How has this adventure affected you spiritually?

looking4truthlooking4truth Posts: 1,450
edited January 1970 in References & Similarities
This question may have been asked but doesn't hurt to ask again. So...how has this adventure affected you spiritually?

Comments

• dom425dom425 Posts: 100
    I have had answers to my prayers. Whenever I have had any doughts about the hoax I have turned to God. My faith has grown so much because of this hoax. It truly is a blessing.

Thank you Michael.
  • looking4truthlooking4truth Posts: 1,450
    I have had answers to my prayers. Whenever I have had any doughts about the hoax I have turned to God. My faith has grown so much because of this hoax. It truly is a blessing.

Thank you Michael.

This makes me smile. Thanks for sharing!
  • lilwendylilwendy Posts: 788
    Great question and I just found it! LOL

If you go to my blog you will see the growth over the past two years... it's been amazing. I am living my life for an audience of One... God. I have realized where my beliefs came from (mainly media) I've learned to question the validity of what I believe, and it has made me stronger in my faith.

Here's one of my rantings on my blog that will give you a little insight to my thoughts: http://lilwendy.wordpress.com/2010/10/31/random-ranting/

This hoax has really opened the door to my journey with God. I've been learning through Mike, by looking back at old footage, old interviews, etc. and then getting into the Word. I owe my life to this man and his family and many of you who comment on my blogs or posts. I can't even accurately put into words how this has affected me spiritually as my words fall short.

I will share with you one last thing, a post I did today, which hopefully shows how my spiritual growth and path has intertwined with the hoax and MJ's words.

http://lilwendy.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/humility/

Thanks again for asking this question.

<!-- sbearhug -->bearhug<!-- sbearhug -->
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    What has changed most for me is the way I now relate with people. I guess pre-hoax, I may have had good intentions, but nowdays, even though I'm busy, I take the time to connect and listen to other people. Be it family, work collegues, or strangers I meet while walking my dogs, all are human beings who deserve to be treated with the honour that being made in the image of God deserves. I have found it to be catching too. It comes back to you tenfold. People want to be around you when they know in their hearts there is no hidden agenda and they feel accepted and loved as they are.
    God's word has had an important place in my life since the 80's, but the way I walk it out daily has seen some change since the hoax. It has become spontaneous and no effort, more like living in the moment and appreciating that moment to the max. It has become more important to me to have character in my life than to be overly clever or seen to be intelligent. To sum it up...If I get to the end of my days here on earth and it is said of me that I was kind and compassionate, and helpful and nuturing to people, animals and the earth we inhabit, then I would consider that my life has been lived successfully. That is when I expect to hear the words...Well done, good and faithful servant.
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    Good question...welll I think if before I was insane , now I'm twice as insane <!-- spenguin/ -->penguin/<!-- spenguin/ --> and I'm not sure it's a good thing <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ --> <!-- sgeek/ -->geek/<!-- sgeek/ -->

And I am crazy in love with Michael Jackson now that he's dead <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> .

I have no reasonable explanation for it.
  • Lovely OneLovely One Posts: 430
    Good question...welll I think if before I was insane , now I'm twice as insane <!-- spenguin/ -->penguin/<!-- spenguin/ --> and I'm not sure it's a good thing <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ --> <!-- sgeek/ -->geek/<!-- sgeek/ -->

And I am crazy in love with Michael Jackson now that he's dead <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> .

You said exactly what I am feeling and I don't understand it either! <!-- sgeek/ -->geek/<!-- sgeek/ --> <!-- sgeek/ -->geek/<!-- sgeek/ -->
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    This question may have been asked but doesn't hurt to ask again. So...how has this adventure affected you spiritually?

I started reading some parts of the Bible and being more tolerant with parapsychology stuff.

In general, I became more awared of things I ignored before.
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506

You said exactly what I am feeling and I don't understand it either! <!-- sgeek/ -->geek/<!-- sgeek/ --> <!-- sgeek/ -->geek/<!-- sgeek/ -->

I'm scratching my head for 2 years trying to understand what's going on with me and why <!-- ssuspicious// -->suspicious//<!-- ssuspicious// --> . Usually I put the blame on Michael because it's easier and because if he didn't fake his death I would be michaelfree now <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ --> <!-- sgeek/ -->geek/<!-- sgeek/ -->

The side effects are that I don't like to judge people that much and I don't like when others judge people.....I'm trying to understand everyone, but still I have a long way to go to become a better person.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    It has taught me to be more patient and less judgemental of people and their choices. It has also helped me to become more aware of the silent cries for help that I am sure over the years have gone mostly unheard because I wasn't tuned in enough to my inner spiritual self. Now I listen not only with my ears, but with my eyes and my heart as well.