MJ Tribute Dot Portrait coming to an end!

VeryLittleSusieVeryLittleSusie Posts: 1,483
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
This is what I got on my email. Did you also get it?

Attention MJ Fans! Breaking News!
Michael’s Portrait Completion Date Has Been Determined
We are pleased to announce that the final dot in Michael’s Tribute Portrait will be drawn this year, in time for his birthday, August 29, 2011. This date is exactly two years to the day from when this tribute was first opened to the public for fans all around the world to become part of this historical museum-quality art, the day after the Portrait’s official launch at a private ribbon cutting ceremony at which the first dots were drawn for Michael and his children on August 28, 2009.
The Portrait will take at least one million dots to complete, but MJTP Artist David Ilan will be drawing dots ahead of some people signing up, in an effort to get the Portrait completed in time for Michael’s birthday. However, fans can continue to join for a long time to come. After the Portrait is complete, when someone joins they will be assigned a pre-drawn dot.
If you know anyone who doesn’t have their dot yet please let them know to get it right away because anyone who signs up before August 29th will have their dot placed in Michael’s image. After August 29th the dots will be drawn somewhere within the Portrait itself, but not necessarily in the areas making up Michael’s image.
Although the Portrait will be complete, the website, the MJTP magazine, the New Generation, Linda’s blog and Michael’s Angels will all continue. We will continue to honor and celebrate Michael Jackson the man, the legend and the humanitarian.
We will be holding a ceremony to celebrate the completion of the Portrait. Details will be forthcoming as we finalize them.

Comments

• VeryLittleSusieVeryLittleSusie Posts: 1,483
    Other news from the newsletter for anyone interested:

Coming to L.A. in June?
    Will you be coming to Los Angeles in June to pay your respects to Michael for the 2nd anniversary of his passing? If so, we would like to know about it. Please send an email to <!-- e -->www.FanClipCentral.com<!-- w -->. Act Now – DEADLINE IS MAY 31
    Tribute Tidbits

The Ultimate Michael Cruise
    We'd like to tell you about a cruise to which we were graciously invited for Michael's birthday. Due to scheduling conflicts, we are not able to attend, but we'd like to share the information with you in case you'd like to take a Caribbean cruise with fellow MJ fans! Called "The Ultimate Michael Cruise," it is a tribute to Michael Jackson. The cruise departs from Miami, Florida, USA. Ports of call include Grand Bahamas, Nassau & Stirrup Cay. The cruise takes place August 29 through September 2, 2011. Visit <!-- m -->http://www.ultimatemichaelcruise.com<!-- m --> for more information.
    Please note: This event is not sanctioned by the Estate, and is not an MJTP Project.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Is everyone here a dot? If not, please join up. I will be actively working trying to get people in my city signed up. I can't believe after almost 2 years they haven't gotten 1 million people to sign up. Where are ALL Michael's millions and millions of fans?
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    I've jsut checked my e-mail and yes, i got that message too, i've been a dot on his upper lip since 2009, it'
    s a shame that we haven't reached 1mln, i'll do everything to inform other MJFans about it, so that they can participate in it too.
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    wow that's good news isn't it?
    I thought they will never get 1000000 dots, but looks like I was wrong (hmmmm I wonder if they cheated a bit..)