Michael Jackson Murray Trail May Be Delayed

hachimanhachiman Posts: 188
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
Although the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray in the death of Michael Jackson is set to begin on May 9, with Murray facing charges of involuntary manslaughter, lawyers for Dr. Murray may ask for a delay due to new theories introduced by the prosecution.

According to CNN, the involuntary manslaughter trail of Dr. Conrad Murray in the death of Michael Jackson may be delayed should the defense team of Murray seek a continuance.

On Friday morning, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor informed defense lawyers for Conrad Murray to let the court know if they will ask for more time to prepare their case. As CNN reports, the continuance option was presented after Judge Pastor allowed the prosecution to call new witnesses on the theories, which include an expert that is set to testify about how Michael Jackson could not have been involved in his own death.

At issue is whether Michael Jackson could have ingested drugs on his own that led to his death. After the recent turn of events in the case against Dr. Conrad Murray, CNN elaborates that Judge Michael Pastor wasn’t surprised with how the case has played out to date. "This is precisely the matter I fully expected that was going to happen when the defense said it wanted to go in 60 days."

Although the involuntary manslaughter trail of Conrad Murray is scheduled to begin on May 9, the jury will not be selected until next week.

<!-- m -->http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/110862/ ... _delay.php<!-- m -->

Maybe they need more time because they're trying to think of a way for MJ to go BAM? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Is this trial ever going to happen?? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• hachimanhachiman Posts: 188
    Is this trial ever going to happen?? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    Just wait and see.
  • Hmm, they need time. Michael needs time.
  • nick_93nick_93 Posts: 269
    Hmm, maybe MJ is in complete control and is pushing it out as close to 'July' as possible? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • This is a joke, a pure joke. There will be no trial.. Oh yeah they have to find a pig who they can experiment ingestion of propofol <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> That's why they need more time...
  • One new witness is "an expert that is set to testify about how Michael Jackson could not have been involved in his own death."

MJ could be that witness.
  • hachimanhachiman Posts: 188
    One new witness is "an expert that is set to testify about how Michael Jackson could not have been involved in his own death."

MJ could be that witness.
    In disguise? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    they want a pig as a witness <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

0429-pig-mj-bn.jpg
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Trying to make a case out of all this is like trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I am wondering if the case will happen lately.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    Trial of Michael Jackson's doctor could be delayed

Defense lawyers asked for a delay in the start of Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial Friday because, they said, they need more time to answer new theories raised by the prosecution.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor scheduled a hearing for Monday morning to decide whether he will grant the continuance.

Testimony in the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor has been scheduled to start on May 9, with the jury to be chosen next week.

"I'm not saying what I'm prepared to do, because I need to hear and see more information," Judge Pastor said during a Friday afternoon hearing.

The possibility of a delay was raised during a hearing Friday morning when Pastor ruled prosecutors could call new expert witnesses, including one who would testify that there was no way Jackson could have self-ingested the drug that killed him.

Defense lawyer Ed Chernoff said he consulted with Dr. Murray after that hearing and they agreed they needed more time to prepare their expert testimony to counter the new prosecution expert.

"This is precisely the matter I fully expected that was going to happen when the defense said it wanted to go in 60 days," Pastor said.

Murray invoked his right to a speedy trial after January's preliminary hearing in which the prosecution's expert witness admitted he made a math mistake that supported the defense theory that Jackson may have given himself the fatal dose of propofol.

Propofol is a surgical anesthetic that the Los Angeles coroner ruled killed Jackson in combination with several sedatives found in his blood.

"I actually made a mistake on that," Dr. Richard Ruffalo testified during cross-examination, referring to his calculation of the levels of propofol in Jackson's stomach fluid.

Murray's lawyers suggest a frustrated and sleepless Jackson may have poured the surgical anesthetic propofol into his juice bottle while the doctor was out of his bedroom.

A new expert approved by Judge Pastor Friday will testify that he "concludes it was impossible for Michael Jackson to orally ingest" the fatal drug, prosecutor David Walgren said.

"Super expert Dr. Ruffalo prepared a 60-page report," Defense lawyer Michael Flanagan said in court Friday. "We got ready on that, but now the trial in this case will look nothing like the preliminary. I bet you they're not going to call Ruffalo."

The prosecution said the defense is always welcome to call the former prosecution expert.

"They are not calling their original 11 experts," Flanagan said. "They've got three brand new ones, which requires us to prepare all over again for these new theories and justifications of these theories."

The new experts will present "more detailed analysis, but not a new theory," Walgren said.

Judge Pastor said there had been a "massive investment of time and money" put toward the trial and a delay might be expensive. There are 171 potential jurors already "hardship qualified" for the trial, but a delay might require them to go through the process again.

