Did Muammar Gaddafi Influence MJ's Sense of Style?

edited November 2011 in News
Did Muammar Gaddafi Influence Michael Jackson's Sense of Style?<br /><br />Muammar+Gaddafi+Meets+PM+Berlusconi+Italian+JvIWSI66428l.jpg<br /><br />It's safe to assume that the Costume Institute at New York's Metropolitan Museum won't be showcasing Libyan dictator Muammar el-Gaddafi's "breathtaking sartorial magnificence" anytime soon. But that doesn't mean Gaddafi's people aren't trying.<br /><br />This week, the New York Times' Horatio Silva published a letter from an aide to Libyan's Minister for Cultural Affairs on the T Magazine blog. Apparently Mr. Silva was invited on an all expenses paid trip to Tripoli to "peruse" Gaddafi's extensive clothing collection. The aide noted that Gaddafi is concerned about his legacy, and is therefore open to having his fancy finery displayed in a Met Museum retrospective.<br /><br />Of particular note is the writer's insistence that Gaddafi's "superior dress sense" has influenced some of our greatest pop culture icons: <br />It is not only African and Arab leaders who have been influenced by his style and substance but many western rock stars and celebrities have also been won over by the Gaddafi look: most notably Michael Jackson in the 1980s copied the signature motif military style of our leader to great chart success on his own terms.<br />Interesting! It's a real shame Michael Jackson isn't around to elaborate on just how much his style was influenced by a flashy Libyan dictator. <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />By the way here is a pic I found of Gaddafi and MJ...clothing looks similar.<br /><br />qaddafi_jackson1-400x216.jpg

Comments

• ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    Why not to flip the question:

Did Michael Jackson Influence Muammar Gaddafi's Sense of Style? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Why not to flip the question:

Did Michael Jackson Influence Muammar Gaddafi's Sense of Style? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Exactly <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • Why not to flip the question:

Exactly <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Very well said. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    I agree he copied Michael
  • <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I guess Kadafi stayed deep in the 1980's with his sense of fashion. While Michael was always ahead of the game. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    I think we're missing the point here. Doesn't matter who influenced who, I think this article was written to call our attention to the linkage between MJ and Qadaffi. I know people based on what we've learned over the years from the mass media consider Qaddaffi a lunatic dictator, but here are some interesting facts.

Beyonce performed for his son on New Years....others in the audience or who previously performed? Jay-Z, Usher, Mariah Carey, Lindsay Lohan (NOTE: mjforeverandaday's recent video about Lindsay).

<!-- m -->http://www.mediaite.com/online/confirme ... new-years/<!-- m -->

Others who have visited Mohmar? Lionel Ritchie and Cynthia McKinney. With the exception of Cynthia McKinney, all of these have a connection with MJ. If you don't know who Cynthia McKinney is, she was a fiery congresswoman who was run out of Washington for all intents and purposes, was arrested by the Israelis when she tried to bring relief to the Palestinians and ran for president in the last election. I met her at a small fundraising party and found her to be brilliant, kind, and light hearted. Why would SHE to go Libya if Qaddaffi was such a horrible guy?

Libyans have free health care, and free education.

Then there's this amazing fact:
    The 1st of September marks the anniversary of the opening of the major stage of Libya's Great Man-Made River Project. This incredibly huge and successful water scheme is virtually unknown in the West, yet it rivals and even surpasses all our greatest development projects. The leader of the so-called advanced countries, the United States of America cannot bring itself to acknowledge Libya's Great Man-Made River. The West refuses to recognize that a small country, with a population no more than four million, can construct anything so large without borrowing a single cent from the international banks.

Up until recently, Libya's supply of water came from underground aquifers or desalination plants on the coast. Water derived from desalination or aquifers near the coast was of poor quality and sometimes undrinkable. This problem also meant that little water was available to irrigate land for agriculture, which is vital in this largely desert country.

<!-- m -->http://www.galenfrysinger.com/man_made_river_libya.htm<!-- m -->

But here's the kicker. I think the 'Libyan revolt' are a complete hoax. Impossible? First off, I suggest you check out this forum on media fakery in Libya and the Middle East..... <!-- m -->http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=791<!-- m -->

Frankly, some of the photos are unbelievably funny! As fate would have it, I was tipped off to the fakery by a friend who just happened to be in Russia just after the 'revolt' began in Libya and just happened to be talking to some Russian generals who just happened to be just back from Libya and who were SHOCKED by the media coverage of events because they said NOTHING was happening other than some small skirmishes in outlying areas. They were asked again and confirmed that nothing was happening. And then I stumbled upon this site...

I'll let you draw your own conclusions, but here are my thoughts, for what they are worth. We are witnessing MJ's revenge on the media. There have been so many BS stories since November 5th last year when 'breaking' news was released, I can't keep up with them. Who is behind all these lies? Or are the lies being used to reveal the truth?
    Jon Daily thinks Muammar dresses like Michael Jackson.  At about 2.20<br /><br />http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-november-1-2011/exclusive---condoleezza-rice-extended-interview-pt--1?xrs=eml_tds
  • on 1303897856:
    <br />Why not to flip the question:<br /><br />Did Michael Jackson Influence Muammar Gaddafi's Sense of Style? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --><br />
    <br /><br />as soon as i saw this thread title i thought EXACTLY the same thing as you moon.
    There is more than this link between Gadaffi and MJ.  Many of MJ's friends have either visited with him and/or provided entertainment for him and his son.  <br /><br />Oh, and I think Michael's part of the Libya hoax.