. I think Michael respected their music and business savviness, hence his decision to bring them back on board so close to his 'death', but I seriously doubt they know he is alive.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Joe Vogel

On Tuesday 19th April 2011, @joevogel_ said:

From the Estate of Michael Jackson: Press reports on TMZ and other media sites regarding the settlement terms between the Michael Jackson Estate and the Heal the World defendants are wrong. The Estate is taking back the Heal the World Foundation and all of the Michael Jackson trademarks it allegedly owned. The Michael Jackson Estate owns the Heal the World name, and neither Melissa Johnson nor her companies will ever be able to use Michael Jackson's name or the Heal the World name.
    http://tl.gd/9uta17
  • SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/9uu084
    MJ OnlineTeam

On Tuesday 19th April 2011, @MJonlineteam said:

From the Estate:
    Press reports on TMZ and other media sites regarding the settlement terms between the Michael Jackson Estate and the Heal the World defendants are wrong. The Estate is taking back the Heal the World Foundation and all of the Michael Jackson trademarks it allegedly owned. The Michael Jackson Estate owns the Heal the World name, and neither Melissa Johnson nor her companies will ever be able to use Michael Jackson's name or the Heal the World name
    More info here and from @MJNA

<!-- m -->http://home.mjnewsalerts.com/2011/04/19 ... -the-world<!-- m -->‎/

Once again,TMZ being quoted by numerous media sources,once again TMZ were wrong.
    It's been happening since day one...but that's another story.
  • Joe Vogel

On Tuesday 19th April 2011, @joevogel_ said:

From the Estate of Michael Jackson: Press reports on TMZ and other media sites regarding the settlement terms between the Michael Jackson Estate and the Heal the World defendants are wrong. The Estate is taking back the Heal the World Foundation and all of the Michael Jackson trademarks it allegedly owned. The Michael Jackson Estate owns the Heal the World name, and neither Melissa Johnson nor her companies will ever be able to use Michael Jackson's name or the Heal the World name.
    http://tl.gd/9uta17

Sind - I agree. You and I have discussed this on several occasions where we've seen copy/paste journalism. It's disgusting because that just adds to all of the false information that spreads like wildfire. I think Michael is drawing attention to this. Someone else who's been drawing attention to this is Charles Thomson.

As for HTWF - my last post above questioned why Michael would allow his children on the board if he didn't back the organization. I believe more strongly now what BACK said, that this is a "TAKEOVER" to the max. Michael is taking back everything that rightfully belongs to him and by taking back this organization he can control his giving in a much more controlled manner meaning he decides exactly how and where the money is used for charity. It's also huge that Johnson cannot use MJ's likeness or image because that is what she was banking on.

If we think about the name HTWF - it goes with Michael like peanut butter and jelly. Charlie Brown and Snoopy. If the Estate didn't take back control of this or at least try I would have seriously questioned whether Michael had any input at all.

To me this is great news. It's as great as MJ getting back the rights to his own music through the Sony/ATV transfer. Piece by piece....Michael is taking back everything that has been stolen from him. #WINNER!!!!