Wanna Smell Like Joe Jackson?!!?

ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
edited January 1970 in News
20 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

If you've ever looked at Joe Jackson and thought, "How the hell can I smell like THAT guy?" ... well, fret no more ... MJ's dad has unveiled a brand new line of body scents.

0518-joe-jackson-gsi-credit.jpg

Joe debuted a "Jackson"scent line for both MEN and WOMEN in Cannes, France this week ... with a cologne called, "Tribute," and perfume called, "Legend."

Apparently, "Greed" and "Abuse" didn't make the cut.

So what do they smell like you ask? The cologne is described as "heavily musky" and the perfume is a "floral harmony" combined with a "fruity note."

No word on when the smells will be available to purchase.

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    I think they should just combine the scents. Nothing would smell better than
    a heavily musky floral harmony with fruity notes! I'll have 2 please........
    Something smells........

The funny thing...I bet I'd like the scents!
    I'm hopeless at times!

Blessings!
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> I wonder why? I think I would have bought them if only for the names.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Is that Deiter Wiesner next to Joe. I started off laughing at the picture of Joe and ended up choking on my mug of tea at wiesner next to Joe. <!-- sfresse/ -->fresse/<!-- sfresse/ --> <!-- serrrr -->errrr<!-- serrrr --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Michael Jackson's Dad Promotes Branded Perfumes in Cannes
    4:35 AM 5/18/2011 by Liza Foreman

Joe Jackson says of his famous family, "It wasn't easy to get the family to this point. I had to work two jobs. I had all nine kids. I stayed there with them and got them all into show biz."
    CANNES – An impromptu press conference called on the sidelines of this year’s Festival de Cannes for the Jackson Family Foundation, saw Joe Jackson, and a number of his associates, gather at the Playboy Mansion Tuesday for a brief meet with the press.

After posing around the pool for two-dozen photographers, Jackson sat down briefly to clarify and confirm his endorsement of some new Michael Jackson-branded perfumes, Jackson Tribute, Legend and Legacy.

Dressed in a large black suit and bling, Jackson talked about the two bottles presented on the table, before the perfume’s creators came forward to talk ahead of the June 9 launch of the scents in Las Vegas.

“Anything you get involved with you are supposed to make money. You know what you can do with money you smile all the way to the bank,” he said during the conference.

Julian Rouas in Paris is involved in creating the scents.

Jackson was accompanied by Michael Jackson’s former manager, Dieter Wiesner, who spoke about a book he is writing on his time with Michael. “My time with Michael was a beautiful and also a hard time. Michael passed away and I thought would talk experience with Michael in the book,” he said.

Wiesner wasn’t the only one promoting Jackson-themed product at the conference. Someone else was on hand to promote a Michael Jackson-branded tray and other spoke about tribute concerts.

Jackson also spoke about plans for Neverland and Happyland, a second theme park in Vietnam he is involved with.

As per Jackson, plans for Neverland include five five star hotels, a seven star hotel and a statue in the middle of Michael Jackson.

"I want people to know that it’s (the Jackson Family Foundation) a legitimate foundation to make money and carry on what we have to do. It is for the health of people in need, like any foundation, in any part of the world,” began Jackson when asked why he was holding the conference. “Michael had Neverland. It was his mission before Michael passed away to create a theme park and we are taking over that mission,” he said.

He said of Jackson: “Michael was a type of person the whole family went behind who crossed all borders with his music. All kids in all parts of the world, they know about him. His mission was to help people and he sold more records than anyone in show business history. It wasn't easy to get the family to this point. I had to work two jobs. I had all nine kids. I stayed there with them and got them all into show biz. I don't care what anyone else said I did my job.”

He added: “Everyone is thinking about this doctor. Doctor is just a clay pigeon. Other people involved. Michael told his mother they were trying to kill him for his publishing. I didn't know anything about it until he passed.”

More and more fashion and lifestyle companies have been making the most of Cannes. On Friday Jean Paul Gaultier presented a redesign of the Piper Heidseick champagne bottle in Cannes with a banquet dinner, and, for the first time, Naomi Campbell staged her Fashion for Relief fashion show and auction, to raise money for Japan, here this week

<!-- m -->http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/m ... ded-189624<!-- m -->
  • underthemoonunderthemoon Posts: 418
    Is that Deiter Wiesner next to Joe. I started off laughing at the picture of Joe and ended up choking on my mug of tea at wiesner next to Joe. <!-- sfresse/ -->fresse/<!-- sfresse/ --> <!-- serrrr -->errrr<!-- serrrr --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Yes RK, it is Dieter Wiesner next to Joe . I had posted it today in this treat :

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=152&t=19191<!-- l -->
  • Apparently, "Greed" and "Abuse" didn't make the cut.

