MJ Children Adjusted Well

scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
edited January 1970 in News
Michael Jackson's Children: 'They've Adjusted Pretty Well,' Says Grandmother

Michael Jackson fans can't help but consider how his three children, Prince Michael, Paris, and Prince Michael II (Blanket), are doing on the second anniversary of their father's untimely passing..

It might be comforting to know that the world's most famous celebrity kids have come up with a number of ways to remember their father on an ongoing basis that isn't just tied to the June 25 anniversary date..

It started with Michael's memorial on July 7, 2009, just weeks after he died. The world was surprised and impressed to see the strength, composure, and eloquence displayed by Paris, who spoke during the program..

"Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. And I just want to say that I love him so much," she said, before weeping and being embraced by her aunt Janet..

Seven months later, Paris and her older brother Prince Michael appeared on the Grammys to accept the Life Achievement Award on their father's behalf..

Jackie, Michael's eldest brother, said his nephews and niece are always thinking about their dad. "They are around their father 24 hours a day," Jackie told People. "They have pictures in the bedroom. They talk about him all the time. They ask me stories about him. They want to know more about him.".

Prince Michael, inspired by fond memories of studying filmmaking with his father, is learning how to produce movies..

"We had a teacher from UCLA come to our house and we would do film classes," Prince said during an interview on Good Morning America that aired in March. "And when we were in Ireland, we would film a couple movies with him too.".

In the GMA interview, Paris expressed plans to audition for a role in a school play..

Blanket has taken on his father's interest in dancing. A video of the Michael's youngest son dancing to his hit "Billie Jean" was posted online..

The children have also taken on charitable works, something that was always important to Michael. They are on the youth board of Michael's Heal The World Foundation. They joined the organization's president Melissa Johnson earlier this year when she presented a $10,000 check to a children's shelter in San Fernando Valley..

They joined their aunt La Toya in supporting the Red Cross. "I think it's very important for them to know what their father has done and to follow that legacy and to keep in their heart and mind to give always," she told OK!.

La Toya said the children asked her to help Japan after the tsunami struck in March. "They said that they don't mind doing and giving whatever," she said. "It was sweet. They say, 'Can we give our clothes to them?'".

La Toya also revealed another touching gesture Paris made during the time of the memorial. "She had made a special request of me during our fitting for the clothes we would wear to the memorial: ‘Auntie La Toya, I would like to give Daddy a half heart necklace. I'll have one half, and he'll have one half.' ... ‘Daddy, this is for you,' she said. ‘I have this part of the heart. And I want you to have this other part and carry it with you.' It was such a beautiful, sentimental moment.".

Michael's fans are continuously extending their regards to the children. Last week, a fan gave Prince Michael and Paris a pair of motorcycles customized with nostalgic images of their late father..

Their grandmother Katherine told Good Morning America that she was pleased with their progress. "They've adjusted pretty well," she said..

<!-- m -->http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/hiphop ... andmother/<!-- m -->

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Michael's fans are continuously extending their regards to the children. Last week, a fan gave Prince Michael and Paris a pair of motorcycles customized with nostalgic images of their late father..
    <!-- m -->http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/hiphop ... andmother/<!-- m -->

Fans? According to Jackie, his son Dealz built that motorcycle:
    I'm so proud @OfficialDealz for the amazing MJ Tribute motorcycle he built! #prouddadtweet
    22 Jun via Mobile Web
    <!-- m -->https://twitter.com/#!/JackieJackson5/s ... 9954004992<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."