The Secret Is Out: ‘Oprah Winfrey Show’ Final Guest Revealed

hachimanhachiman Posts: 188
edited January 1970 in News
<!-- m -->http://www.accesshollywood.com/the-secr ... icle_48447<!-- m -->

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
The secret has been revealed. The final guest on the very last “Oprah Winfrey Show” is…

No one.

According to sources at the taping in Chicago, Ill. who spoke to NBC News, it was neither a celebrity nor a newsmaker who graced the stage alongside the exiting talk show host as she wrapped up her run as daytime’s reigning talk show queen after 25 years.

Instead, the show, which airs on Wednesday, May 25, features just Oprah sharing her life lessons and revisiting clips from her quarter-century on the air as “The Oprah Winfrey Show” host.

“This is my love letter to you,” Oprah reportedly said.

While the talk show host’s eyes were moistened with tears at times during the taping, she never lost her composure, like she did last week as the “Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular” episodes were filmed, ending up in what she called the “ugly cry.”

Although no one joined Oprah as a guest, several celebrity friends were in the audience sources told NBC News, including Maria Shriver, Suze Orman, Tyler Perry, trainer Bob Greene, best friend Gayle King and longtime partner Stedman Graham.

Also in attendance was one of Oprah’s biggest influences – her fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Mary Duncan — whom she has long credited for helping a young Oprah realize her potential.

“It was in her class that I really came into myself. After all these years, I could say thank you to a woman who had a powerful impact on my early life,” Oprah previously said.

Comments

• happythoughtshappythoughts Posts: 334
    Eff.
  • Oprah backwards = harpo (productions)

Own (Oprah news network) backwards = NWO

Any thoughts?
  • fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    Oprah backwards = harpo (productions)

Any thoughts?
    Great observation <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    Oprah backwards = harpo (productions)

Any thoughts?

NWO= Network Winfrey Oprah= TV cable.

"Instead, the show, which airs on Wednesday, May 25, features just Oprah sharing her life lessons and revisiting clips from her quarter-century on the air as “The Oprah Winfrey Show” host."
    Could not be anything more interesting, I am not surprised, all about her. But I will watch and see.
  • VeryLittleSusieVeryLittleSusie Posts: 1,483
    I told you so.... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    Another day - another disappointment...
  • I'm not surprised but does that mean she still might know MJ is alive or she doesn't?
    But I have to say, I always watched her show and I learnt a lot from it. Some of the guests were really inspiring and it shows you the other hardships people around the world are going through and to be grateful for the things you have.
  • This morning I was listening my local radio station the Q, if any of you are from Montreal, they were talking about Oprah, and they said there will be a secret person ... I guess we shall see today... If Michael is not the one today, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE, KEEP THE FAITH.. IT DOESN'T MEAN HE IS DEAD, WE ALL KNOW HE IS ALIVE. BLESSINGS.
  • hachimanhachiman Posts: 188
    This morning I was listening my local radio station the Q, if any of you are from Montreal, they were talking about Oprah, and they said there will be a secret person ... I guess we shall see today... If Michael is not the one today, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE, KEEP THE FAITH.. IT DOESN'T MEAN HE IS DEAD, WE ALL KNOW HE IS ALIVE. BLESSINGS.
    That secret person will probably be leaked before the last show airs.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    THIS IS IT... say's Oprah <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Pleeze chile, don't go there <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43167364

By Lisa Balde
    NBCChicago.com NBCChicago.com
    updated 15 minutes ago 2011-05-25T14:15:22
    Share Print Font: + - This is it. The last "Oprah Show."

Since Oprah Winfrey announced she would end her top-rated talk show after 25 years, speculation grew about the final episode. But Chicago's Queen of Talk gave nothing away. Winfrey produced the show and even kept segments secret from crew.

How will she wrap it? Here's what aired Wednesday morning.

9:12 a.m.: More advice: "Start embracing the life that is calling you and use your calling to serve the world."

9:08 a.m.: Oprah advice: Take from this show the ability "to live from the heart of yourself." "It has been a privilege for me," she says, to do the show.

9:06 a.m.: Winfrey says there will be no makeovers, giveaways or surprises. "This hour is really about saying thank you. This is my love letter to you."

9:05 a.m.: She laughs about past photos of her with large hair and "earrings the size of napkins." She said she always wanted to be a teacher.

9:02 a.m.: Clip from "A.M. Chicago." Winfrey was about to turn 30 years old at the time and had two football players on the show. "I just wanted to do a good job and cause no harm," she said. "From day one, Chicago, you hooked me in."

9 a.m.: Montage of past "Oprah Show" moments precedes a standing ovation and tears from the audience. "Thank you America, thank you so much," Winfrey says. "There are no words to match this moment. ... How truly amazing it is, this journey you and I have shared together." This is Winfrey's 4,561st day spent on the show, she says.
  • TheMoonIsDancingTheMoonIsDancing Posts: 1,003
    Well, if she's looking back on past shows, she had to show the '92 show of Michael. and then maybe he will bust out of the screen lmao! Who knows?!
    Keep clicking the link, as it updates every few minutes.
  • andy1andy2andy1andy2 Posts: 212
    Again.....NO BAM......NO MJ..... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    9:57 a.m.: Turns back to the audience for one last round of applause. "We did it!" she yells back stage to her staff.

9:56 a.m.: Says she won't say goodbye. Instead: "Until we meet again. To God be the glory." Walks off the stage hugging people and shaking hands.

9:54 a.m.: Is ending the show bittersweet? "All sweet, no bitter," she says and talks about gratitude.

