Janet Jackson -- Prince of Pop?

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
Janet Jackson -- Prince of Pop?
5/19/2011 2:48 PM PDT by Johnny Lopez

Here's pop diva Janet Jackson at an amfAR event in Cannes on Thursday -- and music legend Prince at an awards show last year.

0519-janet-prince-credit.jpg

Unbeweaveable.

We're just sayin'.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Janet's so pretty. Her shorter hair totally suits her - shows off those Jackson cheekbones.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    We discussed about if Prince knows about the hoax or not and now they're comparing Janet with him. What a koincidank.
  • JentleTouchJentleTouch Posts: 244
    I don't get it. The two completely different people. Just their haircuts are a bit similar.
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    prince is not considered pop music ? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    They never said he was a pop musician, it was a twist on their names.
    They never said he was a pop musician, it was a twist on their names.

<!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> yeah my head was goin like that janet is to pop what prince is to say r&b but i don't exactly know princes catagory. make any sense? probably not , sorry <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
    think i have sympathy chemo brain <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • happythoughtshappythoughts Posts: 334
    TMZ sure likes to point out her masculine side; when they showed her in her pantsuit, her impressive muscles, and now this... Comparing her to a man. Odd.

She's gorgeous. <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    I don´t get this article.

Are they relatives?, half bro half sis?, they both smile?, same hair cut, 2 eyes and a mouth?.....what is it so "unbelievable"? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Are they relatives?, half bro half sis?, they both smile?, same hair cut, 2 eyes and a mouth?.....what is it so "unbelievable"? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

oh thank God ! i thought it was me <!-- safraid/ -->afraid/<!-- safraid/ --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • JentleTouchJentleTouch Posts: 244

oh thank God ! i thought it was me <!-- safraid/ -->afraid/<!-- safraid/ --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
    No, it wan't just you, suspicious mind, I didn't get that a couple of posts ago either lol
    I think it's just the usual mocking from the media again. They spare noone's feelings or self-esteems, even women's ones, thinking they look so cool and "good-selling', printing this garbage.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787

TMZ does this all the time - here are some pictures from the We're Just Sayin' category: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/category/were-just-sayin/<!-- m -->

0510-thor-weir-credit.jpg
    0509-liam-wintour-credit.jpg
    0509-raven-swan-credit.jpg
    0505-fabio-jen-splash-credit.jpg
    0421-adam-lambert-credit.jpg

Each "story" is only a couple lines long...there's no real point to them, I think they're just poking fun or whatever. But they don't mean anything. Although I do find it interesting they paired Janet and Prince together.
  • to me, this is jus a subtle confirnmation that prince does know about the hoax.
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    Prince is ....not looking very good.
    Janet is beautiful.
    The way their hair is done isw not quite the same to me. So the connection must go beyond the haircut...I hope.
  • Lovely OneLovely One Posts: 430
    Not getting the meaning of this. <!-- ssuspicious// -->suspicious//<!-- ssuspicious// -->
    Why are they comparing the 2 just because of hair?? They look nothing alike in the face...but, I do
    think that Prince might be privy to some information about the hoax! Although Prince and Michael
    had 2 different styles, I do believe that they "borrowed and copied" off of one another! Easy to see why
    Janet would carry on some of these styles. She looks beautiful no matter what hair she has! <!-- sgeek/ -->geek/<!-- sgeek/ -->
  • brunob12brunob12 Posts: 162
    I'm missing something here... Michael and Prince weren't rivals? And why would he know about the hoax, what is the point? <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->
  • heartphantomheartphantom Posts: 722
    What if this article is just a tabloid article? No hidden message?
    I bet TMZ is having fun now.
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    What if this article is just a tabloid article? No hidden message?

I bet they had a lot of fun because they are following this site and I can think of no other site funnier for the time being.
  • What if this article is just a tabloid article? No hidden message?

I bet tmz is doing exactly what mj wants them to do.
    I bet he ordered "drugged Blanket by his own father" article too.
    And this one too...
    <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=172&t=19217#p332943<!-- l -->

<!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • What if this article is just a tabloid article? No hidden message?

Yes indeed TMZ is having fun now <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->
    Just because it is a pointless tabloid article from TMZ, this article is copied&pasted by dozens of tabloid sites saying nothing, from what I've seen.
  • I don´t get this article.

TMZ does this all the time - here are some pictures from the We're Just Sayin' category: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/category/were-just-sayin/<!-- m -->

0510-thor-weir-credit.jpg
    0509-liam-wintour-credit.jpg
    0509-raven-swan-credit.jpg
    0505-fabio-jen-splash-credit.jpg
    0421-adam-lambert-credit.jpg

Each "story" is only a couple lines long...there's no real point to them, I think they're just poking fun or whatever. But they don't mean anything. Although I do find it interesting they paired Janet and Prince together.

I agree with you. Janet's and Prince's hair are very similar in the pictures they posted. On an unrelated note, it was really nice to see an 80's picture of George Michael again. I had such a crush on him back then! What memories! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    so are you tellin' me there are people who actually appreciate this ?
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Gema wrote:

Are they relatives?, half bro half sis?, they both smile?, same hair cut, 2 eyes and a mouth?.....what is it so "unbelievable"?

I do not understand, I think TMZ has fun with people on the forum <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> ... me you will not entertain Harvey <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • so are you tellin' me there are people who actually appreciate this ?

I'm sure there are a lot of people who enjoy these stories. Some folks just love gossip and love to poke fun at other people. Personally, I can't stand TMZ, although I must confess that it was nice to see that picture of George Michael.