Write a Letter to Michael Project

hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
The MJ Tribute portrait tweeted this and it sounds a bit interesting. They are asking fans to write a letter to Michael as if he were still here physically. (as if he isn’t <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> ) It is imperative that these letters are received by 7-20-11. Four letters will be chosen and the authors of those letters will be contacted and receive a personalized limited edition copy of Michael’s portrait signed by the artist, David Ilan.

Here is the info:

Letters to Michael: What Would You Say?
July 12, 2011

Dear Dot Members,

We would like to know what Dot members would say to Michael Jackson if he were still here with us physically.

Please send a fan letter to Michael as if he were to read it via email to <!-- e -->Michael@MichaelJacksonTributePortrait.com<!-- e -->, in time for us to receive them by July 20, 2011, 12:00 PM Pacific Time.

2. All MJTP Dot Members are eligible (yes, even Team Members, but David will not play favorites; what matters is what you have to say to Michael, not who you are!)

3. Please be sure to include your name, and your MJTP Dot Number and Username.

4. You can say whatever you want to Michael, but remember, it should be a fan letter you would have written to him as if he were still with us.

5. Your fan letter can also be as long as you’d like, however it will help David if you try to keep it only a few paragraphs, so that it might fit on a one-page standard notebook size piece of paper (8.5 inches X 11 inches) if you were to write it out by hand.

6. The letter should be in English; it doesn’t have to be perfect English. Using an online translator tool will be good enough for David to understand what your heart is saying.

7. David <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> will review all letters by sometime July 22 (Pacific Time).

8. We will contact the authors of the four (4) letters which David feels stood out the most by July 24, 2011, 12:00 PM Pacific Time.

9. We must hear back from these authors by July 25, 2011, 5:00 PM Pacific Time, to let us know you received our email, to obtain your shipping address for the posters, and provide you with additional information.

[glow=red:31qvmhs2]OKAY MICHAEL, WILL DO![/glow:31qvmhs2] <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->

<!-- sbeerchug -->beerchug<!-- sbeerchug --> Sounds interesting. I wonder what is the urgency of responding back by the 25th.

Comments

• I don't know but I hope they get flooded with mail for "David" to read. Hmmm...very interesting. Thank you for sharing!

Blessings <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • VeryLittleSusieVeryLittleSusie Posts: 1,483
    If he were dead - the kids or some members of the family would read those letters, not some David. <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ -->
    Who da hell is he anyway??? <!-- sargue/ -->argue/<!-- sargue/ -->

I don't wanna my letter to be read by some David.. <!-- smj_bad/ -->mj_bad/<!-- smj_bad/ -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    It is such a contradiction when these non-believer sites ask for stuff like this. The Tribute Portrait is not a hoax site, so why would they encourage a letter writing campaign to Michael as if he were alive? Doesn’t make any sense. It is so hypocritical because if you start talking “he’s alive” on these sites, they call you troll. So what then are they? What ever. I’m writing my letter now.
  • That is so cool, would this David be Michael by any chance?? <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> I think it is Michael reading all the fan letters, to see if we still love him and how we feel about him, before he does his BAM.. Very clever Michael very clever. We all know you are a genius.. blessings.
    Actually David Ilan is the artist who is doing the dot portrait. However, this seems a little suspect that he would be asking this with all these specifics. Makes me wonder if he’s not getting personalized instruction from the man himself.
  • Actually David Ilan is the artist who is doing the dot portrait. However, this seems a little suspect that he would be asking this with all these specifics. Makes me wonder if he’s not getting personalized instruction from the man himself.

It could be, I know David is the artist, but I have this strange feeling that David can be Michael, meaning that they are working together on this project. I feel that Michael needs our approval to come back. He probably feels that us fans will judge him and be angry at him for faking his death. So with these letters, he will read them and he will make his decision and the strenght to come back. It is not easy to come back once you publically annonced your death. It is not easy to see that the fans will be angry at you when you come back. This is a good way to find out. This is what I feel
    I agree. I definitely feel that Michael will be reading these letters and choosing the favorites himself.
  • I wrote my letter pretty quick. It just came out of me so effortlessly. I've been wanting to say something to him for so long and finally did <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->. But I do agree that these Non-Hoax sites are a bit hypocritical at times and confuses me sometimes. Why write a letter to a 'dead' person as if he were alive? Why write a letter at all IMO?! And why write one for some random guy to read? I wrote one for that little tiny chance it is indeed MJ reading them! I can picture him doing something like this! But I did write something like "this letter's instructions were to write to you as if you are still alive. Thats easy for me, because I don't believe you are dead." <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I hope that doesn't disqualify me. If so, oh well! <!-- smj_bad/ -->mj_bad/<!-- smj_bad/ -->
  • This is AWESOME! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    I'll write my letter tomorrow, i hope that i will find the right words to say. <!-- sfresse/ -->fresse/<!-- sfresse/ -->
    I wrote my letter as if he was standing in my face right here, this day, and not prior to 6/25/09.
  • My 1st thoughts: David = Dave = Dave Dave = MJ on LKL? Going back to my padded cell to write my letter to Michael Jackson! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    All this doesn't make sense unless Michael is behind it. Does this David dude have so much spare time to sit back and read millions of fans' letters?! Smth is fishy about it. However, i wish it was Michael, then i would send a very long and candid letter to him)))
    I don’t know, but he did say “See you in July”… <!-- sbeerchug -->beerchug<!-- sbeerchug -->

July 2+5th will be exactly 2+5 months since the death equalling 777 <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->