9:51 a.m.: Tears up while talking about her childhood and end of the last show.

...No sympathy from me. She never had any sympathy when Michael talked about his.

9:50 a.m.: Gives her post- show personal email account: oprah@oprah.com. She asks viewers to write her, saying, "I want you to know that what you have to say matters to me."

I will be writing her at least ONE letter for sure.

9:48 a.m.: A sentimental Oprah thanks the audience again. Introduces her fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Duncan, in the audience. Oprah thanks Duncan and says the teacher was her first liberator.

9:44 a.m.: Does Oprah have regrets? Mostly no but says she regrets not bringing more stories to the show of sexual seduction, rape and abuse of children. Cuts to a clip of a past all-male audience holding photos of themselves at the age they were abused.

Quite aware of when these aired. right in the midst of interviews with Michael's family.

9:40 a.m.: Oprah remains the only person on stage. She talks about spirituality, saying, "I have felt the presence of God all my life even when I didn't have a word for it."

9:36 a.m.: She thanks the Harpo family. What is the secret to success? "I non-jokingly say my team and Jesus. Because nothing but the hand of God has made this possible for me."

And satan had some part in it too. If you're going to be honest, do it all the way. No way God had anything to do with her continued inability to do the right thing, even when she had the opportunity to do it. "Thou shall not bear false witness against thou neighbors"...near and far

9:32 a.m.: Says she talked to nearly 30,000 people while hosting "The Oprah Show." They all had the same thing in common, she said. "They all wanted validation."

9:29 a.m.: Oprah looks back on riding into the studio on a "pooping elephant," scaling a wall at Marine boot camp and swinging from a rope. "The only thing i haven't done is jump from a plane," she laughs.

9:23 a.m.: Remembers early show about alcoholism and people on the show saying "things they wouldn't say to their own family." Shows montage of people coming out, admitting to disease and talking about abuse.

9:17 a.m.: Features a show clip with Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor, author of "My Stroke of Insight," and the sign Taylor gave Oprah that reads, "Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space."

9:16 a.m.: Was Oprah surprised by the "spectacular" last week at The United Center? "Did you see my face?" she laughs. She thanks Facebook posters, Tweeters and emailers for kind farewell messages.

9:12 a.m.: More advice: "Start embracing the life that is calling you and use your calling to serve the world."
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Oplast.jpg

<!-- m -->http://www.toofab.com/<!-- m -->
    "This is it" and this have to mean a connection, but what.
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    yellow brick road of blessings?

of course it's a coincidence
  • backstagerbackstager Posts: 291
    There has to be something more to it. Why all this hype over it being "so shocking" and a special guest.. if there wouldnt be any? Hmm. False advertisment?

Cause honestly there is nothing shocking about Oprah talking about herself <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Thank you so much for sharing the account of her show for those of us that either chose not to watch it or could not. I appreciate you.

I am glad I didn't watch it - that would have been a real let down and left me wondering "is that it?". The yellow brick road sentence - odd. Seems like that phrase is used a lot lately....

I am sure a lot of people were thrilled to watch her love letter to her fans. And I'm happy they were able to do so. For me, nothing short of a full out apology to Michael on her last show would have been enough. Seems like I'll have to keep waiting.

Blessings.
  • TheMoonIsDancingTheMoonIsDancing Posts: 1,003
    Blah blah blah! I'm not surprised. Good news: Oprah's off the air finally! <!-- smichael-jackson/ -->michael-jackson/<!-- smichael-jackson/ --> <!-- spenguin/ -->penguin/<!-- spenguin/ --> <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ --> <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I think that her utter silence on MJ and his being the major boost to her show in the beginning (93 interview, see below) and her sexual abuse shows while MJ's 2005 trial was going on) is telling. Something's afoot. Remember that game Taboo?
    TABOO Game
    It’s not what you say…It’s what you don’t say!

Time is against you. You know what you’d like to say if you could only find the words. But some things in life are strictly…TABOO.

Example: How do you get your team to say the word BIRTHDAY…if you can’t say the words HAPPY, ANNIVERSARY, CANDLES, PRESENTS or CAKE?
    tabooPlayers.jpg
    <!-- m -->http://www.hasbro.com/games/adult-games/taboo/<!-- m -->
    I think the whole entertainment world and movers and shakers of the world are playing the game also, and they've all got the same word/name they're not supposed to say!!
    MICHAEL JACKSON
    On February 10, 1993, Oprah sat down with Michael Jackson for what would be the most-watched interview in television history. Michael, a fiercely private entertainer, had refused to give an interview for 14 years. The unprecedented live event drew a worldwide audience of 90 million people. "It was the most exciting interview I'd ever done because it was live around the world," Oprah says. "It's the only time that I can recall being so nervous that my knees were literally shaking."

For months, booking director Cindy and booking manager Erin have been working to secure an interview with Michael's mother, Katherine. "Seeing Michael Jackson through the eyes of his mother, Katherine Jackson, would be of major interest to me and also to our viewers," Oprah says.

Finally, at the start of the season, the team gets the call they've been waiting for—and more. Katherine has agreed to do the interview, along with Michael's three children, Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket. "This will be the world exclusive," Erin says.

Cindy, Erin and senior supervising producer Andrea can't wait to share the news and interrupt a meeting in executive producer Sheri's office. "I think that's the biggest interview we can get this year," Cindy says.
    <!-- m -->http://www.oprah.com/own-oprah-behind-t ... d-Children<!-- m -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    " CHAO OPRAH "!