Botox Mom: I MADE IT ALL UP FOR MONEY!

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
Botox Mom: I MADE IT ALL UP FOR MONEY!
23 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

The woman who went on "Good Morning America," claiming she injected her 8-year-old daughter with Botox, now swears under oath ... she made the entire story up for a few hundred bucks.

0518-botox-launch-larg4.jpg

TMZ has obtained a sworn declaration written by Sheena Upton, who claims she was recently approached by the British tabloid, The Sun, and asked "to play the role of Kerry Campbell" for a story called "I Give My 8-Year-Old Daughter Botox."

Upton now confesses The Sun paid her $200 adding, "I was provided with the story, instructions and a script to follow for a recorded interview."

After the story ran in The Sun, Upton says she was approached by "Good Morning America" and "Inside Edition" and claims she was offered "a large fee" to appear on camera. She went on both shows and re-told her story.

After the interview, child welfare officials took Upton's daughter away.

Upton now admits in her declaration, "The truth is I have never given my daughter Botox, nor allowed her to get any type of waxing, nor is she a beauty pageant contestant."

Upton says professionals agree with her declaration, because on May 17, she took her daughter to the UCLA Medical Center and says, "After my daughter received a full medical exam, the results indicated that she has not ever received treatments including Botox or other such injections."

We're told the UCLA reports were forwarded to child welfare officials, who then returned Upton's daughter to her, with the proviso that a cousin would stay with her and the child for the time being.

As for "Good Morning America" -- sources connected with Upton claim she was promised $10,000 to appear. We do not know how much she was offered for "Inside Edition."

As for the declaration -- signed under penalty of perjury -- we're told Upton wrote it so her lawyer can secure full rights to custody of her daughter.

An ABC News insider tells TMZ, "There is no truth to the story about compensation, but they did pay a broker no more than $10,000 to license photos."

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• What people will do for a few hundred dollars. Shameful. Hope this lesson, will be learned from everyone. you do not play with children lives. Children are precious. This disgust me.. blessings.
  • Thank you for sharing this. I wonder how much attention this will get in the mainstream media? I'd like to shout it at the rooftops because this is a perfect example of how the tabloids lie in order to sell their stories. It's also a great example of how innocent people get wrapped up in those lies and innocent people are punished (i.e., the daughter).

Just imagine (not hard to do) what the tabloids do to get lies told about celebrities. Hmmm...
  • jacilovesmichaeljacilovesmichael Posts: 2,474
    So it was The Sun... interesting. They printed our story about Dave Dave right? And took mindless liberties with it. Also reminds me of some of MJ's lyrics:

"They Print My Message In The Saturday Sun"

Oh and this.....

<!-- m -->http://youtu.be/LxR2p88_btw<!-- m -->
  • brunob12brunob12 Posts: 162
    YES!!! Let's show the world that The Sun is a piece of shit who make stories up all the time! There's no space for the truth in this "newspaper"!

LET'S BURN THE SUN! <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    They paid her $200 <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> And they raked in like how much? A bunch or users and losers, willing to write anything for sensationalism and a buck . <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ --> <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ -->
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    hmm wonder if this is where some of the politicians learned they could buy votes cheap?
  • Miss.PeppersMiss.Peppers Posts: 998
    They paid her $200 <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> And they raked in like how much? A bunch or users and losers, willing to write anything for sensationalism and a buck . <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ --> <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ -->

The only person who is innocent in all of this is the child.

The mother is just as guilty. She took the money to lie. She made that decision to use her child. Just as guilty and immoral as the newspaper who paid her. (if this is even true)

What a patheric woman and mother she is if she is willing to sell her child out for $200.

The only person who is innocent in all of this is the child.

The mother is just as guilty. She took the money to lie. She made that decision to use her child. Just as guilty and immoral as the newspaper who paid her. (if this is even true)

What a patheric woman and mother she is if she is willing to sell her child out for $200.

didn't the kid talk about it also in the clip?
  • Miss.PeppersMiss.Peppers Posts: 998
    Reminds me of the Arvizo's actually......

hmm hadn't thought of that.
  • lilwendylilwendy Posts: 788
    <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ --> "to play the role of Kerry Campbell"

It was an acting job... hmmm.... paid to use a medical syringe....

Well that just goes to show that you can be acting, putting on a total lie under the guises of it being a "role" and tabloid trash can run with it as if it is real!

Like maybe hiring a guy to play a doctor who uses a medical syringe to pretend kill a megastar called MJ.... <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> and the tabloids, news agencies etc. running with the story as if it was real. Oh yeah that deserves a penguin dance

<!-- spenguin/ -->penguin/<!-- spenguin/ -->

beat em at their own game Michael! <!-- srespect/ -->respect/<!-- srespect/ -->
  • Steph22Steph22 Posts: 150
    party/ "to play the role of Kerry Campbell"

Well that just goes to show that you can be acting, putting on a total lie under the guises of it being a "role" and tabloid trash can run with it as if it is real!