<!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    I'm speechless.... <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    Joe was going to make Michael Jackson perfume, and was going to use Michael's logo on them. What happened to that?

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Joe was going to make Michael Jackson perfume, and was going to use Michael's logo on them. What happened to that?

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Purelove they said it Greed and abuse.. He got too greedy and decided to put another name instead of Michael's name.. That is another plus to this hoax that Michael is not dead...
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    Joe was going to make Michael Jackson perfume, and was going to use Michael's logo on them. What happened to that?

Purelove they said it Greed and abuse.. He got too greedy and decided to put another name instead of Michael's name.. That is another plus to this hoax that Michael is not dead...

Actually these are the perfumes he was talking about because the names are all dedicated to Michael. Legend and Tribute. He didn't use the logo though.
  • One thing puzzles me, wasn't the movie of Princess Diana been shown in cannes? Now Joe Jackson is in Cannes for his perfume? I wonder if Michael is not in Cannes too? Just a thought.. blessings.
  • JentleTouchJentleTouch Posts: 244
    With Dieter Wiesner.. <!-- sfresse/ -->fresse/<!-- sfresse/ -->
    Yeah, there are sure a lot of things in the world I would never be able to comprehend.
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    With Dieter Wiesner.. <!-- sfresse/ -->fresse/<!-- sfresse/ -->
    Yeah, there are sure a lot of things in the world I would never be able to comprehend.

if this isn't a joke this world is crazier than i ever imagined.
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    This dude is off the chain.......why on Earth is his dad doing business with him? Even if things are not all true about him, he seems an odd choice. Here is an article about him:

<!-- m -->http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,104516,00.html<!-- m -->

and this is his website:

<!-- m -->http://www.dieterwiesner.com/michaeljackson.html<!-- m -->

And why is it he is holding a mic from RCNtv, a Columbian television company? Am I seeing things right.....maybe they own something else...but why is he the interviewer? Maybe that's not really him...just can't figure why he'd be there?
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCN_TV<!-- m -->

Is he now a Columbian reporter.....I don't think so...........hey, suspiciousmind...can borrow your eyes, lol
    <!-- ssuspicious// -->suspicious//<!-- ssuspicious// --> <!-- ssuspicious// -->suspicious//<!-- ssuspicious// --> <!-- ssuspicious// -->suspicious//<!-- ssuspicious// -->

Blessings!
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    be my guest i am always <!-- ssuspicious// -->suspicious//<!-- ssuspicious// --> of dieter too.
    so why does this article point out that joe is wearing a big black suit and bling <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    Wasn't perfume going to be called Michael Jackson? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> I want smell like Michael, not Joe, dah!
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787

Umm...not particularly.
  • Check this out:

Joe Jackson Stinks -- The HARD Sell
    5/19/2011 12:02 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Somehow ... Joe Jackson convinced someone to bottle his cologne -- and we've produced a commercial for the stench -- er, scent ... that is pure justice. For Michael Jackson.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/19/joe-jacks ... tmz-on-tv/<!-- m -->
  • eternalflameeternalflame Posts: 195
    Can´t smell THAT fantastic - look at Mr. Wiesner´s body position... <!-- spale/ -->pale/<!-- spale/ -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    I always wondered whether the family have a special agreement with MJ. They have their time to shine, and make money off of his death, as the incentive for pulling off this illusion. Have you noticed how most of the famiy have re-kindled their singing careers and releasing albums again?? Even the nieces and nephews are getting in the action..

Is this just how the family are, greedy and selfish, or is all this recent fame and fortune by the family, part of MJs plan??
  • cleaclea Posts: 145
    Can´t smell THAT fantastic - look at Mr. Wiesner´s body position... <!-- spale/ -->pale/<!-- spale/ -->
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787

I read somewhere that Wiesner said he felt sorry for Joe and that Michael was never addicted to drugs. And that Michael wanted to devote his time to making movies after the HIStory tour and create an MJ Universe which would be made up of many small companies. Wiesner had mentioned that Michael was looking at shares in Marvel comics when they were low (this was years ago) and predicted that superhero movies would be big (which they have been in the last few years). And remember this video?

[youtube:2dk03wdu]

So Wiesner said that not only was Michael not a drug addict, but a business genius as well who can predict what will be popular...and maybe even engineered it that way?? I just think this is very interesting, especially with Michael running the show from behind the scenes of many small companies and nobody would even know it.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    The boxes have a crown and this makes me wonder again about the "kingdom" connection.
    The logo seems to be patented by the signature and Joe Jackson has the right to use it. Who knows if Michael himself allows Joe to promote accessories. Joe promoted belts and pendants before and to promote perfume will be just part of the business line.

The Perfume world has been my hobby since i was a kid, I should get to smeel those 2 fragrances.