AKON performs new Michael jackson mix..

2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
What do you all think about it ???

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlnaVHUT ... re=related<!-- m -->
[youtube:1ow5bk5a]

Comments

• thank you for posting this video. That was very nice of Akon to sing MJ mix.. Not for anything with all due respect, I love Akon, but no one beats Michael. I may be off topic right now, but tonight I saw American Idol, and Haley sang the Earth Song, Oh boy, she shouldn't have picked this song, she does have a strong voice, but you cannot sing a Michael Jackson song. Blessings.
  • fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    thank you for posting this video. That was very nice of Akon to sing MJ mix.. Not for anything with all due respect, I love Akon, but no one beats Michael. I may be off topic right now, but tonight I saw American Idol, and Haley sang the Earth Song, Oh boy, she shouldn't have picked this song, she does have a strong voice, but you cannot sing a Michael Jackson song. Blessings.
    DITTO!!!! All she did is make me cry and miss Michael singing it to us <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> We love you Michael, come home to us. <!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->
  • thank you for posting this video. That was very nice of Akon to sing MJ mix.. Not for anything with all due respect, I love Akon, but no one beats Michael. I may be off topic right now, but tonight I saw American Idol, and Haley sang the Earth Song, Oh boy, she shouldn't have picked this song, she does have a strong voice, but you cannot sing a Michael Jackson song. Blessings.
    DITTO!!!! All she did is make me cry and miss Michael singing it to us <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> We love you Michael, come home to us. <!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->

I felt the same way fordtocarr.. He will come on his due time. Let's not force him to come out before his time. Blessings.
  • Thank you for sharing this video. I really appreciate people like Akon. He's not trying to replace Michael and he's not trying to imitate him yet he clearly was honoring him and he did a great job at it. Blessings.
  • Akon thank you and I love you. Peace Love and MJ. <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    I'd swear this is a NEW version, not a remix.....MJ's voice sounds different to the original...Maybe a pre-recordered duet like Hold My Hand??? Hmmmmmmmm...better listen to it again.
  • lilwendylilwendy Posts: 788
    Um am I missing something.... isn't this the version released January 2008 from the Thriller 25th Anniversary CD?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanna_Be_Startin%27_Somethin%27_2008#Wanna_Be_Startin.27_Somethin.27_2008

The YouTube video was uploaded July 2009?

As far as I'm concerned... this is not new...

scratch-head01-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000414-large.gif
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Um am I missing something.... isn't this the version released January 2008 from the Thriller 25th Anniversary CD?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanna_Be_Startin%27_Somethin%27_2008#Wanna_Be_Startin.27_Somethin.27_2008

Thanks for that information....I haven't heard it before, but maybe because I wasn't a real Mj fan before this hoax. God bless.
  • Kristina4LOVEKristina4LOVE Posts: 622

Correct! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Michael Jackson - Thriller 25 - The World's Biggest Selling Album Of All Time!!! <!-- smichael-jackson/ -->michael-jackson/<!-- smichael-jackson/ -->
    Previously Unreleased Tracks For 25th Anniversary Edition:
    11. THE GIRL IS MINE 2008 with Will.I.am
    12. P.Y.T 2008 with Will.I.am
    13. WANNA BE STARTIN' SOMETHIN' 2008 with Akon
    14. BEAT IT 2008 with Fergie
    15. BILLIE JEAN 2008 Kanye West mix
    16. FOR ALL TIME (unreleased track from original Thriller sessions)

L.O.V.E to all! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I remember, they always played this on the radio, I like Akon's version, second to MJ of course...DANCE <!-- spenguin/ -->penguin/<!-- spenguin/ -->