Like maybe hiring a guy to play a doctor who uses a medical syringe to pretend kill a megastar called MJ.... <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> and the tabloids, news agencies etc. running with the story as if it was real. Oh yeah that deserves a penguin dance

<!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->

You are sooooo right lilwendy <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

I think it is quiet shocking what people will do for money. But on the other hand, think about how desperate that woman must be for these $200 if she is willing to do this to her own daughter.
    Who do you think is lying? The mom or the The Sun? There was a poll on TMZ yesterday about it and when I checked it 80% of the people thought the mom is lying. Idk but I have a feeling The Sun is lying.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    This and...
    party/ "to play the role of Kerry Campbell"

...this was exactly the connections I was getting too. When Harvey was interviewing the mom, she was unclear and evasive, a bad liar. A simple lie detecter test would settle the matter.
    The Sun: Botox Mom Is Lying!!!
    5/19/2011 10:16 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

U.K. newspaper The Sun is ADAMANTLY denying it scripted a fake Botox Mom story for Sheena Upton aka Kerry Campbell -- and claims they only published the story after a reporter WATCHED the woman inject her daughter.

A rep for The Sun tells TMZ ... the paper "strongly denies any suggestion it solicited or knowingly published a false story regarding Kerry Campbell and her daughter."

We broke the story ... Upton gave a sworn declaration claiming The Sun approached her and paid her $200 to "play the role of Kerry Campbell" -- a mother who injected her 8-year-old daughter with Botox for beauty pageants.

But The Sun says it didn't even break the story -- claiming they received it from a "reputable UK news agency" -- and the reporter from the agency "watched Ms. Campbell administering what appeared to be Botox to her daughter and provided compelling photographs."

The Sun says it is considering legal action.
    I've read/heard somewhere that reality TV is not necessarily true reality, but made to look like reality. I guess there's enormous pressures to outdo the competition and provide viewers with the most outlandish, crude, scandelous, emotional, perverted, and on and on. When the bottom of the barrel has been scraped, then what... <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ --> <!-- sgeek/ -->geek/<!-- sgeek/ --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I agree that the mother also has to accept some blame in this fiasco. However, I don't know what her financial standings are/were that would prompt her to fall for this foolishness. I would feeI more pressed to condemn her for actually doing this dreadful thing than from hoaxing it for money from these Trash mongers. That these sycophants would stoop to that level of manipulation to orchestrate such a tale simply to sell a sensationalized "story" if that truly be the case, turns my stomach.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    But what will happen to Michael when the world finds out he isnt dead??

Didn't he (or authorities) make his own children lie too?? And not just lie, but to lie on national television, not once, but over and over again....with an audience of millions of people. I'm confused now. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Some medias sell lies and people buy them just for entertainment. This woman was part of the deal looks like.
    The important thing is that she did not inject her child with junk.

That´s how tabloids work, I am not surprised.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    UK is not U.S. and The Sun is not Fox News but just to remember:

Media can legally lie (in the U.S.)
    Just in case it was not already mentioned.
    Fox News gets okay to misinform public, court ruling
    03/09/10 11:48 Filed in: Media Reform

UPDATED:Many news agencies lie and distort facts, not many have the guts to admit it...in court...positioning the First Amendment as their defense!

The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves. We are pushing for a consumer protection solution that labels news content according to its adherence to ethical journalism standards that have been codified by the Society of Professional Journalists (Ethics: spj.org).
    A News Quality Rating System and Content Labeling approach, follows a tradition of consumer protection product labeling, that is very familiar to Americans. The ratings are anti-censorship and can benefit consumers.

Appellate Court Rules Media Can Legally Lie.
    By Mike Gaddy. Published Feb. 28, 2003
    On February 14, a Florida Appeals court ruled there is absolutely nothing illegal about lying, concealing or distorting information by a major press organization. The court reversed the $425,000 jury verdict in favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information. The ruling basically declares it is technically not against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news on a television broadcast.

On August 18, 2000, a six-person jury was unanimous in its conclusion that Akre was indeed fired for threatening to report the station's pressure to broadcast what jurors decided was "a false, distorted, or slanted" story about the widespread use of growth hormone in dairy cows.

The court did not dispute the heart of Akre's claim, that Fox pressured her to broadcast a false story to protect the broadcaster from having to defend the truth in court, as well as suffer the ire of irate advertisers. Fox argued from the first, and failed on three separate occasions, in front of three different judges, to have the case tossed out on the grounds there is no hard, fast, and written rule against deliberate distortion of the news.

The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

In its six-page written decision, the Court of Appeals held that the Federal Communications Commission position against news distortion is only a "policy," not a promulgated law, rule, or regulation. Fox aired a report after the ruling saying it was "totally vindicated" by the verdict.

http://ceasespin.org/ceasespin_blog/ceasespin_blogger_files/fox_news_gets_okay_to_misinform_public.html

http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=17827&p=304536
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    the mass media lie frequently and are reponsables until of the death of much people,… I say by experience
  • Yambo3003Yambo3003 Posts: 291
    So the whole thing was a hoax? Just like balloon boy? Jummm.... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->