<!-- m -->http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/29 ... ray.trial/<!-- m -->
    Another delay is on the way. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    They are not calling their original 11 experts," Flanagan said. "They've got three brand new ones, which requires us to prepare all over again for these new theories and justifications of these theories."

The new experts will present "more detailed analysis, but not a new theory," Walgren said.

So there is 3 brand new experts....not the original 11 they had planned. <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: --> <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: --> <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: -->

I know....the father, the son and the holy ghost. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    The possibility of a delay was raised during a hearing Friday morning when Pastor ruled prosecutors could call new expert witnesses, including one who would testify that there was no way Jackson could have self-ingested the drug that killed him.
    Murray invoked his right to a speedy trial after January's preliminary hearing in which the prosecution's expert witness admitted he made a math mistake that supported the defense theory that Jackson may have given himself the fatal dose of propofol.
    "I actually made a mistake on that," Dr. Richard Ruffalo testified during cross-examination, referring to his calculation of the levels of propofol in Jackson's stomach fluid.

It's all just a simple mistake. yeah sure. LOL
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    I open my computer and see this ahhhhhhhh....I can't take so many delays.There are 2 full years, OMG I'm going to lose all my faith and pacience...Michael is that what you want? Oh please end this....if you are alive .....
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Why am I not surprised to see this headline?

How's this for a theory: the lawyers are not 'in on it', and are actually having the same dilemmas we have all had in trying to find a theory that fits. Their 'evidence' will surely lead to them seeing that MJ didn't die at all. But who will dare raise that as a possibility?!

Let's get this thing to court and on TV, so the whole world can see the farce this has become.
  • Lovely OneLovely One Posts: 430
    Trying to make a case out of all this is like trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I am wondering if the case will happen lately.

This is halarious!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> A sow's ear!! heee heee <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Good one. AND I agree!
  • Lovely OneLovely One Posts: 430
    Did I read this right?? 171 potential jurors????
    What a number. "171" Another coincidence with the sevens and the ones???? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Why am I not surprised to see this headline?

How's this for a theory: the lawyers are not 'in on it', and are actually having the same dilemmas we have all had in trying to find a theory that fits. Their 'evidence' will surely lead to them seeing that MJ didn't die at all. But who will dare raise that as a possibility?!

Let's get this thing to court and on TV, so the whole world can see the farce this has become.

If Murray is not a scapegoat and Michael's plan is to comeback, probably Murray's lawyer is in on hoax too. Or not? And yes, who will dare to raise the hoax as a possibility in front of the court? Not Murray's side for sure. He can't do that, he's been paid to play his role afterall. The Jacksons? Same for them. They defend Michael's hoax. So both parts are interested in playing the death scenario with or without the knowledge of the lawyers. And the lawyers don't do anything without clients' agreement. The only one who has interest in finding the truth is the judge. He is the only person that could bring the hoax in the discussion. Asking for subtle evidence that leads to confirming his suspicion (in case he believes Michael is alive). If the judge is bribed too then he will just drop it and all 3 sides, Murray's side, family's side, Judge side will just pretent they are in a trial. A real trial with 2 sides , one throws false accusations, the other defends itself of these false accusations. And a bribed judge who must close his eyes to these inconsitinces. A real trial but with a movie characters. But here is my question: why this show? For whom? The trial was not a must do. So why all pretending? Especially when there's a huge risk of being discovered.
    And the family knows Michael is alive why did they start these accusations in the first place. Just to make this hoax real? It's too much.Do deaths must end with a guilty person in front of a judge and a possibile conviction just to prove they are real deaths ?
  • PS: plus, in a trial there's a jury that cannot be bribed entirely to close their eyes to the evidence that Michael is not dead.
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    watchdrama8jm.gif
  • seems like one of us predicted this would happen one day last week. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    This is too much, i think the trial will never take place, it's already 2 years , sometimes i think the truth will never be revealed
    I open my computer and see this ahhhhhhhh....I can't take so many delays.There are 2 full years, OMG I'm going to lose all my faith and pacience...Michael is that what you want? Oh please end this....if you are alive .....

I do not feel good with the delays. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> It's been too long and I do not think that I can go with the hoax for another year. At the end of 2011, I'll be giving up and turning back to my hoax free life. I can not keep on looking out to find the clues for the rest of my life. Sorry not in a very good mood right now. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • I am new and sorry if i don't know your opinions on this trial yet, but GinaFelicia and PureLove, what exactly do you expect to happen during this trial? Do you think the truth (the hoax i mean) will be revealed ?
    I am new and sorry if i don't know your opinions on this trial yet, but GinaFelicia and PureLove, what exactly do you expect to happen during this trial? Do you think the truth (the hoax i mean) will be revealed ?

No, I do not believe the hoax will be revealed during the trial but after the trial, yes. So it's better if it ends sooner.