Jermaine's statement

Truth_or_DareTruth_or_Dare Posts: 299
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
* Haven't seen this posted anywhere; delete if double post*<br /><br />http://mjstar.co.uk/?p=5095&amp;utm_source=feedburner&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_campaign=Feed:+MichaelJacksonMJSTAR+(Michael+Jackson+MJSTAR)&lt;br /><br />Michael Jackson’s brother Jermaine, has released a follow up statement, this time regarding his Michael Jackson book:<br />
<br /><br />    Many of you have asked about my book’s timing in light of my comments about the tribute concert, so let me explain.<br /><br />    When I first signed the book deal, the agreed publication date was October 13. When the courts moved the trial date from June to September, that meant the book would come out in the middle of those proceedings — an outcome I couldn’t allow.<br /><br />    Once I explained this to the UK & US publishers, they both understood and acted swiftly, going to great lengths to rearrange their ‘locked in’ schedules.<br /><br />    I was offered two alternative publication dates: first week November or second week September. To avoid a potential clash with any jury deliberations/verdict in the November, I agreed September 13 because it’s BEFORE the trial’s start on September 20.<br /><br />    Where my publishers listened and acted to avoid conflict with the trial, Global Live, the promoters behind the tribute concert, heard my same concerns and stuck to their October 8th concert date. There is the difference.<br /><br />    I will not be promoting the book or doing any book signings after September 20 and until the trial has ended.<br /><br />    JERMAINE
<br />

Comments

• What is the difference in the book being published before or during the trial? It can still affect deliberations...
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    I don't think it's to do with influencing deliberations etc, more to do with it not being respectful, or if I was being cynical I might suggest it's about getting all the attention, not picking up the scraps when the trial's in progress! That's if there IS a book and there IS a trial, of course!<br /><br />(If we're talking about affecting the trial - how about LaToya's book????)
  • [size=12pt]If Latoya book came out before the trial, why not his? What is the difference. I think this is all a lie or he wants fame again.  ::)[/size]
  • taty_2crazytaty_2crazy Posts: 290
    Why is the timing so important for the release of his book. It has nothing to do with the trial. :?: