Cardiff to host Jackson tribute gig

ladylee1979ladylee1979 Posts: 257
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Michael Jackson's mother has announced that a tribute concert will take place in Britain for the star who died two years ago.<br /><br />Katherine Jackson revealed details of the show, which will take place at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, during a press conference.<br /><br />She said: "Michael gave his entire life to the world through his love, his music and his devotion to healing the planet."<br /><br />The singer's mother added that "as many members of my family that are available" will be at the concert in Wales on October 8.<br /><br />However, in a statement, Michael's brothers Jermaine and Randy Jackson said they felt the timing of the concert was "inappropriate" and "ill-timed" as it falls two weeks into the criminal trial of Conrad Murray, the doctor charged with involuntary manslaughter in relation to the star's death.<br /><br />The brothers said: "Today's press conference in Los Angeles announced a tribute concert to Michael to be attended and supported by the Jackson family. However, we want to make clear that this does not reflect the position of the entire family.<br /><br />"While we wholeheartedly support the spirit of a tribute that honours our brother, we find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death.<br /><br />"As everyone knows, those proceedings commence September 20th, and this Michael Forever concert takes place in Cardiff, Wales, on October 8th.<br /><br />"In light of this, we feel it is inappropriate to be involved with such an ill-timed event and its promoter, Global Live.<br /><br />"Furthermore, the decision to proceed with this concert disrespects opinions and wishes expressed in the strongest terms to Global Live during conversations in April when this event was presented to the majority of the family as an idea already in its advanced stages<br />http://celebrity.uk.msn.com/news/cardiff-to-host-jackson-tribute-gig-1

Comments

• titaniatitania Posts: 160
    :)This is very interesting to my way of thinking for two major reasons:<br /><br />1. Who loves Controversy? ( source Teddy Riley)<br /><br />2. Who loves the Cardiff giant?<br /><br />http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html<br /><br />So here we have the controversy between the different family members and then we have the association to the hoax master PT Barnum. <br /><br />I bet there are further clues to be found by reading the information about the giant more closely. Which i will get down to ASAP. ;)<br /><br />And I very much wonder if this is a tribute that is actually gonna  take off. I find it strange that there should be a tribute hard at heals upon the launch of the Cirque Immortal Tour!!! :-\<br /><br />Titania
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1311717239:
    <br /> :)This is very interesting to my way of thinking for two major reasons:<br /><br />1. Who loves Controversy? ( source Teddy Riley)<br /><br />2. Who loves the Cardiff giant?<br /><br />http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html<br /><br />So here we have the controversy between the different family members and then we have the association to the hoax master PT Barnum. <br /><br />I bet there are further clues to be found by reading the information about the giant more closely. Which i will get down to ASAP. ;)<br /><br />And I very much wonder if this is a tribute that is actually gonna  take off. I find it strange that there should be a tribute hard at heals upon the launch of the Cirque Immortal Tour!!! :-\<br /><br />Titania<br />
    <br /><br />You wrote exactly what I was going to write. So, I don't need to repeat it. I agree with you 100%.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Do these people live in the same house?  If so, it must be total chaos when it’s time to decide what’s for dinner ;D  They don’t seem to agree on anything.
  • Mish1981Mish1981 Posts: 538
    on 1311723328:
    <br />Do these people live in the same house?  If so, it must be total chaos when it’s time to decide what’s for dinner ;D  They don’t seem to agree on anything.<br />
    <br /><br />HA HA HA
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    I would imagine that everyone would eat whatever Ms. Katherine was making.<br /><br />--HARD look...--
    on 1311722424:
    <br />
    on 1311717239:
    <br /> :)This is very interesting to my way of thinking for two major reasons:<br /><br />1. Who loves Controversy? ( source Teddy Riley)<br /><br />2. Who loves the Cardiff giant?<br /><br />http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html<br /><br />So here we have the controversy between the different family members and then we have the association to the hoax master PT Barnum. <br /><br />I bet there are further clues to be found by reading the information about the giant more closely. Which i will get down to ASAP. ;)<br /><br />And I very much wonder if this is a tribute that is actually gonna  take off. I find it strange that there should be a tribute hard at heals upon the launch of the Cirque Immortal Tour!!! :-\<br /><br />Titania<br />
    <br /><br />You wrote exactly what I was going to write. So, I don't need to repeat it. I agree with you 100%. <br />
    <br /><br />Thanks, great minds think alike LOL!<br /><br />And I would just liek to add a little something in the Welsh tongue:<br /><br />Pam y mae teyrnged i rywun sy'n dal yn fyw? <br /> <br />Why have a tribute for someone who is alive?<br /><br />Those Jackson bros better start practising on their pronunciation and intonation in order to go down well in "the land of my fathers"! A land filled with great bands of men marching up and down hills and singing lengthy choir arrangements while a faery might be lurking in the bushes playing on a harp...<br /><br />Cheers!<br /><br />Titania<br /><br />Hehehe!!!<br /><br />Titania
  • A planned Michael Jackson tribute concert, supported by the late pop star's mother and four siblings, was in disarray Thursday amid family squabbling and the apparent failure of promoters to sign any big-name acts so far.<br /><br />Tickets for the show, scheduled for Cardiff, Wales, in October, were to go on sale Thursday, but instead of providing a link for purchases the promoter's website asked fans to "Please Standby for further announcements." <br /><br />The head of the British company promoting the concert promised last week it would "feature the world's most amazing music performers." The roster would be revealed online one act at a time over the next 10 days weeks, Global Live Events CEO Chris Hunt told reporters at a July 25 news conference.<br /><br />"Everybody's in the midst of signing contracts so nothing can be announced until that happens," Juliette Harris, spokeswoman for Global Live Events, told CNN late Tuesday. She suggested an announcement would come Wednesday.<br /><br />By Thursday, still no acts had been announced.<br /><br />The problems started soon after brothers Marlon, Tito and Jackie, sister La Toya and family matriarch Katherine Jackson attended the "Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert" announcement at the Beverly Hills Hotel on July 25.<br /><br />La Toya Jackson said it was "something that's spectacular" while the Jacksons' mother called it "a show fit for a king."<br /><br />"If my son were here today, he would feel the same way," Katherine Jackson said.<br /><br />"I know my brother would be very, very proud to see all the artists that he admired and respected so much coming together for this event," Tito Jackson said.<br /><br />But an hour later, Jermaine and Randy Jackson, the only brothers not at the news conference, issued a sharply worded statement that reflected a deep division within the Jackson family over the show.<br /><br />"We want to make clear that this does not reflect the position of the entire family," the two brothers said in a joint statement.<br /><br />"While we wholeheartedly support the spirit of a tribute that honors our brother, we find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death."<br /><br />While Hunt had hinted it could include a Jackson brothers reunion, the statement from Jermaine and Randy Jackson made it clear that would not happen.<br /><br />"In light of this, we feel it is inappropriate to be involved with such an ill-timed event and its promoter, Global Live," Randy and Jermaine Jackson said.<br /><br />Their statement said the idea of the October concert was presented to the entire family in April "as an idea already in its advanced stages." The decision to go ahead with it "disrespects opinions and wishes expressed in the strongest terms" by some members of the Jackson family, they said.<br /><br />The Michael Jackson Fan Club agreed with the two brothers, issuing a similar statement.<br /><br />"We share their concerns that this concert is taking place at a most inappropriate time when everyone's care and attention should be focused on the matter of justice. We believe that, as stated by Jermaine and Randy, the most important tribute we can give to Michael Jackson at this time is to seek justice in his name."<br /><br />Jackson fans posted messages on the concert's Facebook page questioning ticket prices and the process for buying them. <br /><br />Fans must place bids for a chance to buy a ticket. The higher their pledge to a charity, the better their chances of getting a good seat.<br /><br />"The ticket system is so bad!! the higher you bid the better seats you get?? not every Michael fan is rich!!!" one fan posted on the "Michael Forever Tribute" Facebook page Thursday.<br /><br />After several days of such negative posts, a link to the Facebook page was removed from the concert's website.<br /><br />The October 8 show, in the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff, which seats 75,000 people, would be at least four hours long, Hunt said.<br /><br />In addition to the other problems surrounding the event, a spokesman for Michael Jackson's estate said last week that the promoters never sought or obtained permission from the estate's executors to use late pop singer's name or image.<br /><br />"The estate has not been contacted and is not involved with Global Live Events in the UK tribute concert announced today," spokesman Jim Bates told CNN.<br /><br />
  • i am a little foggy on what exactly happened during the 2005 trial  but as i understand it there are hoaxers who are upset that ophrah had done shows on molestation during that trial. someone correct me if i am wrong.  now wouldn't having a tribute to michael during the murry trial sort of be along the same lines? is it possible that is supposed to be the point of randy and jermaines dissatisfaction with the whole thing?<br />sorry if this doesn't make any sense to anyone. :D
    i think the Murray trial and the 2005 MJ trial are linked in a number of ways. Check out these videos:<br /><br /> /><br /> /><br />Conrad Murray and Michael Jackson mirror each other in so many ways- and we are being taught my a MASTER to open our eyes and really listen to The Man in the Mirror.<br /><br />So the tribute controversy might well mirror things that were going on during the trial e g in the media. This hoax is multifacetted so it takes a bit of time and energy and mindwork to put all the pieces together into a coherent whole.<br /><br />Gotta respect the man with the cool mind and the warm heart! Love you MJ! bearhug<br /><br />Titania penguin/<br /><br />
  • Hmmmm if michael is alive then murray is innocent if murray is innocent then no trial needed what better way to distract our attention from the court case than have a nice big tribute concert to divert our attention??
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    :lol: :lol: :lol:  I can't stop laughing.... <br /><br />Guess what is located at the address of Global Live Events LLP:<br /><br /><br />
    GLOBAL LIVE EVENTS LLP, established 2011-03-29
    <br />According to Companies House the status of GLOBAL LIVE EVENTS LLP is currently Active.
    <br /> GLOBAL LIVE EVENTS LLP was first registered at Companies House on 2011-03-29 as a "Other - includes Limited Liability Partnerships" company, registration number OC363200. On the last annual return they registered as SIC classification code , stating that the main activity of the company was "".<br /> <br /> The company last filed accounts on Unknown of type "NotAvailable".
    <br />Registered office address  89 WHITELADIES ROAD,
    BRISTOL<br /> <br /> BS8 2NT<br /><br /> (Find all company directors at  BS8 2NT
    <br />
    Directors [/l]
    http://www.company-check.co.uk/company/OC363200<br /><br />A bar with the name "Humbug".<br /><br /> :lol: :lol: :lol: <br /><br /><br />